Back to Problem Solving Using Computational Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Problem Solving Using Computational Thinking by University of Michigan

Have you ever heard that computers "think"? Believe it or not, computers really do not think. Instead, they do exactly what we tell them to do. Programming is, "telling the computer what to do and how to do it." Before you can think about programming a computer, you need to work out exactly what it is you want to tell the computer to do. Thinking through problems this way is Computational Thinking. Computational Thinking allows us to take complex problems, understand what the problem is, and develop solutions. We can present these solutions in a way that both computers and people can understand. The course includes an introduction to computational thinking and a broad definition of each concept, a series of real-world cases that illustrate how computational thinking can be used to solve complex problems, and a student project that asks you to apply what they are learning about Computational Thinking in a real-world situation. This project will be completed in stages (and milestones) and will also include a final disaster response plan you'll share with other learners like you. This course is designed for anyone who is just beginning programming, is thinking about programming or simply wants to understand a new way of thinking about problems critically. No prior programming is needed. The examples in this course may feel particularly relevant to a High School audience and were designed to be understandable by anyone. You will learn: -To define Computational Thinking components including abstraction, problem identification, decomposition, pattern recognition, algorithms, and evaluating solutions -To recognize Computational Thinking concepts in practice through a series of real-world case examples -To develop solutions through the application of Computational Thinking concepts to real world problems...

HB
May 18, 2021

This course is very dummy-proof. As someone who never learns about computational thinking, this course helps me to understand the materials and the cases provided in a very simple way. Thank you!

RK
May 10, 2021

though the peer review system might trouble you but it was a great learning experience reading others graphical organizers help me understand how there can be a different outlook to same problem

51 - 75 of 252 Reviews for Problem Solving Using Computational Thinking

By Raymond S

May 11, 2021

It's an eye opening course that helps you get an in-dept understanding on how to effectively come up with a quantifiable computer solveable solutions.

By Vaishnavi P

May 24, 2021

A very good course to begin with before starting programming and develop a problem solving ability and computational thinking useful for programming.

By Arif H

May 10, 2021

The awesome course explained by lectures superbly. thank you, Coursera you give so many free courses to learn something new. thank you Coursera

By Khulud B H

May 22, 2021

It was a great journey for me. Thanks to coursera for giving me an opportunity for achieving this.I am very grateful to Michigan University.

By Abhishek M

Sep 10, 2021

This course is really helpful to understand that programming is completely based on logical thinking not on remembering the syntax.

By Alvaro C F

Apr 19, 2021

Very interesting, it is the first course of this kind I took in my life and it was even better of what I was imagined. Thanks.

By Mustafa A

Apr 27, 2021

it's So much Excellent I Learn huge knowledge from this Platform, Thanks to Microsoft. Regards!

www,Facebook.com/MySalesWays

By Sharette D

May 8, 2021

A very thought out and properly designed course. Easy to follow and changes the prospective of how to approach an issue.

By Tabish A K

Aug 23, 2021

The course has helped me enhance my Knowledge on Computational thinking..

Thank you Coursera!!

Regard

Tabish Ahmed Khan

By Tichaona M

Aug 3, 2021

I​ think this is a well planned course and equipped me with skills I can apply in the real world, much appreciated

By Faramarz Y

May 26, 2021

This course will help you better understand complex problems. Divide them into sub-problems to get better results.

By Victory A A

May 24, 2021

Thanks so much for this course. This course has actually broadened my knowledge on how to solve problems everyday.

By Kim T

Apr 30, 2021

Great course. Very easy to follow the course material and contains very interesting and diverse case studies.

By Geal

Apr 30, 2021

The topics were thoroughly discussed. The instructors made the learning process easy for beginners like me.

By Priya B

May 8, 2021

An amazing experience with this course. I learnt the basics of computational thinking. thank you MICHGAN!!

By Atharva P

May 26, 2021

The course is great for learning and practicing the fundamentals of logical thinking and problem solving.

By Alfredo M D

Jun 3, 2021

This course is very inspiring and has sown the seeds to continue advancing in other goals and knowledge.

By Sebastian B

Apr 26, 2021

It´s an ideal course that gives you the basic knowlogde of computational thinking. I really recomended.

By মোঃ ন ই

May 18, 2021

This is an excellent course. It will help us to use computational thinking about our daily life event.

By Claudio T

May 28, 2021

Gives you a great tool for structuring problem resolve algorithms, not only for software developing.

By Lourdes L L R

May 23, 2021

I like it, it was a course that gives me a tool very useful that help me to define future problems.

By sumeet k

May 26, 2021

One of the best course. I will recommend to every programmer to have a taste of this course once.

By Michael R N

May 9, 2021

Instruction was easy to follow and had content from different perspectives to keep things fresh.

By Upal C

May 22, 2021

A very important set of skills to learn. A good step towards data science or programming career

By Khánh Đ T

May 13, 2021

The Course is very useful for those who want to improve their ability to solve a math problem