Back to Behavioral Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Behavioral Finance by Duke University

4.4

We make thousands of decisions every day. Do I cross the road now, or wait for the oncoming truck to pass? Should I eat fries or a salad for lunch? How much should I tip the cab driver? We usually make these decisions with almost no thought, using what psychologists call “heuristics” – rules of thumb that enable us to navigate our lives. Without these mental shortcuts, we would be paralyzed by the multitude of daily choices. But in certain circumstances, these shortcuts lead to predictable errors – predictable, that is, if we know what to watch out for. Did you know, for example, that we are naturally biased towards selling investments that are doing well for us, but holding on to those that are doing poorly? Or that we often select sub-optimal insurance payment plans, and routinely purchase insurance that we don’t even need? And why do so many of us fail to enroll in our employer’s corporate retirement plans, even when the employer offers to match our contributions? Behavioral finance is the study of these and dozens of other financial decision-making errors that can be avoided, if we are familiar with the biases that cause them. In this course, we examine these predictable errors, and discover where we are most susceptible to them. This course is intended to guide participants towards better financial choices. Learn how to improve your spending, saving, and investing decisions for the future....

M
May 2, 2018

This course was a very good sum up of Daniel Kahneman's thinking fast and slow. Definitely recommend to everyone who would like to know more about our flaws or would like to refresh your knowledge.

SK
Feb 25, 2020

Good course! There is just one thing I would improve here - an explanation of the mistakes after the tests are done. This improvement should increase the student`s understanding of specific topics.

576 - 600 of 786 Reviews for Behavioral Finance

By M- B O

Feb 8, 2021

Great course and a good insight on the topic, but it didn't have many lectures, it was mostly just PDFs that you read.

By Juris S

Dec 17, 2020

A good course before Standford game theory. Which I could recommend for everyone who is interested in human behaviors.

By mahnoor m

This course help me to remove many biases in decision make. I hope that in future I used this information in best way.

By Anita R

I really loved it. I liked the examples given especially and the course material. Its really worth to do this course.

By Ertuğrul Y

Nov 15, 2020

It was very theoretical, and some videos had no Turkish translations. visuality could be added even more. thank you.

By Ken Z

May 22, 2020

I enjoyed learning from the leaders in behavioral finance. Well worth the time and structure to complete the course.

By Saurabh R

Aug 21, 2018

The quizzes could be more numerical and have more relevant questions. Convert some of the readings into animations

By Nandini G

Aug 2, 2021

i got to learn alot from this course and would recommend people to take this course especially finance students.

By Noah P

Jul 9, 2021

Great course, in particular i find the material useful, the exams are written in a frustrating manner though.

By Vanshika K

Nov 19, 2019

Good Course too much to learn, but should have included a little more video lectures along with the readings.

By Edwina D

Aug 29, 2016

3 weeks was a bit of a rush to get everything done, but the course was very informative and met expectations.

By Sagar P

May 1, 2020

Too good. Lot of technical aspects were tried to explain. Still i feel explanation would have been provided.

By Yuvan P

Jun 1, 2020

good course gave a insight about how to manage finance and how to take decision during important times

By Gavin S

Apr 12, 2020

A well presented and thought out course. Easily understandable slides and the videos are very helpful.

By Melis Y

Nov 6, 2020

Videos are useful but the course is full of slides. I would prefer listeing from a professional much.

By Jonathan D M

Aug 23, 2020

Short and fun course on Behavioral finance. However, there is much more reading material than videos.

By 周越凡

Apr 21, 2017

It would be better to provide detailed explanation for the cases and questions raised in the slides.

By SAFA P A

Dec 5, 2021

It would be more video, less presentations. However, great course with great knowledges, thank you!

By Lisandro I A

Dec 2, 2019

It's a great course, however it's too short. It could be at least five additional hours of content.

By Sonia P

Jan 28, 2019

video don't add much value to the readings; often questions are not related to the course content

By Juan F

Jun 1, 2018

Very good introduction to Behavioral Finance: concise and applicable in real economic situations.

By Rory D

Sep 7, 2021

very good course...very thorough...comprehensive and detailed coverage of the topic...well done

By Abhishek K S

ITS VERY HELP FULL TO UNDERSTAND MY FINANCIAL DECISION MAKING ERROR... THANKS TO ALL PROFESSORS

By Mirko T

Nov 7, 2017

Very good course, interesting and well managed! Good slides, good lessons with good subtitles

By Prashanth M

May 1, 2020

wonderful and short course, but i believe the week 3 was much smaller and could be expanded