Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

IS

Oct 06, 2015

This is the first course I am taking in Coursera.org. The valuable instructors of Duke University designed and created a masterpiece for learners. Thank you so much guys. Greets from Istanbul, Turkey.

JS

Jan 13, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

1226 - 1250 of 1,352 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By Roberto R

Nov 08, 2016

Moderator answer in a very short time. I was impressed of that. I think the course should add a video to explain more in details some concept as variables. many of my issues were coming from deep doubts i had about this. maybe explain variables on hardware and variables as pointers.

By Rohan S G

Jun 25, 2019

I Found this course to be interesting at the start. As I gradually completed all my videos and exercises from week 1 and moved to week 2, I found some contents being difficult to understand. Now, I don't know if I'm the only one, but some concepts were left not explained in week 2.

By HUMBERT C

Feb 29, 2016

Good overall but the content uses library and other content that make it hard to apply the technologies to the real world, an emphasis on orienting the content to 'from scratch development' would be duly appreciated I think. Nevertheless interesting and well presented over all.

By Ahamed

Jan 20, 2017

student needs to read a lot out of this course in order to solve the exercises!

the course materials are not enough, and they focus more on images, while this entire course for beginners level, it should be fundamental stuff.

overall the course is good but needs more changes

By Dimu C

May 05, 2019

I find this course a little bit difficult to understand and maybe not so well organised. I don't know if I just had issues with my english or it was not the best course structure. I will try the next course with Java specialisation and I will see. Regards. Catalin Dimu

By Hardik S

Dec 23, 2019

The tutors were very good with the lecture videos but the only thing I didn't liked was that, this whole course was revolving around manipulating the images. We should have been taught more about styling web pages and make them responsive and interactive.

By Venkateshan P

Aug 19, 2019

Overall course is good , the way you teach with new concept like "Green screen algorithm, Steganography". But i expected more concepts and fundamentals of HTML,CSS and JAVASCRIPT i.e extra attributes, methods, functions and son on should be explained .

By Kimberlyn

Jun 11, 2018

I think there should be more training in the continuity of writing the JavaScript Code. For example, there were a few sessions where I was confused about why my function wasn't working and additional information from a previous week was needed.

By Silvia Z C

Dec 24, 2018

Good explanations provided in videos. However no one answered or provided assistance when posting works on forums. Still waiting on feedback on my work and answers on my doubts. Poor assistance to students when they are struggling.

By Beresford A D

Jul 20, 2019

At 68 years of age, my purpose for taking these computing course studies is to measure how far we have traveled since 1980 in solving problems through data patterns; we are still asking results, WHY!

--Beresford A. Davidson

By Michal S

Jul 19, 2019

I would be happy for more thorough explanations. At times it looked like for people who have some previous (basic) experience with programming. Still a nice course though.

By Dimosthenis S

Mar 08, 2017

Good introduction to very basic stuff. I skipped many videos and found the same information on the internet. If it wasn't part of the specialization I wouldn't pick it.

By Burke N

Jul 02, 2017

The course was a little light on describing some programming concepts that I would of struggled with in the exercises had I not had previous experience.

By Shachi P

Aug 19, 2016

It is a very neat and organized learning experience. It is not perfect (nothing is), but it is one of the best learning experiences I have ever had.

By Brajesh V

Oct 12, 2015

This course lost focus in later half and I nowhere I felt learning JS but just using JS as a tool to learn most of Image manipulation techniques.

By Hail B

Oct 17, 2015

All the basics for beginners. Some step by step and some things make you think and research more references. I think that's a great combination.

By Katrina W

Jul 14, 2016

This course is very difficult. I recommend only taking it if you have some experience with syntax. Although very challenging, I learned a ton.

By Kenneth L

Oct 14, 2015

The first week was a bit slow, but things picked up a bit after that. If you have programming experience, this course is not very challenging.

By Anne-Elizabeth H

May 14, 2016

HTML and CSS were well explained and clearly cover. However, some of the JavaScript was glossed over and very difficult to follow.

By Sean E

Jan 16, 2020

stated as a beginner course, but you need to have known a lot of coding prior to beginning the course. MUCH research is required.

By Paula Á C

Mar 15, 2016

Lessons are too compact and some of the videos too long and full of content, so it's hard to process all the information at once.

By Ryan W

Apr 04, 2016

This course is fine, but by week 3 and 4, it is already getting very advanced. It is quite impossible to finish within 4 weeks

By Preston T

Apr 09, 2018

While this is a good intro course, I don't think this course delves deep enough into JavaScript to be applicable in practice.

By Jordan R W

Mar 21, 2016

It is a good course, but I'm not sure it's simple enough for beginners - it doesn't teach you all the steps you need to know

By Daniel R E

Oct 26, 2015

Really frustated with this course. Lacks of explanation on the javascript part. Don´t think is recommended for beginners.