Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS, Duke University

About this Course

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

By IS

Oct 06, 2015

This is the first course I am taking in Coursera.org. The valuable instructors of Duke University designed and created a masterpiece for learners. Thank you so much guys. Greets from Istanbul, Turkey.

By WN

Mar 17, 2018

My first Coursera course I've ever done and I was very impressed with the platform on which it was presented. My experience was a positive one and I will definitely continue to pursue other courses.

1,023 Reviews

By Alankrit Nayak

Apr 19, 2019

the course content is good if you are a beginner, the projects are interesting specially the Steganography part in the honors content, however, if there was a bit more detail provided, about developing a webpage, this course would have got a five star from me.

By divyanshi sharma

Apr 19, 2019

keep supporting students across the globe by providing quality content of different revolutionary courses by experts of prestigious universities.

By Abhijeet Kumar Mohanty

Apr 18, 2019

Excellent Course

By jazeela p

Apr 14, 2019

I am so happy .This course have boosted my confidence in science and technology

By Satyam shukla

Apr 14, 2019

this will help us to make our life better

By Joy

Apr 11, 2019

This course is really great! I, as a beginner, learned a lot about web design through this course. Teachers explain knowledge step by step and the assignments are reasonable. They are helpful for me to understand and apply the theories better. So glad that Coursera provides the excellent chance for us to learn the course.

By M. Karan

explorative

By Mano Jayanth

Apr 10, 2019

it was a wonderful course to learn

By Ivan Gorbatov

Great!

By Yvette

Apr 08, 2019

challenging, passed however will retake lesson 1, I wanted it embedded in my soul.