Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

JS
Jan 12, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

AD
Jul 16, 2020

Excellent course .\n\nJust felt that there should be examples that could help someone to understand in a more better way.The videos were good and were very simple and easy to understand then the text.

226 - 250 of 2,362 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By Richard V W

Nov 7, 2017

I spent 3k on a front-end boot camp that took 10 weeks and I learned a lot, but Duke's course blew it away. It was faster, cheaper, better. I learned more JS in this course. Well done!!!!

By Affan A K

Jun 21, 2020

It Cover most Basic of HTML , CSS and JAVASCRIPT and builds a great foundation with help of some problems which are along course,

Really this is great course for building a great foundation

By Gary T

Jul 20, 2019

I learned so much, in this course. But I am motivated to keep going. Thank you Coursera and Duke University. You are giving us hope, confidence and resolve to continue learning and growing.

By Krishnanshu A

May 24, 2017

I just loved this course. Everything is so interesting and you will enjoy learning.I also want to thank coursera for providing me scholarship because I was not able to afford this course.

By Smruti P

Jul 26, 2020

An awesome learning experience with the difficult and tricky exam followed .Really helpful stuff to learn and explore. Thanks for approving my financial aid and letting me learn the techs.

By Vaibhav S

s

w

h

c

ould learn how websites work and how web pages are created. Coursera has helped me in outstanding amongst the group of people who are of the same kind as i am.

By Sarah K

Oct 25, 2018

This course was incredibly insightful. Information was presented in such a way that it was clear but not spoon-feeding you everything, and I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges and projects.

By kashif a

Aug 19, 2018

Quite fun. I have already got experience in these fields through hobby and trying to get certifications but for a beginner this is very good layout and information! Recommended definitely!

By Frederico V A

Sep 18, 2017

Easy languages to learn the basics, sets me up well for learning a harder language like Java. Also the teachers were fantastic at explaining the material, it was a breeze to go through it.

By Mehran K

Jan 18, 2016

It was an amazing Course. High quality videos, good practice quiz and interesting assignments. also the idea of final mini-project is very good. Thanks all of you for preparing this course

By Anant S

Mar 5, 2020

You can't get more than this anywhere if you really want to learn basic of html, css and javascript and if you do than that will be just waste of time . Awsome site to learn things easily

By Konstantin K

Nov 26, 2017

I liked this course. It was easy to understand a new material . The structure of the course was good. I like the quizes and practical tasks. It was fun to put the learnt lesson into code.

By ABHILASH P

Apr 21, 2020

The course was really practical and fun! It was a really new approach to getting into programming from what I am used to. I would recommend it to anyone starting their journey in coding.

By Abdullah S

Apr 15, 2020

Hello, I started this course as an beginner level of JAVA ,but after completing this course ,adds immense knowledge in my career .So I really thank to coursera to giving me oppurtunity .

By sherjung s

Oct 4, 2015

This coure was a boon for me .It is a best start up course for the computer science engineer. I want to thanks Coursera app and Duke University for such a innovative and creative course.

By SIDDHARTHA K S

Oct 14, 2020

Respected Sir/ Madam,

As students we will be grateful if you teach coding how to design a webpage layout using CSS style sheets especially tab, drop down links, hover inline etc.

Thanks.

By Amaliya A

Mar 8, 2019

Very useful course. All basics to write your code are provided here. As for me, all necessary elements are viewed: tables, lists, images, working with input files, event handlers, etc.

By Liezel-Ann D

Feb 29, 2020

This course overall help me look at computer science from a different perspective and really help me understand how to approach programming problems which I think is more important.

By HAY a

Jul 8, 2020

I really love the program because of the fact that we have a lot of practical exercises combining with a very precise presentation of every concept behind the programing exercises.

By Radwan R H

This was really useful course and I've gained a lot of skills I'm grateful to everyone who had worked on this course and I'm aiming to take the other courses of this specialization

By Muhammad K A

Feb 14, 2016

Challenging and difficult thus rewarding experience . I think the great thing about this course is the freedom they give to make certain programs with whatever way you want to use.

By Omkar M

Oct 4, 2020

This was my first course on Coursera. Need to say, it was well made. More emphasis was given to practical, which is great. Only if they could add some fun elements to this course!

By FATIMA I

Jul 27, 2020

In this course i have learnt a lot. Designing interactive web pages, manipulating images, applying filters and many more techniques. the way of teaching and testing was excellent.

By Tanzid T

Jun 7, 2020

One of the best courses I have ever taken on Coursera . This course works on foundation level and really interactive and never let you get bored if you are really into learning .