Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

IS
Oct 5, 2015

This is the first course I am taking in Coursera.org. The valuable instructors of Duke University designed and created a masterpiece for learners. Thank you so much guys. Greets from Istanbul, Turkey.

AD
Jul 16, 2020

Excellent course .\n\nJust felt that there should be examples that could help someone to understand in a more better way.The videos were good and were very simple and easy to understand then the text.

251 - 275 of 2,667 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By 18P224 K V

Jul 20, 2020

The best course with the most brilliant professors and help you with getting started with building webpages and providing a good foundation as the title suggests,learned a lot from this course.

By Rafael R

Jan 28, 2019

An excellent course with a good balance between theory and practice. All I needed was to roll up my sleeves and start learning by doing with the help and support material provided by Coursera.

By Saipriya P

Aug 12, 2018

This is an amazing course! I've learnt a lot of things just in 4 weeks and really proud of myself. Everyone should do this course as it teaches basics of coding which can help you in any field.

By Arseniy M

Feb 9, 2020

Great course for beginners. Can be challenging sometimes but when you push through it by your own research and investigation, you gain a great deal of insight into fundamentals of programming.

By Dzan W

Jun 24, 2021

Fantastic, fun, foundational course that will set you up with very useful skills, and is also a great refresher course for coding veterans with practical exercises (Steganography was great!).

By Mamedov A

Aug 10, 2020

Very helpful course even for people without any knowledges in programming. Can apply from zero and improve programming skills in HTML5(include CSS and JS) up to basic level. Very recomended!

By Richard V W

Nov 7, 2017

I spent 3k on a front-end boot camp that took 10 weeks and I learned a lot, but Duke's course blew it away. It was faster, cheaper, better. I learned more JS in this course. Well done!!!!

By Gary T

Feb 4, 2021

I learned so much, in this course. But I am motivated to keep going. Thank you Coursera and Duke University. You are giving us hope, confidence and resolve to continue learning and growing.

By 28_Affan k

Jun 21, 2020

It Cover most Basic of HTML , CSS and JAVASCRIPT and builds a great foundation with help of some problems which are along course,

Really this is great course for building a great foundation

By Krishnanshu A

May 24, 2017

I just loved this course. Everything is so interesting and you will enjoy learning.I also want to thank coursera for providing me scholarship because I was not able to afford this course.

By Smruti P

Jul 26, 2020

An awesome learning experience with the difficult and tricky exam followed .Really helpful stuff to learn and explore. Thanks for approving my financial aid and letting me learn the techs.

By Vaibhav S

s

w

h

c

ould learn how websites work and how web pages are created. Coursera has helped me in outstanding amongst the group of people who are of the same kind as i am.

By Sarah K

Oct 25, 2018

This course was incredibly insightful. Information was presented in such a way that it was clear but not spoon-feeding you everything, and I thoroughly enjoyed the challenges and projects.

By kashif a

Aug 19, 2018

Quite fun. I have already got experience in these fields through hobby and trying to get certifications but for a beginner this is very good layout and information! Recommended definitely!

By Frederico V A

Sep 18, 2017

Easy languages to learn the basics, sets me up well for learning a harder language like Java. Also the teachers were fantastic at explaining the material, it was a breeze to go through it.

By Mehran K

Jan 18, 2016

It was an amazing Course. High quality videos, good practice quiz and interesting assignments. also the idea of final mini-project is very good. Thanks all of you for preparing this course

By Huzaifa J

Jun 24, 2021

I am a beginner to coding so when I noticed this website and started taking this course it helped me more than I can image. This is a great course for beginners and it helped me a lot. :D

By Anant S

Mar 5, 2020

You can't get more than this anywhere if you really want to learn basic of html, css and javascript and if you do than that will be just waste of time . Awsome site to learn things easily

By Konstantin K

Nov 26, 2017

I liked this course. It was easy to understand a new material . The structure of the course was good. I like the quizes and practical tasks. It was fun to put the learnt lesson into code.

By ABHILASH P

Apr 21, 2020

The course was really practical and fun! It was a really new approach to getting into programming from what I am used to. I would recommend it to anyone starting their journey in coding.

By Abdullah S

Apr 15, 2020

Hello, I started this course as an beginner level of JAVA ,but after completing this course ,adds immense knowledge in my career .So I really thank to coursera to giving me oppurtunity .

By sherjung s

Oct 4, 2015

This coure was a boon for me .It is a best start up course for the computer science engineer. I want to thanks Coursera app and Duke University for such a innovative and creative course.

By SIDDHARTHA K S

Oct 14, 2020

Respected Sir/ Madam,

As students we will be grateful if you teach coding how to design a webpage layout using CSS style sheets especially tab, drop down links, hover inline etc.

Thanks.

By Amaliya A

Mar 8, 2019

Very useful course. All basics to write your code are provided here. As for me, all necessary elements are viewed: tables, lists, images, working with input files, event handlers, etc.

By Harold S V C

Jan 3, 2021

You are able to learn and create several types of webpages through this course. I reccomend it to anybody who wants to know about it and people who are interested in webpages design.