Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

JS
Jan 12, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

AD
Jul 16, 2020

Excellent course .\n\nJust felt that there should be examples that could help someone to understand in a more better way.The videos were good and were very simple and easy to understand then the text.

126 - 150 of 2,737 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By ANDR�S F R P

Nov 16, 2020

An awesome course; perfectly explained and with a strategic roadmap. It is full of helpful resourses as codePen and the DLTP environment. And has the appropiate challenges to improve the skills in a jerk accelerated fashion; from hello world in HTML to intermediate image processing with JavaScript.

By Kc P

Dec 29, 2018

Context is explained extremely well! All instructors are enjoyable to listen to. The lessons are clear and to the point which so much value given in a short video. The readings are challenging and really provide you good hands-on experience to further learn/understand what is taught in the videos.

By Zakarya N Z

Dec 30, 2020

The course is strongly recommended one. The reason is that while with less motivation I began the course by counting the difficulty of Programming, I was encouraged and learned basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Thanks to Duke University, its professors and Coursera team to arrange this course!

By Subodh C

Aug 28, 2020

I am a web developer since many years. Still I learnt so many things which I was not aware of. Correcting my thinking as a programmer, understood correct approach while debugging, and of course lots of knowledge for JavaScript, HTML and CSS programming. This course is best for beginners indeed.

By Bholenath

May 1, 2020

This course is very helpful for beginners and advanced skilled students which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript ,HTML and CSS in deep. This course is very helpful in building websites, style the websites and make interactive for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

By Harsh S

Feb 17, 2021

Best professors at the international level are here to teach in a semi-professional which is joyous as well as good for the learners on the other hand. I thank all the professors for their hard work to teach us in the most easiest approachable way possible.

With sincere regards,

Harsh Sharma

By Andrey V

Jun 10, 2019

This is the first course on Coursera, which I finished to the end. In the course of passing this course, I received a lot of new knowledge in programming and will definitely continue to study other courses of the chosen specialization. This course is a great start in learning programming!

By Ravishankar C

Oct 25, 2016

It was a very nice course. I was satisfied the way it was taught. The DLTP library is of great use for future projects. Thanks a lot for providing such a great course content which helped me to gain the basic knowledge on JavaScript. It was fun and interesting to solve "Try It!" section.

By Rayhaan P

Dec 3, 2015

Good course for getting started. JavaScript might be a bit confusing for new learners, but learning slowly and looking up stuff on the internet will surely help a lot (and I guess this was the intention of the course creators: to make learners look up stuff on the internet on themselves).

By Arunangshu B

Jan 9, 2021

Though I knew some little bit of java script i did not have any experience with canvas and hot to work with it but this 1st course gave me a good understanding about canvas and many small things i learnt which i did not have any idea. Thank you team for putting a such an awesome course .

By Theodora D

Jul 18, 2019

Great introduction course for beginners! The topics are interested and explored suitably for the foundational level of JS, HTML & CSS. In my opinion, this course helps young people to find out whether or not they enjoy programming, and if it would be a field of further thorough research.

By HPDG

Oct 23, 2016

The materials are great and easy to understand.In the videos,professors articulates the content well.I've learned basic JavaScript,CSS and HTML,which might help me in the future.I don't know when and where I will use it right now.But It has been an thrilling experience to gain knowledge.

By Nilesh I

Dec 17, 2017

Nice Course. The course teaches the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. The programming assignment projects help to implement the concepts from the video lectures. The projects involve creating simple webpages such as image processing using a blur filter etc. using SimpleImage library.

By Robert S

Feb 12, 2017

Well structured introduction to programming. By starting with HTML and a structured environment that takes most of the pain out of JavaScript but allows students to create real working applications, the approach makes you feel empowered and engaged while drilling through the basics.

By Muhammad U M

Jan 31, 2017

It is very interesting course with easy and comprehensive contents. It had short length videos which did not create boredom for me at all. I hope Coursera will improve it's stance more in the future. Thanks to Coursera team and teaching faculty. It is really adorable effort.

Regards

By bhavin n

Lot of programming in this course. Excellent Explanation of A particular code in Reading Material. Proper Links to code. Understandable Code. I found this Course challenging and it was interesting to solve problem statements. I learnt lot of new things and the course is Very Good.

By Frank C

Jul 14, 2021

This program teaches you how to solve problems wich is the most important skill for a programmer/developer, they teach about html, css and javascript but the main focus is problem solving algorithms, there are other courses more detailed about web dev but this one is pretty good.

By Brendan M

Jul 4, 2018

I think this course is a very good introduction and I can not wait to see what the rest of this specialization is like! I wrote a detailed review here at https://medium.com/@masseybr/duke-university-programming-foundations-with-javascript-html-and-css-course-review-4ecd1677fbf7.

By Antônio J T S

May 14, 2019

I am Brazilian. My English is intermediate and this is a course almost completely in English. This helped me a lot, I managed to learn many things and the interactive slides in the videos were very important for that to happen. Thank you for the opportunity and the scholarship.

By Suraj P

Feb 5, 2017

Thanks a lot for your front end design and image processing exercises. This course has provided me an extensible knowledge of an image processing with simple programming languages like HTML, CSS and JavaScript which I had never thought in my wildest dreams. Kudos to all of you.

By Utchchhwas S

May 6, 2020

It is my first course at Coursera. I liked how the course is structured. It introduced some of the core principles of programming and problem-solving. The instructors also have put on a lot of effort into explaining the lessons. The exercises are also a great way to practice.

By Rohith R K

Feb 18, 2017

I found this course to be interesting and fun. I would definitely recommend this course for beginners in programming as this course teaches you how to solve some real problems with the help of html, css and javascript. I enjoyed this course hope you will too. Happy Coding :)

By Shreyas A

Jul 11, 2020

Absolutly amazed! By opting this cource and as i was a beginner in this programming feild the instuctors where so clear about the topics and the exercises that were given to us was a great help .I thank you for making me more interesting in learning more and more languages.

By Lewis A J S

Dec 13, 2019

I really have enjoyed this course, if you'd told me 3 months ago that before the years up I would have learned the fundamentals of programming with JavaScript, HTML and CSS I would not have believed you, but thanks to Duke University and Coursera they've made it possible!!.

By Nitesh J

Nov 7, 2019

Thanks a lot Coursera for your financial aid and this awesome series regarding CSS, HTML AND JAVASCRIPT. Hope to Join a next series of course in coursera and I am very proud that I have submitted a project of a photo editor in my Semester Exam.

Thanks a lot for Your Support.