Back to Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS by Duke University

Learn foundational programming concepts (e.g., functions, for loops, conditional statements) and how to solve problems like a programmer. In addition, learn basic web development as you build web pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript. By the end of the course, will create a web page where others can upload their images and apply image filters that you create. After completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Think critically about how to solve a problem using programming; 2. Write JavaScript programs using functions, for loops, and conditional statements; 3. Use HTML to construct a web page with paragraphs, divs, images, links, and lists; 4. Add styles to a web page with CSS IDs and classes; and 5. Make a web page interactive with JavaScript commands like alert, onClick, onChange, adding input features like an image canvas, button, and slider....

AD
Jul 16, 2020

Excellent course .\n\nJust felt that there should be examples that could help someone to understand in a more better way.The videos were good and were very simple and easy to understand then the text.

JS
Jan 12, 2020

A very helpful code which allows you to learn the simple of JavaScript HTML and CSS. Very helpful in building websites and an excellent course for beginners or even people who have never coded before.

151 - 175 of 2,563 Reviews for Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS

By Richard G H

Dec 3, 2016

This course was an excellent introduction to programming concepts. I developed familiarity with html, css, and JS through the coding projects that accompany the excellent presentations by the Duke instructional team. Thanks for putting together such a great course!

By Siddharth G

May 2, 2020

This course is exceptionally good , especially for beginners . It helped me understand the very basics of web development and front end programming . It is really worth every single penny . I have learned a lot and really learned a lot from it during the pandemic.

By Aarya P

Jul 19, 2020

A nice course where you can learn the very basics of HTML,CSS and Javascript. You can learn to make very basic interactive pages where you can upload the images. Dont think you will be able to make those fancy webpages out there. However it helps you get started.

By Shay H J

Oct 29, 2020

I thought it was great! It is by no means easy, at least not if you do it right. But, I didn't come here for easy. I came here to learn. I have attempted to lean JavaScript through a few different mediums, and this was by far the best avenue I've found.

Thanks!

By Swaminathan J

Apr 7, 2020

Wonderful course! Initially I thought online courses are not effective. I have changed my mind after this course in coursera. Looking forward to do more courses. The teachers were simple and exceptional. The coursera platform and their objectives are top class.

By Lois K

Aug 4, 2018

What a great way to keep programming skills fresh and up to date. Very comprehensive and delivered in a manner that is easy to understand. I enjoyed this course and will take the remaining to complete the specialization. Great job Duke University and Coursera!

By Ben V D

Aug 26, 2020

I have started several programming courses in the past, but I didn't finish them. This one was great because it had a great amount of progressive exercises. This is what kept me going because the challenge was always within reach! Thanks for the great course.

By Nadim A

Dec 1, 2020

Although i already have some knowledge in web programming, i never thought i would be able to build a small piece of code that would result in an output that fun. The course has been very straightforward and easy to understand, and introduced new knowledge.

By Victor S

Jul 1, 2020

Really useful. I've learned a lot about HTML, CSS and JavaScript from zero. I had some experience on programming with other languages (such as C and C++) but I never tried to program with these and I found this course very complete. I would recommend it!

By CHESTER O F

Jan 2, 2018

This course is truly amazing. Thank you so much for teaching how to program. This is the beginning of my programming journey and I am now excited more than every to keep learning. I already started recommending this program to all my family and friends.

By Isra

Feb 10, 2017

This is a great course, it teaches you a way of thinking, the way of the programmer the way of the software engineer. Anyone who wants to learn programming or cs must take this course. Is one of the best decisions I've made. Thanks Coursera and Duke U!

By Muralidhara B

Jun 2, 2020

i loved the course. it has so good content and examples and practise questions that i nearly banged my head to solve them :) but they were very challenging and i learnt a lot from them. thank you duke university and coursera for providing this course.

By Ishmum M

Apr 28, 2020

Best course ever!! If anyone doesn't have any single knowledge about HTML, CSS, and javascript, I say that this is the course you should obviously take. The teachers were guiding us perfectly. Suitable for beginners who want to learn to design webpage

By Saumil S

Jun 6, 2020

Course Has Good Outcome , this course has good javascript , but not very basics , as i was a intermediate webdev , it was easy to me to achieve this course , this course has main focus on you logic , which is the main thing needed to be a programmer.

By Vikram S S

Mar 15, 2020

It was an awesome course i did and the content is also so useful to learn the programming foundation.

but sadly i want to say that there is to much use of already written code it will be more fun for learners to develop their own functions.Thank you!!

By Rechelle G

Feb 25, 2020

Great introductory course. The lecturers were very thorough and explained the concepts clearly. Would recommend this course not only to beginners but to those who are already quite experienced programmers as the fundamentals are covered quite nicely.

By Joseph P

Dec 20, 2017

This was a great, relatively simple introduction to programming concepts. HTML and CSS are very easy to learn. JavaScript is a great language to start with and the programming exercises and projects were fun and just the right amount of difficulty.

By Nidup D

Nov 28, 2019

My first time trying to learn programming, and I did indeed enjoy this course. Some of the concepts in Javascript were hard to understand, but somehow with time, I think I managed to get most of the concepts taught in this course. I'm proud of it!!

By Islam M M

Mar 17, 2017

A very smooth introduction to computer programming and computational thinking. The four instructors are top notch with excellent explanation skills. The courses exercises and the final project are very well designed. I highly recommend the course.

By Sanjeena B

Dec 1, 2019

I am extremely grateful to have this course as it provide me the clear knowledge about the syntax, features of JavaScript, HTML,CSS. Also, the method of teaching is so clear and understandable. Thank you Duke University for providing the course.

By JULIO D H S

Mar 4, 2021

Un saludo, el curso es totalmente bueno, los docentes tienen una gran manera de explicar, los textos son muy buenos los diferentes ejercicios que encuentras en ellos son excelentes y desarrollan las habilidades. continuo con los siguientes cursos

By Nikhil N

Jul 9, 2020

This course is absolutely just for laying the foundation of programming as the name suggests! They Professors have done a good job in delivering the concepts and ensured to keep the student engaged in the course with the help of great exercises!

By Guy M H

Oct 9, 2018

As a person who has not programmed for sometime I really enjoyed this course. The course material matched the assignments and tests very well. I would suggest this course to anyone who is interested in getting their programming feet wet again.

By Rhema K M

Jun 12, 2020

The presentation and the explanation given by the instructors were very detailed, easily understandable and beginner-friendly. I was able to do really interesting and time-taking projects through this course. I didn't expect to learn so much!

By B P K

Jul 29, 2019

It's a great Time doing this course.

Thanks to Coursera For giving a good learning topics and the lecturers are very good

in Explaining the topics.

I some stuck in some program but by revisiting the videos cleared my doubts.

Atlast Thank You. :)