Back to Everyday Excel, Part 2

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Excel, Part 2 by University of Colorado Boulder

"Everyday Excel, Part 2" is a continuation of the popular "Everyday Excel, Part 1". Building on concepts learned in the first course, you will continue to expand your knowledge of applications in Excel. This course is aimed at intermediate users, but even advanced users will pick up new skills and tools in Excel. By the end of this course, you will have the skills and tools to take on the project-based "Everyday Excel, Part 3 (Projects)". This course is the second part of a three-part series and Specialization that focuses on teaching introductory through very advanced techniques and tools in Excel. In this course (Part 2), you will: 1) learn advanced data management techniques; 2) learn how to implement financial calculations in Excel; 3) use advanced tools in Excel (Data Tables, Goal Seek, and Solver) to perform and solve "what-if" analyses; 4) learn how to create mathematical predictive regression models using the Regression tool in Excel. This course is meant to be fun and thought-provoking. I hope for you to at least several times in the course say to yourself, "Wow, I hadn't thought of that before!" Given the wide range in experience and abilities of learners, the goal of the course is to appeal to a wide audience. The course is organized into 5 Weeks (modules). To pass each module, you'll need to pass a mastery quiz and complete a problem solving assignment. This course is unique in that the weekly assignments are completed in-application (i.e., on your own computer in Excel), providing you with valuable hands-on training....

AK

Oct 04, 2020

sir charlie explains things very well , the assignments are good . the course was nice , hope to get more examples regarding business scenarios too.\n\nNice course

RW

Jul 16, 2020

Very well designed course. There are some very challenging assignments that really improved my understanding of excel. I'm looking forward to Part 3.

1 - 25 of 42 Reviews for Everyday Excel, Part 2

By Sreeharan B N

Jun 26, 2020

Excellent learning. Learnt lot of things. Thanks to the instructor. Only suggestion is to provide simple tasks at the end of each screen casts.

By John R E L

Oct 08, 2020

Very helpful and the Modules are easy to learn.

By Patricia S

Aug 18, 2020

Some assignments are TOUGH, and they really make you think outside of the box for the solutions. I recommend this if you really want to learn the mindset of how to "code" through Excel!

As an Industrial Engineering student, this course also reinforced some of the concepts I've been learning in my classes (financial applications, optimization, statistics, among others). If you're someone who's taking these classes, this course will SURELY help you, not only in learning the Excel side but also in understanding the concepts.

By Golab S

Aug 11, 2020

Thank you Charlie, I have learned so much about not only Excel & its functions, but also thanks to your detailed explanations I have a better understanding of a lot of financial & statistical terminology that I previously had no idea about, for example compound interest. I hope eventually to do Part 3 when it comes out, but in the meantime I am going to attempt the Visual Basic problem solving course

By Luis O V C

Jun 25, 2020

Que alegría aprender de esta manera. El curso agregó mucho valor a mi vida, y lo más importante, en vista a que soy docente, estoy seguro agregará mucho valor a mis estudiantes por cuanto pondré a disposición del proceso enseñanza - aprendizaje todo o gran parte de lo aprendido en este curso. Gracias infinitas a coursera y a mi docente Charlie Nuttelman

By Jorge T R

Jul 31, 2020

Charlie Nuttelman is the Excel guy. His explanations are great and clear. He makes you work to fully understand each function and how to apply it in a few cases. I sincerely hope he goes on developing this kind of courses. Thank you so much for this wonderful learning experience!

By Natalya R

Jul 28, 2020

This course supplies transparent information that helps to provide financial and data analysises as well as presents new facts about INDEX, OFFSET, MATCH functions and DATA VALIDATION to create vivid automatic tables. Thank Charlie Nuttelman for such a great work!

By M I F

Sep 14, 2020

It was a wonderful journey. Learned so many new functions and techniques that would definitely help me. The best part of the course were the assignments, which are fun to solve. I would highly recommend to take this course.

By Ashir K

Oct 04, 2020

Nice course

By Robert W

Jul 16, 2020

By Mario P

Jun 06, 2020

The learning experience is directly related to the challenge presented on course. Good content and quality assignments for all excel level users.

By Ms. S K A

Oct 08, 2020

This part of the training was little dificult as Stats are not used by me regularly. The stat concepts were also learned in this session

By WALDO F M

Jun 23, 2020

It is Very Clearly explained! very good examples and exercises! Also learn how to solve problems not only how to use the excel as a tool.

By Juan M T V

Jul 12, 2020

Really fun and complete, I learned so much even tho some assignments are challenging but it's totally worth it.

By Brenda G

Aug 15, 2020

Charlie is an AMAZING instructor - I learned a lot, and I wouldn't have if it weren't for his teaching style!

By Hadiuzzaman

Really very nice course. Too much challenging and especially instructor is too much responsive and helpful.

By Jacob D

Aug 26, 2020

Great class with very useful information and techniques that are directly applicable to real world use.

By أحمد م ف م س

May 12, 2020

Amazing and wonderful and you can enjoy with assignments and quizzes and the instructor Explain well!

By Tim W

Sep 19, 2020

Great set of classes so far. I learned a lot of new tricks an can't wait for Part 3.

By Maria C L G

Aug 22, 2020

Great course! Really usefull for everyone that has to even open an excel spreadsheet.

By Diego E

Oct 09, 2020

The course showed me my actual level in Excel. It was really entertaining too!

By Daniel F C H

Jul 18, 2020

The instructor is very professional and one can learn a lot from his lessons.

By Jenny B

Jul 07, 2020

Really useful, and well explained. Besides, I love the grading method.

By Rizaldo R H

Aug 16, 2020

this course really helped me to sharpen my problem solving skill

By rama_ca1@yahoo.co.in