Back to Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces around the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. Across the globe, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, completing this course will position you ahead of others, so keep reading. In this last course of our Specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the first three courses: Essentials, Intermediate I + II. In the Advanced course, we will prepare you to become a power user of Excel - this is your last step before specializing at a professional level. The topics we have prepared will challenge you as you learn how to use advanced formula techniques and sophisticated lookups. You will clean and prepare data for analysis, and learn how to work with dates and financial functions. An in-depth look at spreadsheet design and documentation will prepare you for our big finale, where you will learn how to build professional dashboards in Excel....

JR
Sep 22, 2020

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course, as well as all the courses in the Specialization. The instructors do an excellent job of breaking down each subject in an easy to understand logical progression.

SR

Thank you for everything. The course is amazing! It really improved my skills, and actually I've made some great analysis at work thanks to this, so it's more than useful.\n\nThank you once again.

26 - 50 of 1,031 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

By Kimberly M

Dec 13, 2018

The course is good except week 3. The videos do not do a sufficient job at explaining how to successfully complete the assessments. I worked on it for 3 straight weeks to no avail.

By Stefan S

Apr 28, 2020

It is ridiculous hard and leads to ultimate frustration and the wasting of time. I took the excel specialisation beginning from course 1 and had brilliant experiences with it. I am sure that I was able to take something away going through practice challenges and alike. For the advanced segment, however, I really had a hard time going through all of this because it just gets incredibly difficult and students are not encouraged to practice enough, I feel. This then results in not being able to solve the quizzes at the end. I had to look up most of the results using the discussion board and feel that I have not learnt much over the past days, sadly.

By JIAJIA Z

Mar 15, 2019

the assignments are far more difficult than what we have learned

By Varun G

Feb 28, 2020

Pivot tables and macros were not covered in this course despite being alluded to in the course description.

By Atisheya M

Jun 24, 2020

I have completed the “Excel Skill for Business” specialization by Macquarie University after 90+ hours of resilient learning and growth. After completing this specialization, I can confidently say that I have gained deep insights into one of the most powerful spreadsheets and analytics tools i.e. Microsoft excel. The Specialization entails of four courses which covers all the concepts of Excel (Basics to Advanced). I would like to thank Nicky Bull, Prashan Karunaratne and coursera for providing me such a wholesome experience.

By vanessa o

Apr 22, 2020

Assessments for week 4 and 5 were significantly harder than the rest, and more guidance could have been given for those questions.

By Pranav B

Jul 31, 2020

The final assessment tests were way more difficult than what was taught in the video lessons. and for someone who is going to start learning excel won't be able to complete the specialization because of the difficulty level of the advanced course's final weekly assessment.

Please, either reduce the difficulty level of the weekly assessment in the advanced course or include such cases/problems in the video lessons.

Rest the experience was great. A lot to learn.

By Gokul N S

Sep 27, 2020

I have completed Basic, Intermediate I and II in a week time each but this final course took more than a month. Only for this course, I had used discussion forums. This final course needs a lot of restructuring to make it understandable like the other 3 courses. There are many complex functions but it was taught in very carefree manner.

By Elina D

Apr 30, 2020

Advanced was a waste of time, money and patience. The other courses (Int 1 - Int 2) were very helpful and I've learnt a lot, but this one was so frustrating! Bad explanations, lack of feedback, gimmicky tasks. I'm happy it's finally over. Hope they fix it for the next students, as it's mandatory to complete the specialization.

By Daniel F C

Jul 31, 2020

Disappointed. After having greatly enjoyed the other three courses. This is irregular in its content, there are very useful things and others that I think are totally expendable and extremely complex. It is not impossible to do, much less, but the effort / results ratio makes it very tedious.

By Carely G

Dec 31, 2020

There are way too many people in need of help, and no one is getting it from the Staff. Problems with the workbooks, most of the practice quizzes and challenges mentioned in the beginning of the course are nowhere to be found, and countless other issues. This is unfair to those who have paid and will pay for this Specialization. If no one is willing to fix these problems, the least you could do is make this a free course or just take it off your site. I'm beyond disappointed and unsure I ever want to use Coursera again because this made me feel like you're just doing it for the money instead of helping us learn.

That being said, if you see this and are considering paying for this Course, don't bother. You won't get the help needed.

By Prashant B

Oct 7, 2020

The final course in this specialisation (Advanced) was not at all well planned or structured. Having completed the previous three courses in the specialisation, I was expecting the Advanced course to build on what was taught, however, it turned out to be very vague and not clear at all. The quizzes assume a lot more than what is taught in the course. It was a big disappointment.

By Timothy O

Jun 25, 2020

This course was not well fitted. It felt like rushed

By QUANYI Z

May 13, 2020

I am so vegetable.

By Daniel R N

Sep 30, 2018

Awful

By Pradip D

Dec 17, 2019

I learnt a great deal of things in excel and really didn't know that with excel I can accomplish such feats despite being an everyday MS excel user for many years. I learned so many tools that it will make my job easier, In fact many times easier. The course immediately helped me to clean my project's two year's data and organize it in desirable format so that we can do better analysis. I really liked the use of all the lookup function, (index, match, offset, vlookup, indirect etc and many other useful functions like clean, trim, substitute, left, mid, proper, countifs etc. etc. I can't list them all here. And also from the top of my mind I want to mention about the dashboard. That is an excellent dashboard one can create with MS Excel. I will really be able to flaunt my skills now.

I am really very thankful to all the team members who are responsible to create this course and bring it to me through this platform and also to Prashan and Nikki. Their discussion and introduction part helped me to prepare my mind and expectation list before starting the week. It seems I would really miss them now!

Furthermore, and importantly I would like to thank Coursera for making this course available through this platform and my Grantor who has provided me the grant to complete this amazing course. I really don't know the name of the Grantor but am very thankful to you.

By GOH L H

Jul 17, 2020

I am currently enrolled in a number of online courses here on Coursera, and I am reviewing this from personal experience that this entire series of courses under the specialization thus far is NOTHING LESS THAN AMAZING. The amount of such great quality courses here on Coursera is probably just 5-10%, and they definitely fall into this category.

1. Entire course is very well organised and structured. All workbooks are well-named, ordered, and progressively provided to complement the progress in lecture videos. All these makes it easy to follow along the lessons.

2. The content in every week are well-paced. The amount of content taught in every week are manageable and sufficient. All topics and functions are well-covered, not just briefly mentioned or briefly demonstrated (which happens very often in other courses).

3. All assessments are very well thought out and well organised. Practice Quizzes after the lecture videos allow learners to gain a better understanding, rather than learning based on the videos alone. Practice Challenges and Graded Quizzes towards the end of every week further enhances learning and mastery even further.

The course itself practices what the instructor always repeats: "Practice makes permanent". Personally benefited tremendously from this great course!

Keep it up Macquarie, Prashan & Nicky!

By Aboubacar K

Sep 14, 2020

I have successfully completed the "Excel Skills for Business Specialization offered by a talented team at Macquarie University after more than 80 hours of learning and growth. The journey was tougher as I progressed from essentials to Advanced Skills. Now, I feel empowered to use Excel to do any analysis for professional or personal work. My deepest thanks to the teaching team (Nicky Bull and Prashan), the University for providing such comprehensive training, and my fellow learners with active discussion forums, I learned a lot of skills from them. All this will not be possible without a great platform. Coursera offers technology and digital platform for future learners just like me. Post Covid-19 will push a lot of learners to join the experience. I am confidently recommending the experience to anyone ready to learn new skills in a fun way!

By REALINO P

Jul 14, 2020

Dear Prof. Nicky Bull, Dr. Prashan Karunaratne, and Prof. Yvonne Breyer,

Thank you so much for creating this specialization. This made me even for confident in using Microsoft Excel and consequently more effective and efficient in my job. There were lots of "AHA" moments during the course as I initially though that my knowledge in excel was enough but it turned out that I was only looking at the basics all these years.

Cheers to helping more students and professionals alike to be productive and efficient in their role in the organization by being an advance learner of excel through this course.

Regards,

REAL PRADO, MECHANICAL ENGINEER, PHILIPPINES

By Amit S

Oct 2, 2018

This course is ideal for learners who have intermediate skills (if not I suggest taking intermediate I & II courses, which are part of this specialization) in excel.The course covers spreadsheet design,documentation, data cleaning tools, advanced lookup functions like address,offset etc. The team of instructors is awesome. Doubts are solved within 24-48 hours by either the instructors or the peers in discussion forum.The discussion forum is a fine place to get help and help others as well. There's nothing you can't achieve, just try by yourself first and if problem still persists you have the discussion forum for you. All the best!

By Heike S

Apr 8, 2019

The course was exactly what I wanted. Very well-explained and clear. Also fun, and I learnt a lot of information which will be really useful.

The structure, the order in which material is given, the difficulty of the course are very thought over. And the most important, I feel that the course is very effective. I really enjoyed all the quizzes and assignments of the course.

The creation of a dashboard was a lot of fun and brings me many benefits in the company.

BUT ... this part of the specialization was a challenge. And I was happy when I did it. Giving up was not an option.

By Vanessa C U M

Oct 2, 2020

EXCELLENT !!! I am amazed of all the WONDERFUL things I just learned with this course. I have made many courses, but this, is actually the greatest course ever, REALLY!! I have studies everything from finance to marketing, but I think this is a course that EVERYBODY should do. You will never dare to imagine all the amazing things excel has, and how efficient your job will be from now on. Excel is used in every company, I think this course would change your life. Super recommended. 100% Btw teachers are very good too. Thank you for everything. Amazing course!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT.

By Dr_G@ur

Jan 16, 2021

Just wow! Best course on MS Excel not just on Coursera, but on all the E-learning platforms. I never imagined one can teach how to use a software without sucking the life out of the learner. 20 on 10 for the efforts the team made while designing this course. No matter what part of the course it is (videos, practice exercises or quizzes), you will always be engaged and that surely would help in better assimilation of concepts.

Didn't know till now that Excel really has so many features to facilitate working with large chunk of data. Loved it!

By Cynthia D

Nov 12, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. The lessons were explained beautifully and very clearly in the videos. I learned many new things on using MS Excel - functions, formula (that I've seen before but don't know what they actually do), ways to check errors, all three what-if analysis tools, how to use combo box and slider. The weekly assessments are also enjoyable and challenging, sometimes I'm proud when I get the formula right, sometimes I'm frustrated when I answered wrong and later on learned that the formula is so short and simple.

By Ander D A

Apr 2, 2019

Great course to enhance your knowledge in Excel. I can only but recommend it, it went beyond my expectations, and boasts many features that online courses should have: Entertaining, modular so it's easy to follow, well made, high quality videos, full of examples, with active discussion forums... I went through all the Excel Skills for Business specialization and I have been delighted with the quality of the contents. I would also like to take advantage of this review to congratulate the teachers for a well-made job. Keep it up!