Back to Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced by Macquarie University

Spreadsheet software remains one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces around the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. Across the globe, millions of job advertisements requiring Excel skills are posted every day. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, completing this course will position you ahead of others, so keep reading. In this last course of our Specialization Excel Skills for Business you will build on the strong foundations of the first three courses: Essentials, Intermediate I + II. In the Advanced course, we will prepare you to become a power user of Excel - this is your last step before specializing at a professional level. The topics we have prepared will challenge you as you learn how to use advanced formula techniques and sophisticated lookups. You will clean and prepare data for analysis, and learn how to work with dates and financial functions. An in-depth look at spreadsheet design and documentation will prepare you for our big finale, where you will learn how to build professional dashboards in Excel....

JR
Sep 22, 2020

I have thoroughly enjoyed this course, as well as all the courses in the Specialization. The instructors do an excellent job of breaking down each subject in an easy to understand logical progression.

D
Apr 15, 2021

I enjoyed this course so much. I learned a lot about how I can become a better learner. This course was very interesting and useful. I have some tools that I can use to optimize my learning potential.

51 - 75 of 1,037 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Advanced

By Ander D A

Apr 2, 2019

Great course to enhance your knowledge in Excel. I can only but recommend it, it went beyond my expectations, and boasts many features that online courses should have: Entertaining, modular so it's easy to follow, well made, high quality videos, full of examples, with active discussion forums... I went through all the Excel Skills for Business specialization and I have been delighted with the quality of the contents. I would also like to take advantage of this review to congratulate the teachers for a well-made job. Keep it up!

By Herman A M R

Mar 25, 2021

Es un curso muy bien diseñado y desarrollado, con CALIDAD. Desde el contenido, la calidad de los instructores, y los materiales de aprendizaje, que hacen que el aprendiz se sienta motivado para seguir aprendiendo con más interés, en cada módulo de aprendizaje. El proceso de evaluación, de cada semana, muy bien elaborado, otorgándole al estudiante, la posibilidad de mejorar su calificación. Y todo en su conjunto, logran que el alumno se sienta satisfecho, por lo aprendido.

Es un curso muy recomendable. F E L I C I D A D E S!!

By Rodolfo P L

Jul 29, 2020

After taking some courses on Excel, I can say that this specialization covers every subject one needs to know to excel at work using Excel. I recommend taking all the courses in the specialization because at some point you will need to use tools/tips/functions/etc. from previous courses to complete the final assignments. Also, do not skip the weekly practice challenges since they are very useful to put in practice everything reviewed during the week from another perspective.Thanks for creating this specialization.

By Teyash A

Mar 4, 2021

What an amazing course! I managed to learn the skills at a rapid rate given my 6 years of Excel experience and using it extensively in the Engineering industry but now I feel more confident to do business related work. An excellent course which I must say I am very proud to be a part and a huge thank you goes to those at Macquarie University for making it so awesome! Sincerest thanks towards Coursera too for being the platform that allowed for skills such as these to be learnt in such an organized manner.

By Asish B

Oct 24, 2020

when i sign up for coursera,this course that i have been first enrolled.I have many courses enrolled.But this course i think most probably the best course in coursera platform.All the assignment,quizzes and videos ,notes and all the things are nicely organized..I have a Youtube Channel where i upload new video.This channel name is keypoints link is:-

.You can watch here how i solve this quizzes and final assignment.you can find solution.have a look in this channel.Thank You.

By PRAMOD R

Feb 4, 2020

This course has made learning excel functions very interesting backed with very good explanations with examples and loads of practice sessions to understand the concepts. It has certainly made me more confident in developing syntax in a logical way , which I was grappling with all this while. I am sure with regular practice and application of functions from this course I will be able to handle the data in more effective and efficient manner and explore the other functions confidently.

By KOWCIKA M

Jan 17, 2021

I chose this course as Excel is a versatile program with varied applications in so many different fields. It is hard to think of a business that does not rely on Excel. Mastering excel can be an invaluable professional skill.

I benefited learning advanced functions and data structures form this carefully tailored course.

The instructors did a great job at keeping the participants engaged throughout.

I must also appreciate the convenience and flexibility of learning on Coursera.

By Isabel R R

Nov 25, 2019

An excellent course!

Although I had difficulties in some parts (I am a Spanish student, so I have an ES version of this software and it doesn't help too much...), I would like to congratulate the teachers for all their hard work preparing this amazing content :) I have learned a lot and I am actually applying all this knowledge at work.

I feel that, maybe, these courses have been the most complete and well-prepared I have ever taken, and I have done a lot.

Thank you very much!!

By Jose L G H

May 19, 2018

Nice Course! The assessments are quite challenging (specially week 5). Sometimes I have been stuck for hours in one single question, and felt like some problems did not match entirely the lessons in the videos. However, reviewing the lessons in the videos helps a lot to understand the concepts you are dealing with. Thanks to these assessments I have practice a lot and built solid skills in Excel. Thanks to the teaching staff for putting out such an outstanding content!

By DEVARAKONDA A R

Aug 27, 2020

I really love this course. They teach us from very basics to nurture our knowledge and building basic concepts is very important to become a pro. Thank you for helping me out in this course of excel and I wish I could use all these in my work. This is the real pro course which tested me throughout the assignments. But the instructors are really great for making us learn without getting bored. really great and amazing learning from them.love you all from India!

By Rasim Ö

Nov 2, 2020

I have completed the whole specialization with this advanced course. I can say that this advanced course is being adjusted to the difficulty level very well. I definitely recommend this course to anyone who wants to upgrade their knowledge in excel. Last but not least, the course does not only teach you but also makes you dig deeper for the other features and things that exist in excel. Thank you very much for these courses. I have learned a lot from youé

By Jill F A

Feb 15, 2021

I really thought this was an exceptional course! It is very well organized and presented. The hands-on learning was great. The quizzes, assessments, and practice challanges all do an excellent job at both reinforcing what's been taught, but also pushing a bit further to get you to explore. It's rare that tests actually help you learn more, but these really do.

My only complaint is that there are no instructors or monitors on the disucssion forums.

By Asif-Uz-Zaman K S

Oct 10, 2020

A great course! Really enjoyed the journey through this course. Don't have any words to thank Dr. Prashan and Ms. Nikki. This course and specialization will definately be a huge leap to my career. Highly recommend this specialization to everyone and I loved the way how Dr. Prashan motivated. Sometimes I got distracted from the course. Dr. Prashan's motivations and wrap up speeches helped me much to complete the course. Dr. Prashan for President!!

By Deep S

Jun 13, 2020

This is indeed one of the best online course ever taken by me. The conceptual clarity provided by the teachers is amazing. A big thanks to Mam Yvonne Breyer, Mam Nicky Bull and Sir Prashan Karunaratne for their excellent teaching. I feel everyone must surely opt for this specialization because it will uplift your Excel skills by an enormous amount. The syllabus is great and correctly adds on to the intermediate courses. "Practice makes permanent"

By Miroslav H

Apr 28, 2020

I have only the best words regarding this whole specialization. Wonderful teachers, very interesting presentation and topics. It was exciting to go through this course and gained knowledge is very useful. Best specialization on Coursera for me so far. Advice, go from Essentials course through Advanced course in this specialization in sequential order. There are many things to learn in each course no matter what your previous Excel knowledge is.

By Laura R

Mar 25, 2019

As the final course of the specialization, this course refines the concepts taught in the previous courses (advanced formula techniques & lookup functions) as well as illustrates new useful functions and techniques when dealing with data (spreadsheet design, data cleaning). The cherry on top is how to design and create professional dashboards. As the previous courses, it is well-structured and concepts are explained clearly. Highly recommended.

By Ilango R

Nov 25, 2019

The Advanced Course in Excel Skills for Business taught me new skills in applying financial functions, dash board creation for business model which are very important for conducting any business or presenting data which is dynamic in nature. Quite useful tool either to be used in day-to-day life or in work place. Prashan and Nicky were very good in explaining the functions, especially Prashan seems reading the students' mind while teaching.

By Moses O O

Apr 10, 2020

This course is truly the pinnacle of the whole course specialization. It brings together all the skills learnt so far in previous specializations. It also affords the learner to learn about basic financial concepts and excel functions that help to derive some of these financial values that companies and individuals use frequently. The highlight of the course for me was the dashboard creation especially learning how to do a gauge chart.

By Iain S

Apr 15, 2019

I have been using Excel in my work for at least half a decade now and this course still had some really interesting things to teach me. The best part is the way in which you are taught to use Excel in a professional way, so that you can share your work with other people within and outside the business. They don't skimp on teaching good presentation skills, and there is enough challenge for anyone interested in working with Excel here.

By JUAN D C R

Sep 8, 2020

Great course! I started from the Essentials one and it really helped me for the other ones even though I was already a self-taught user. I widely recommend it to be amazed by all the tools Excel offers. Now I'm looking forward to apply all the things I learned, but most importantly, to use it to solve problems at work. And of course I'll continue learning more and more about what else Excel has to offer in a more specialized level.

By Charmin I

Mar 2, 2021

Taking this course is a plus for me because give me the skills and knowledge i needed to be better equipped at my job. I had 25% knowledge of excel when i started this course but today after completion i am now at 100%. Thanks to all the trainers and mentors who provided us with all that we needed to complete this course. Once again a big thank you, and kooking foward for more courses with you guys it was a pleasure.

Thank you!!!

By Sukhdev D

Jul 7, 2020

An amazing course and an amazing specialization. I have around 25 years of Excel experience - i am mainly self taught and have been on a few courses and read various books but this specialization is by far the best and most comprehensive. I have gained skills and knowledge here which i have been able to immediately apply to my work in banking. Thank you so much to the course team for putting together such an excellent course.

By Gabriel A F G

Aug 2, 2020

This course and all the specialization were excellent. However, the first three courses of the specialization can be carried out without much business knowledge, because the teachers teach Excel tools that can be applied regardless of the data used. But, this last course requires knowing about some topics related to finance. If finance is not your area, you will surely need extra time to research and understand some terms.

By Augusto S D M

May 19, 2019

I am very happy with these courses (Excel Specialization). The professors at Macquarie University are excellent. I highly recommend to all those that are Excel users to take these classes. Does not matter if you are an advanced user because for sure you will learn a lot of things that you never imagine that existed. Thank you so much and please, keep going. I am ready to take more courses from this great university.

By Munshi A M

Sep 30, 2020

This was an amazing journey with Mr. Prashan and Ms. Nikki. They are just amazing and fantastic course tutor. I like them a lot. Their presentation and course design was really amazed me. It was one of the most value addition courses. I recommend every business graduates to take this course and complete this course with patience. This surely will change your work style and workload.

Thank you very much again.