Back to Experimentation for Improvement

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Experimentation for Improvement by McMaster University

We are always using experiments to improve our lives, our community, and our work. Are you doing it efficiently? Or are you (incorrectly) changing one thing at a time and hoping for the best? In this course, you will learn how to plan efficient experiments - testing with many variables. Our goal is to find the best results using only a few experiments. A key part of the course is how to optimize a system. We use simple tools: starting with fast calculations by hand, then we show how to use FREE software. The course comes with slides, transcripts of all lectures, subtitles (English, Spanish and Portuguese; some Chinese and French), videos, audio files, source code, and a free textbook. You get to keep all of it, all freely downloadable. This course is for anyone working in a company, or wanting to make changes to their life, their community, their neighbourhood. You don't need to be a statistician or scientist! There's something for everyone in here. ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ Over 1000 people have completed this online course. What have prior students said about this course? "This definitely is one of the most fruitful courses I have participated at Coursera, considering the takeaways and implementations! And so far I finished 12 [courses]." "Excelente curso, flexible y con suficiente material didáctico fácilmente digerible y cómodo. No importa si se tiene pocas bases matemáticas o estadísticas, el curso proporciona casi toda explicación necesaria para un entendimiento alto." "I wish I had enrolled in your course years ago -- it would have saved us a lot of time in optimizing experimental conditions." Jason Eriksen, 3 Jan 2017 "Interesting and developing both analytical and creative thinking. The lecturer took care to bring lots of real live examples which are fun to analyze." 20 February 2016. "... love your style of presentation, and the examples you took from everyday life to explain things. It is very difficult to make such a mathematical course accessible and comprehensible to this wide a variety of people!" ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯...

EB

Feb 19, 2018

Very good course,and an excellent instructor. Thank you very much Professor Kevin Dunn.\n\nI enjoyed your course, and I really appreciate the time and effort you put into those lessons

AC

Feb 19, 2018

Fantastic .. as i am studying to gain the black belt in Six Sigma training, I was stuck on the design of experiment, but with this course I solved it !!!!\n\nHtank you very much

76 - 100 of 140 Reviews for Experimentation for Improvement

By John Y

Feb 28, 2016

Grounded in real world use. Prepares the student for immediate application of the concepts taught.

By mohammad z r

Mar 25, 2017

Thank you for your fantastic presentations. This material helped so much in my education and may be I'll use it in my work.

By Alexandre M

Jan 13, 2017

Great course! A very useful one.

By Damian B

Oct 26, 2015

Excellent course! Thank you for providing it!

By John K

Sep 26, 2015

Very good!

By Saira B G

Aug 20, 2016

It was the first I joined and it was excellent.

By Héctor G M M

Nov 16, 2015

Takes you by the hand, even if you have little or no background to the course elements, in order for you to learn what may have otherwise been a fairly challenging topic. Certainly recommended!

By Alamin B

Aug 19, 2015

Experimentation for process improvement is an excellent course and it will make a better and wiser experimenter. My background is in healthcare field and medicine and after taking this course it help to critically appraise and read article related to research in medicine. This is my first verified certificate course and i always revisit the materials whenever i need them. This is a must attend course and you would enjoy it as i have enjoyed it.

By Winston J G Z

Jun 15, 2016

Excellent!

By Chuck H

Jan 12, 2018

Amazing course. This is probably the only comprehensive DOE course on the internet right now. The course is not mathy at all, and makes a complex concept really simple. Really great instructor, great set of lectures, good quizzes.

By John D C

Apr 25, 2016

Excellent and useful!

By Ting-Hsiang W

Mar 05, 2018

I use this course to improve my work by designing experiment more efficiently. Thank for having such a nice course.

By Heriberto F J

Oct 23, 2015

Este es un excelente curso, explica los conceptos de experimentación de una forma clara, practica y entendible para cualquier estudiante.

By Anna S

Feb 20, 2016

Interesting and developing both analytical and creative thinking. The lecturer took care to bring lots of real live examples which are fun to analyze. Participating in this course is a real pleasure and a great fun.

By farrukh j

Feb 09, 2016

great course. highly organized and well presented. additional resources are very useful. thanks.

By Ruben A M

Sep 10, 2015

I've been providing a lot of great insight in my daily job activities because of what I am learning in this course.

By Ioannis N

Aug 21, 2015

Great lesson, congratulations to the Professor

By JOHN Q

May 09, 2018

excellent

By 张博风

Dec 20, 2016

It is useful and help me arrange my experiment

By Fausto M

Jun 09, 2018

This course teaches, in a practical and useful way, how an experiment should be made. Beginning with very basic concepts and finishing with a practical case which improves the process, getting the best benefit (our outcome).

By Nívea G B A

Apr 25, 2017

Wonderful course!

By Nguyen T M H

Oct 13, 2016

Thanks

By S N A

May 21, 2018

It's been wonderful interaction with newest methods and also useful for the research scholars for improving their experiments.