Back to Experimentation for Improvement

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Experimentation for Improvement by McMaster University

We are always using experiments to improve our lives, our community, and our work. Are you doing it efficiently? Or are you (incorrectly) changing one thing at a time and hoping for the best? In this course, you will learn how to plan efficient experiments - testing with many variables. Our goal is to find the best results using only a few experiments. A key part of the course is how to optimize a system. We use simple tools: starting with fast calculations by hand, then we show how to use FREE software. The course comes with slides, transcripts of all lectures, subtitles (English, Spanish and Portuguese; some Chinese and French), videos, audio files, source code, and a free textbook. You get to keep all of it, all freely downloadable. This course is for anyone working in a company, or wanting to make changes to their life, their community, their neighbourhood. You don't need to be a statistician or scientist! There's something for everyone in here. ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ Over 1000 people have completed this online course. What have prior students said about this course? "This definitely is one of the most fruitful courses I have participated at Coursera, considering the takeaways and implementations! And so far I finished 12 [courses]." "Excelente curso, flexible y con suficiente material didáctico fácilmente digerible y cómodo. No importa si se tiene pocas bases matemáticas o estadísticas, el curso proporciona casi toda explicación necesaria para un entendimiento alto." "I wish I had enrolled in your course years ago -- it would have saved us a lot of time in optimizing experimental conditions." Jason Eriksen, 3 Jan 2017 "Interesting and developing both analytical and creative thinking. The lecturer took care to bring lots of real live examples which are fun to analyze." 20 February 2016. "... love your style of presentation, and the examples you took from everyday life to explain things. It is very difficult to make such a mathematical course accessible and comprehensible to this wide a variety of people!" ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯...

EB

Feb 19, 2018

Very good course,and an excellent instructor. Thank you very much Professor Kevin Dunn.\n\nI enjoyed your course, and I really appreciate the time and effort you put into those lessons

AC

Feb 19, 2018

Fantastic .. as i am studying to gain the black belt in Six Sigma training, I was stuck on the design of experiment, but with this course I solved it !!!!\n\nHtank you very much

26 - 50 of 137 Reviews for Experimentation for Improvement

By 郭晓波

Mar 04, 2016

Simply to understand. Useful for my work.

By Nancy A F A

Jun 15, 2017

best way to know how to improve our projects

By Toby B

Oct 25, 2017

A very useful course if you want to be useful yourself.

By Francisco P

Aug 18, 2017

One of the best approaches to introduce into real life experimentation for optimizing process

By Thomas J H

Aug 07, 2017

One of the best courses I've taken anywhere -- from college to grad school to Coursera and elsewhere. Exceptional work, Kevin!

By Vilmantas G

Oct 09, 2015

This course is worth learning.

I like this course as It is really applicable, very well prepared, the ideas are presented in a clear way. I would definitely choose this course again (and recommend to my friends), despite the fact that I had to spend really a lot more time, than on other coursera courses, i.e. ~3-6 hours studying the material.

By Oscar B R

Feb 10, 2016

Very interesting course for those who want to discover the worl of the experimental design. I recommend it!

By Anas E S

Jun 05, 2018

This is a really interesting course. The reason that I like it the most is that it begins with basics and gradually builds on the concepts.

By BRYAN A I C

Jan 10, 2017

Me sirvio de mucho para la realizacion de diseños experimentales, buen curso

By Miguel A M M

Dec 30, 2015

Very understandable and clear for everyone

By LANY S A Y

Jun 06, 2017

Excelente , muy útil y didáctico

By Balamurugan G

Jun 10, 2018

super

By Kudzayi M

Feb 11, 2018

Course is well planned, the lectures are clear and no steps are skipped during explanation. A good and fair challenge. I have definitely grown in knowledge and confidence in regards to design of experiments, I do recommend purchasing the certificate as this course is more than worth it, all be it for a free! Thank you Kevin!

By Arnab C

Jun 14, 2017

Very useful and implementable course. Highly recommended for students and professionals alike who are in the business of developing new product and processes.

By Stefan H

May 19, 2017

Really well done

By ly m l

Oct 26, 2016

Okie

By Josue R F G

Apr 28, 2018

it's a great course, easy to understand even if you don't have and engineering background.

By Claudio M

Jun 25, 2017

Great course, and very easy to follow

By Juan F N A

Jan 30, 2017

The content of the course it's excellent

By Laura A

Apr 26, 2017

Great examples and lectures. Really clear

By VISHAL G

Aug 13, 2017

Really like the course. It helps us increase the basics behind the actual application of experimentation.

Highly recommended

May 17, 2017

Muy bueno

By Anirudh V K

Apr 05, 2018

This is an amazing course for beginners who want to learn how to perform experiments in a controlled manner and then analyze each output from the experiment. I'd recommend this to my friends and colleagues.

By Juan D L R

Jun 10, 2018

This course is so good, it's helped me so much with my research. I highly recommend it!