Back to Introduction to Faecal Sludge Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Faecal Sludge Management by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Do you want learn how to apply concepts of sustainable faecal sludge management (FSM) on a city-wide scale? This course starts with an overview of what faecal sludge is and an introduces you to the engineering fundamentals and required information for the design and selection of technologies. Sanitation solutions are prone to failure if an integrated planning approach that includes stakeholder involvement and the development of appropriate institutional, management and financial arrangements is not implemented. The course therefore dedicates a complete week to presenting the full picture, in addition to technology, that needs to be considered for sustainable solutions. It concludes with a focus on current research and innovations in technologies, to provide an understanding of the most up-to-date options. This course is one of four in the series “Sanitation, Water and Solid Waste for Development"....

BD

Jun 11, 2018

It was an excellent learning opportunity with a new challenging field of research. I am keen to register more subjects in the future in related subjects under your mentoring. RegardsDr. Bhaskar Das

TS

Jun 09, 2017

Highly recommended course for anyone who wants to learn about the basics of Faecal Sludge Management. I thank the instructors and the entire team for a thorough coverage of topics in FSM.

1 - 25 of 65 Reviews for Introduction to Faecal Sludge Management

By Carlos P A

Jun 04, 2017

Muy interesante, ameno y útil para personas con interés el campo del agua, el saneamiento y la higiene.

By Juan F d L I

Jun 03, 2017

Es un curso que te proporciona una amplia perspectiva acerca de la situación actual del manejo de lodos fecales, sus tecnologías y enfoques

By shweta

Jan 09, 2019

this course is very useful in WATER SANITATION HYGIENE sector.

it helped me in understanding very new concepts related to FSM.

thank you .coursera and EWAG team.

By Md.Tawhidur R

Dec 26, 2018

Very informative & up to date global practices are included in this course. I would like to suggest this course for engineering students, professional engineers,environmental experts and development professionals.

By

Dec 17, 2018

Excellent course covering all aspects

By Pankaj A S

Dec 06, 2018

Excellent Course

By KIMBERLY K

Sep 22, 2018

This was a great refresher for me, AND I gleaned new and affirming information.

By Akash

Jun 29, 2018

A great learning course with relevant published results

By Gujjuru M B

Aug 17, 2018

This MOOC is very good. I had learnt many concepts of FSM. I am looking forward to use some of the concepts in my research work.

By Nikos K

Oct 24, 2017

GREAT!!!

By Carolina J

Sep 11, 2017

Excelente curso

By Alvern T

Sep 04, 2017

Extremely beneficial as I've started working as a Chemist in a Sewage Treatment Plant. It gave me a good overview of a related technology and allowed me to give a glimpse of the importance of resource recovery, public health prioritization, and environmental impact of waste items.

By ALVARO M V

Aug 11, 2017

very interesting and enjoyable view of the topic

By Christopher F

Jul 18, 2017

I really liked this course! I think Linda Strande and her team have done a great job at presenting the most up to date knowledge about faecal sludge management.

I can only recommend everyone interested to participate in this course!

By Luciana S d R

Jul 17, 2017

Excellent

By Franco E

Jul 12, 2017

Un excelente curso

By Frantz J

May 09, 2017

Je suis vraiment fier de votre travail, ceci contribue grandement a l'echelle mondiale la protection et la prevention des maladies qui issues directement des boues de vidanges. A ce point, une fois que acteur respect son niveau de fonctionnent dans la societe nous aurions un climat sein et nos proches auront un vie seine.!!!!

By thetlwinoo

Jul 09, 2017

good

By Kathy J C

Jul 08, 2017

curso muy útil y resumen muy bien el temario

By Alison W

Jun 22, 2017

This course provides an excellent introduction to FSM, including information on innovative technologies and advantages/challenges of current technologies in the sector. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in the different management options available.

By Vienna D

Jun 18, 2017

Excellent course with lots of information, images and videos, keep me not sleepy..:))

By Abdoulaye F

Jun 13, 2017

Ce cours est très intéressant. J'ai de nouvelles choses et clarifié les conceps lus ça et là. Félicitations aux tuteurs et contributeurs.

By SUNEEL P

Jun 13, 2017

This course gives an excellent overview of faecal sludge management issues. I work with UNDP India office on housing and sanitation issues. The course gave me sufficient information regarding the basics of the topic.I would especially like to appreciate the excellent reading material suggested through the course.

By BALAJI A V

tY

By Shaji R

Jun 12, 2017

Enjoyed the course. I met Dr. Linda Strande, during the FSM 4 in Chennai and was influenced by her practical approach. Would recommend the course to my friends in the field of FSM