Back to Introduction to Faecal Sludge Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Faecal Sludge Management by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

Do you want learn how to apply concepts of sustainable faecal sludge management (FSM) on a city-wide scale? This course starts with an overview of what faecal sludge is and an introduces you to the engineering fundamentals and required information for the design and selection of technologies. Sanitation solutions are prone to failure if an integrated planning approach that includes stakeholder involvement and the development of appropriate institutional, management and financial arrangements is not implemented. The course therefore dedicates a complete week to presenting the full picture, in addition to technology, that needs to be considered for sustainable solutions. It concludes with a focus on current research and innovations in technologies, to provide an understanding of the most up-to-date options. This course is one of four in the series “Sanitation, Water and Solid Waste for Development"....

M

Oct 3, 2021

It is an amazing course, I enjoyed quite new topic soo far and I loved the way of teaching of mentors in course. Thank you coursera for giving me an opportunity to better understand the new knowledge.

BD

Jun 10, 2018

It was an excellent learning opportunity with a new challenging field of research. I am keen to register more subjects in the future in related subjects under your mentoring. RegardsDr. Bhaskar Das

51 - 75 of 132 Reviews for Introduction to Faecal Sludge Management

Nov 11, 2017

!!!!!

By thetlwinoo

Jul 9, 2017

good

By Balaji V

Jun 13, 2017

tY

By Anna M

Jun 2, 2017

Great course, some modules moved a bit too quick for me but the back up information was really informative and supported this we

By Matthijs W

May 17, 2017

Interesting course, good addition to the MOOC series.

By waled m

May 15, 2017

Entire course is a new learning for me.

By eder a r c

May 28, 2017

Muy buen curso. Recomendado.

By Isau R A

Mar 1, 2020

I learned many things about faecal sludge treatment. Though, it's quite unfortunate that the practice and the process only applicable to my country Capital (Abuja) but nevertheless, I can relate and determine many things. So by now, I can plan alongside with my state government and decision makers on how to be treating our faecal in the state and introduce this to neighborhood planning process.

By Lissette P R M

Sep 30, 2019

Considero que este curso es completo, me ha dado la oportunidad de adquirir nuevos conocimientos en la gestión de los lodos fecales, entender las tecnologias para su tratamiento y disposición final y principalmente me ha abierto las puertas para tener acceso a información libre de investigaciones y paginas web dedicadas a esta area.

Gracias por compartirlo de forma abierta y gratuita .

By George V

May 13, 2020

The course was very helpful for me as i am in the same sector- WASH and Solid and liquid Waste Mgmt, The course has definitely increased by knowledge on FSM and the learnings from the course will be incorporated into my new assignments which i would be handling in future. Thanks to all for the wonderful course- George Verghese, Senior Consultant - WASH and SLWM, Bangalore, INDIA

By SARAVANAN R S

Mar 8, 2019

This course provides with a basic overview of various steps involved with faecal Sludge collection, transport and treatment. It also gives information on alternative uses of faecal sludge such as nutrient and energy recovery. A very good learning course for individuals who are concerned with faecal waste treatment. I personally learned a lot by taking this course.

By Bibilore S

Feb 6, 2020

This course was really thought provoking and it challenged me on the status quo of fsm in Nigeria.

I am happy because already i am working on data collection in Lagos State and i hope to review existing situations to influence the right stalkholder involvements

By Sulaiman A

Nov 11, 2021

I have achieved a tremendous success in this course which will go a long way helping me build a career in FSM in particular and Sanitation in general.

Thank you so much all the tutors/facilitators especially Dr. Linda Strande.

Please keep it up.

By Sebas C

May 21, 2022

Excelente curso con un material muy didáctico bien explicado y realizado por destacados profesionales en el área del manejo de lodos fecales, 100% recomendado para estudiantes y profesionales del área ambiental y sanitaria.

By MD Z R

Mar 30, 2021

The course was really well structured and as an online course, it was interactive beyond my expectation. I've learnt more than I was hoping for, but did not face any difficulty.

My gratitude to all the lecturers/mentors.

By Mona S

Apr 28, 2021

Great effort was put on the course that reflects the in-depth knowledge and field experience of the instructors. The structure of the course, visual videos and materials are very well structured and easy to follow.

By JANKIBEN G

Aug 7, 2020

The course is very helpful to understand Faecal Sludge Management and Treatment options. The examples provided before starting of the a module were very relatable and helped a lot to understand it well.

By Muhammad Z

Oct 4, 2021

By Pempho T

Sep 7, 2020

This course has been incredibly informative!!!

The lessons were clear and encouraged participation. I have learnt a whole lot and can't wait to implement every detail into my career works.

Thank you!

By Quock S

Jul 18, 2020

This is a fantastic course regrading Faecal Sludge Management (FSM), after completing this course I have understand total system of FSm and other innovative technologies also...

By LILIAN M Q L

Sep 18, 2020

Great great! course, I'm so thankful for all the information they bring to us!! All the material provided for us are important tools, I'm so excited to read them right now!!