Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

VI

Jan 18, 2021

It was an interesting and informative, at a basis level, course. The information is easy to understand and the new gained knowledges tend to remain in your memory, due to short and interactive videos.

SR

Jul 12, 2022

learned alot on this course. Very knowledgeable and full of healthy recipes. Great way to start your goal. Along with excersice and healthy eating you are on your way to a great healthy mind and body.

6501 - 6525 of 8,054 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

Jan 18, 2016

E

By Christina Y

Jul 7, 2020

this course is absolutely amazing. I love the videos, the structure of the course, and how Maya Adam explained everything so clearly and concise. I also really appreciate those interviews with Michael Pollan and I agree with what he said: "eat food, not too much, mostly plants". This course has taught me a lot in a very short amount of time. I also love how the course includes a list of recipes in week 5, these are amazing. I love cooking and I love living a healthy lifestyle. I'm absolutely going to try some of the recipes!

I think it will be better to include more examples or data from other parts of the world instead of just the U.S.. I am aware that this is a Stanford course, but since it's on Coursera and there are many people from other countries that are attending to this course, it will definitely benefit them more by providing more information regarding food and health of other countries. Also I think it might be better to level up the course a little bit. Despite it being an introduction for beginners, half of the content are actually common sense (or maybe just for me, I always pay attention to the food I eat so maybe unconsciously I already knew some knowledge about food and health). But it will be great to have a more advanced course regarding the topic.

Food and health is, I would say, the most important thing in life that people should pay attention to. However, so many people just ignore what they eat everyday and don't care about their health. There are also a lot of misunderstandings about what healthy food means and what should people eat when they are on a diet. I really want to help people around me to have a better diet and lifestyle, and hopefully one day I will be able to help more and more people that I don't know of through internet.

Thank you Maya and Coursera.