Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

Jun 22, 2018

1 - 25 of 2,782 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Molchanov M

Feb 08, 2018

Waste of time... Didn't expect this from Stanford...

Nothing useless, theoretical part contains only vague conversations without any scientific data or research outcomes.

And cooking receipts have nothing to do with healthy food at all. Advice to cook fried food with high concentration of glycation endproduct is a shame...

By Dan

Dec 28, 2018

Not actually a 'course' but a short series of very basic self-help videos with distracting background music throughout. 3 stars because it's a nice public service by Stanford but I personally was expecting a university-level course.

By Massimo P

Jan 21, 2016

Hi,

I was looking for a good introduction course to food and nutrition and, alas, this is not it.

I knew 90% of the things discussed in this course, and I was expecting more, but all I got was very basic advices ("eat less", "don't eat crap", etc.), all with videoclips and music which got annoying really quick.

Disappointing.

Take care.

By Rajesh K V

May 22, 2019

This course was highly informative, educative and eye opener. I enjoyed it and got highly benefitted from it.

By giovanni

Feb 06, 2018

A diet documentary for americans with really basic (and obvious?) suggestions.

Not what I expect from Coursera.

By Flavia L

Feb 26, 2017

This course should really be called BASICS of healthy cooking or for people with unhealthy habits. It is very basic! And very based on the US reality! Living in Europe and used to cooking healthy food for my family everyday I have not learned anything new! Very disappointing to see such a basic course being offered by big names as Stanford University.

By Noor u S K

Feb 25, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

By Aston H

Mar 14, 2017

Very informative and digestible information (pun intended). This course really makes you feel knowledgable about what you put into your body. Highly suggest this course for basic guides on nutrition.

By Thuy-Truc L L

Oct 01, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

By Georgios P

Jun 04, 2019

Really don't understand, what this course has to do with Stanford.

Coursera and Stanford should apply filters to prevent such courses of being offered online in an academic context. Offering is completely misleading.

By Kasparas V

Feb 19, 2018

Very basic knowledge, but I'm just evaluating it from the information point of view. Maybe I was just expecting something deeper and more informative from Stanford.

By Alexander S

Mar 21, 2016

Utterly disappointing. I hoped for a fact-based education on current scientific thinking in nutrition. Instead, this course consists of a couple of people's opinions on eating, without cited evidence, presented in a feel-good documentary-lite format with good camerawork and cute children. This is a high school public service announcement, not a university course; not what I'd expect from Stanford or Coursera.

By Biswajeet D

May 21, 2019

wonderful any one want to great knowledge should do this course from stanford....

By Stephany R

May 18, 2019

I love this course. It teaches you the basis on healthy eating and it is really easy to understand.

Since I took it, I've been able to change the way I see food and starting eating clean and healthier. I do believe everyone should take a course about nutrition.

By Elena S

May 17, 2019

Really enjoyed all the information laid out very simply and was encouraging not judging.

By Maninder s

Mar 16, 2019

Very much enjoyed. Madam Maya Adam ,a loveable person. She teaches so nicely. Content matter is too much informative. Learned a lot in this course. Would luv to join other courses of food and nutrition by Stanford. Thanks

By Alyaa E

Jun 22, 2018

Jan 21, 2016

Most of the information in this course is common sense. It may be relevant for someone with very limited knowledge about food, but for anyone who is moderately informed and interested in food, there is not much to learn here.

By Marilyn N

Feb 26, 2019

A great intro course on eating healthy and why it's important. Teaches you how to determine what "real food" is, what macro-nutrients are and which ones to avoid, and how to read nutrition labels. Ends with a section on healthy recipes and good reference sources to look at for more information. Overall, a great introduction for those who are new to or don't know much about this topic!

By Natalie M

Sep 20, 2016

I am disappointed, from a place like Stanford I was expecting a real course in nutrition.

This course doesn't teach anything. It's a mere half an hour a week of advice we should all already know, if we are interested in nutrition.

I am quitting this course, unfortunately it's a waste of time.

By Lucy S

May 12, 2019

Very biased view on nutrition, and not in line with latest research on sugar danger.

By Zoran D

Dec 10, 2018

Good introduction in to subject.

By Rajalakshmi

Dec 12, 2018

It was really a eye opener to the way we can change our view towards home cooking and food choices which may ultimately gift us a healthy life. I want to make my friends watch this and understand the beauty if food and health and how we can actually control it for our own benefit

By Fariza

Dec 12, 2018

absolutely loved the course! it was so useful! Thanks for an amazing course! it changed my eating habits. I am very glad for taking this course.