Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

TL

Oct 01, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

NK

Feb 25, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

126 - 150 of 4,092 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Rob T

May 13, 2020

This is a great course because it teaches essential skills to identify foods that support a healthy lifestyle and balance. I think every person, regardless of their field, career and financial status should learn this basic knowledge because it will impact positively their lives beyond learning how to make money or event help others. Taking this course is something one should do to take care of themselves and their families

By Maren J

Apr 10, 2020

I liked this course with its simple rules of thumb that are easy to remember when trying to eat healthy. It definitely had a lot of tips on how to help people trying to lose weight for their health, however, it also taught how to eat healthy for any individual regardless of their weight. I also liked learning a bit about the science behind it, while it still remained easy to understand and accessible to a general audience.

By ryan m

Feb 07, 2016

Great course! It was very basic and short and that's precisely what makes this course great. The information presented was concise and anyone should be able to understand it and apply the concepts into their everyday lives. If everyone in America applied such simple principles that were taught in this course into their daily lives, I have no doubt in my mind that the obesity epidemic would be ended within a few years.

By Intera P

Jun 29, 2017

I would recommend this course for those who are interested in having a healthy life, improving eating habits, or even getting to lose/maintain weight.

This course provides a lot of fundamental but essential issues that you need to know.

The lessons were described clear, understandably, easy and well-arranged. I would say that language isn't the obstacle to learn this course.

This is my first course and I do love it !

By Don J M

Jun 21, 2017

Excellent introductory course. The videos were , informative and easy to understand, with impressive production. This format of interviews, animations and high quality images was a nice touch. As a guy in his late thirties, with some major health issues, these simple classes help to motivate me when I'm being a lazy ass. Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking to educate themselves and not feel overwhelmed.

By Sergio R A

Feb 06, 2019

Es un curso muy entendible y practico. También permite tener las bases elementales de conocimiento para poder desempeñar una dieta saludable, y a su vez desenmascara lo ignorado por gran parte de las personas, acerca de la comida procesada, y los beneficios continuos de una alimentación casera y balanceada, dando así un beneficio para el control de peso y la prevención de enfermedades como la obesidad y la diabetes.

By Jon F

May 10, 2016

This course is less demanding than I expected/hoped, but nevertheless the content and its delivery was top-notch. The lectures present material in a clear and natural way. Course content is immediately and easily applied to daily life. The video production is the among the best I've seen in online education. Not groundbreaking, but immensely helpful to those unfamiliar with this material. Definitely worth your time.

By Sahijpreet K B

Mar 28, 2018

This course is a great way to get the background understanding on what your diet is supposed to be comprised of and also a way to implement this information into your daily routine. The videos provided by Dr. Maya Adam were extremely helpful to me. The recipes were diverse in taste. As a medical student it was great to see this outlook on diet and I have personally cooked a few of the recipes myself and loved them.

By Marzieh A

Jul 18, 2019

i really enjoyed this course. even though we don't have nearly as many processed foods as the regular american, i felt i still learnt a lot about ingredient labels and it definitely got me thinking about making more healthy choices. i really liked the visuals and some of the images just stuck, like the idea of smaller plates and first thinking about the vege component rather than the protein component of a meal

By Jimmy F G c

FELICITACIONES..

Muchas gracias por darnos la oportunidad de aprender nuevas cosas sobre nutrición mas haya de conocer lo esencial, mirar con otra perspectiva el tem,a de alimentarse saludable y sin necesidad de invertir mucho dinero, que algunos caemos en el error que comer saludable es invertir dinero, sabiendo esto ya podemos mejorar en muchos aspectos..altamente agradecido con la universidad de STANFORD..

By Shannon S

Jun 14, 2019

This course was thoroughly enlightening on so many levels. The concise and engaging videos, easy-to-digest material, and highly applicable and, dare I say, life-saving dietary health tips have made a huge impact on how I will proceed in my relationship with food. Kudos to both Dr. Adams and Dr. Pollen for their joyful and inspiring dissemination of information. I will highly recommend this course to others!

By Luisa F P G

Este curso realmente es muy práctico, la manera en la que explican los diferentes temas utilizando ejemplos que faciliten la comprensión de este. Me ayudo mucho ahora que estoy en proceso de dejar de consumir alimentos de origen animal, ya que antes no lo hacía por completo porque creía que esta fuente animal era fundamental para nosotros cuando en realidad no lo es, también organicé mucho mejor mi dieta.

By Yana J

Apr 14, 2020

This was an amazing and easy course. I enjoyed it partially because it was very quick and simple. I learned a lot, but I didn't have to spend much of my time. If you are someone who doesn't have a lot of time and is interested in taking a course, I would totally recommend this one. This course can be used by anyone who is interested in improving their diet or someone who just wants to learn something new.

By John G

Excellent, innovating, and fun! Since food is a very important factor in everyday living, having the knowledge now as to choosing healthy and nutritious foods wisely, preparing and selecting the right foods, and becoming more conscious of healthy eating habits, a better understanding of food in general will create and develop a new lifestyle in better food choices. Thank you for offering this course.

By Alessandra E

Sep 13, 2019

I have been interested in food science since I was a preteen, I really wanted to take a quick intro into healthy eating before jumping into a college level class. This was a wonderful introduction! I learned several things I didn't know. This is a great course to take if you are confused as how to help yourself and others. I'd recommend this to anyone needing a quick intro to mindful eating practices.

By Adrián L F

Feb 22, 2018

It is a necessary course that we all need to understand. Health is not only based on getting sick and healed, it is also about prevention and prevention often involves the way we think, the way we move and the way we eat. It has been an enlightening and interesting experience. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in study Nutrition, Medicine, Pharmacy or any other Health Science related.

By Nguyen T H

Apr 08, 2020

Thank you for creating such great content. I understand more about food and health. I have to say that the information you give is so so helpful to me. At least, I am confident to go to grocery and choose the better food for me and my family.

Thank you again, what you do is so meaningful and easy to follow. This is my first complete course at Coursera and I will never reget registering it.

By Houda

Jun 09, 2019

En suivant votre mooc je n'ai pas pu seulement bénéficier des innombrables informations mais aussi j'ai eu l'envie de partager ceci avec mon entourage. Merci pour vous, maintenant la cuisine n'a plus de mystère pour moi, j'ai décidé de mieux manger (la vraie alimentation) au lieu de moins manger :)

Merci pour vos efforts cela apparait que vous avez fait ceci avec beaucoup d'amour . Merci merci merci

By Jean L

Feb 01, 2020

Loved this course! As a nurse, I sometimes get so into the "science" of food and nutrition, that I forget the basics. This course helped me to not only "reset" my own eating habits, but also gave me the education to reinforce diet and health with my patients. Dr. Maya Adam is extremely engaging...I also loved that she added videos/recipes that she incorporates at home to reinforce her teaching.

By Elizabeth A B

Mar 10, 2019

I was not sure what I would learn but it was very educational and put in a way that was simultaneously easy to understand and I was able to retain the information. It shattered many food myths that come with my culture, age and even how advertisers have helped mold my thoughts on something as simple as what food I eat daily. I ENJOYED this course and am very happy I chose to take it. Thank you

By Emil

Apr 09, 2020

This is a very pleasant course. The main reasons I took it was, that it offered translations in a European language. Also Stanford has a reputation for an elite university, so receiving information regarding this topic was interesting to me. I have say, that the last week 5 was looked like more like some kind of a mixture between kitchen show and a kids show. I think this was too much for me.

By Maria d M P M

May 10, 2018

I really enjoyed the course and all the little tips the professors gave to make eating healthy easier. Also, all the historical explanations for why we got to eating so badly were very interesting. I only felt it was a little too short, I would really have loved for the course to talk more about labeling, which ingredients to avoid but also which certifications/claims are really trustworthy.

By Jana J G D

Jun 03, 2020

The course for me is very enriching. It highly affirms my passion on food and health. I am grateful of this course that is readily available on line. The learning processes and the time pacing are very liberating. Even if I studied solo, it was fun. Everything I guess is designed for custom-made learning. The pacing works for me. I am grateful and completely satisfied. Great pat on my back.

By Diana

Sep 25, 2019

I am amazed! This course is on the best I've applied to so far. It includes everything, from information about metabolism, healthy and unhealthy food, how to read nutrient labels, to tasty cooking recipes. What I liked the most is the fact that it'n not too long but it has everything you need. The less is more! Thank you so much for teaching me and showing me what it takes to eat healthy.

By Deepthi G N

I was thrilled when I joined the course and the thrill continued till the end . I learnt that quality of the food is what matters first and how to shape my eating plate with nutrition. Avoid junk foods is the mantra of mine from now on. Finally I learnt that at the end of our day we eat food not the nutrition content. Thanks to Honoured Stanford University for shaping such a good course.