Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

CS
Aug 26, 2019

NK
Feb 24, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

201 - 225 of 5,449 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Marzia H J

Sep 12, 2020

I have come to know a lot of interesting things from this course.The presentation of the entire course is praiseworthy.The instructor has made us acquainted with the complex things in a simple way.Those who are suffering from obesity can get a lot of inspiration and hacks to come back in a healthy lifestyle from this course.Overall,this course has been an amazing experience to me.

By Sohail N K

Apr 7, 2020

It is a nice course that unravels a few myths about food and nicely finishes with actual cooking lessons. Honestly I never thought cooking was so easy and fun. Best part is about EMPOWERMENT over what I eat in a world full of industry produced edible food like substances. I loved it. A beginning of my journey in the world of FOOD and not just about finding right nutrients. BRAVO

By Muhammad M A

Jul 9, 2019

The Stanford Introduction to Food and Health has given me an edge on other people around me. Since I am practicing weight training and fitness workshops for past 12 months. The course will empower me to help others who are striving for weight loss and fitness. I will take more courses available on Coursera related to health. Thank you Maya MD and Team. Thank you Stanford.

Cheers!

By Asley P

Oct 4, 2017

This course is AMAZING. The content is practical and easy to understand. It is safe to say that the designers of this course truly care about our well being, and would like to help us live a long, satisfying, healthy life. It just so happens that eating food, not too much, and mostly plants, is a critical piece to that goal. Do yourself and your family a favor, TAKE THIS COURSE!

By Janette H

Nov 20, 2020

I do believe that this very short course has provided me with excellent insight into my choices for healthful eating. I am especially appreciative of the manta: "Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly Plants" This has helped me to recognize that my consumption pendulum can be pleasurable - being able to eat most of what I enjoy while eating nutritious meals. Thanks for all the videos.

By Olfirenko N

Aug 6, 2020

Очень интересный курс о здоровом питании, о питании в семье, о выборе продуктов в магазине, о правильном приготовлении. Мая очень позитивная и заботливая мама для своей семьи, и нас учит как быть здоровыми в этом современном мире еды. Понравился урок как читать лейблы, этикетки на продуктах и конечно же Маины рецепты - это супер. Спасибо Мае и Курсере за этот курс. Люблю вас! )

By Remi M

Jan 15, 2019

The course includes multiple ways of learning and makes it easy to study while working, studying and other life obligations. It was very nice to see Maya include her children in the videos as it is never to soon to teach children that food is good, fun and starting with healthy attitudes towards foods. I like that the videos are short and easy to follow and the text is below.

By Adarsh S

I found this course to be very useful, as food is without a doubt, one of the most important things in our life, and the fact that in order to maintain our body, high processed foods should be avoided at the most and less processed foods, like fruits, vegetables and meat should be consumed, and that too in a moderate amount in order to maintain a proper and healthy lifestyle.

By Camille P

Apr 19, 2018

I was so satisfied with this course. The information was easy to absorb, and I appreciated the references to the science behind the nutrition. I recommend this course for anyone who is looking for Nutrition 101 and tired of all the fad diets claiming all sorts of nonsense. Food is part of our culture and should be enjoyed, and this course most definitely promotes that mindset!

By Jhonatan J A E

Jan 23, 2017

The lectures are short and pragmatic, addressing the most relevant points of interest of an average person towards nutrition. Almost every of these lectures provide simple and doable advice to implement it right away, while all the information is research-based. Assessments allow you to strenghten your insights upon the information given through precise and thorough feed-back.

By DR J M

Feb 14, 2020

Rrespected Sir/Madam,With your kind attention I inform that I purchased the certificate of Stanford Introduction of Food and Health by STANFORD UNIVERSITY . But I cannot get any information still today .So I am very sorry for negligence about my payment on 07 .01.2020.Thanks for kind cooperation. Yous faithfully, DR.JOYDEV MONDAL, Email:drmondaljoy2019@gmail.com.

By Veleka G

Aug 27, 2019

I already knew a lot of the things discussed here befor eundertaking the course but I think that only made me appreciate more how well it was structured and how clearly it presented so much and such important information about health and nutrition. I really also liked the combination of theory and practice. I would happily take a Part 2 of this course should one be released.

By Ariadna R G

Aug 27, 2018

Un curso muy interesante, los vídeos están subtitulados al español, pero no así los test, aunque considero que esto no es un grave problema, ya que se trata de un vocabulario sencillo de entender. Por lo que, si alguien no domina mucho el inglés, le recomiendo que no se preocupe y haga el curso, pues no encontrará una gran dificultad y sí le aportará buenos conocimientos .

By Gineth O

Mar 21, 2017

Una excelente introducción al Mundo de los Alimentos, la Nutrición y la Salud. De manera simple pero con un muy buen nivel , la Doctora explica los diferentes tipos de alimentos, su naturaleza , y la mejor forma de utilizarlos . Igualmente nos introduce en el tema de los alimentos procesados y en los peligros que estos pueden constituir para nuestra salud. Muy recomendado.

By Jitka Š

Feb 12, 2020

Great to get the basics of what eating healthy means. It is short and concise, you get the necessary information in an understandable and structured way. It is good for those who want to start eating healthy and don't know how to do it. However it is not meant for someone who already eats healthy and would like to get a bit more insight into the science behind nutrition.

By Judith S B

Feb 5, 2016

Excelente curso me encanto!! Realmente es muy importante verlo para introducirnos en los cuidados necesarios de nuestra salud que inicia con el mantenimiento de la misma y la prevención de las enfermedades, y la mejor manera de hacerlo es a través de la nutrición. En fin, recomiendo muchisimo este curso que aborda aspectos super importantes en el margen de la nutrición .

By Buket A B

Oct 2, 2019

First of all, thank you for this clear course. I said clear because eventhough I have Social Sciences Economics background, I could easily understand the content. After taking this course, I've decided to apply master class of Dietetics in my country, Istanbul/Turkey. I hope that I can reach my goal in next 2 years supporting myself with Coursera courses.

Thanks,

Buket

By Kano Y

Feb 9, 2020

I learnt the basic of food and health on this course. It made me more aware of what to choose and eat with a positive mindset. To eat is a thing on daily basis and fundamental part of living and health. I will keep practicing to create my own healthy harmony in food with moderation. I would recommend this course to anybody who would like to empower your life by food.

By Josè H V

Dec 4, 2018

GENIAL.

En estos momentos estoy un poco mal de salud y este curso me cayó como caído del cielo, gracias enormes a quien lo hizo, a quien lo pensó y a Maya, la persona que conocí a través de este vídeo.

Bendiciones para cada uno de ustedes y reciban un abrazo cordial también para cada uno de ustedes EQUIPO MARAVILLOSO, que comparte para la salud de millones de personas.

By Alana T

Jan 3, 2017

Everyone should take this course. The language is simple and the concepts are not so in depth as to lead to confusion, but rather give a great foundation about humans' relationships with food. Educating the future generations on how to build a healthy life for themselves could really start with a course like this. Very coherent and manageable course, worth your time.

By Agustin

Apr 22, 2020

I really enjoyed the simplicity of this course. All the basics where explained in a simple manner along with achievable steps that can be applied to any type of living situation, schedule, etc. I also enjoyed the simple tricks to look out for when reading a label. I think this should be expanded a little more as it's something anyone can do and can assist extremely.

By Adriana B d A

Apr 9, 2017

Marvelous course! I had a wonderful time learning and enjoying the lessons! I am very grateful for both! Professor Maya made everything so special because I could sense it was a pleasure to her educating her students and sharing this education with her family members. I am eager to learn more from her and looking forward to her next course!

Adriana Bonorino de Aragão

By Luba N

Oct 31, 2016

Easy and well-structured course for those who want to begin exploring how food affects our health and what and how to eat to live a longer and happier life. Those who are already interested in the topic might find the course very basic. Most of examples are about so called Western diet and American eating habits so it might be less relevant for some other countries.

By Sarah A A

Nov 20, 2019

I enjoyed every single lecture, it graped your attention from the first minute to the last one, they break down the lectures in small parts , with great picture , videos , and talk.

Really smart and nice work

I love what I learned and I am applying them. I may listen again to this lectures in the future , just to help me to stay in the right track on my diet.

Thanks