Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

CS

Aug 27, 2019

NK

Feb 25, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

201 - 225 of 3,188 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Светлана Э

Feb 19, 2019

Thank you for this course! i Glad to learn new information about health & nutrition. I hope for succesesful students will be free sertificates soon=)

I know that Free information not be appriciated as an usually, but think most successesfully deserve to have the list with marks=)

Thank you so much!

By Karen P

Mar 20, 2016

This course literally changed my life. I have been trying to cook healthy meals, and actually have certain ingredients I always have, like lemons, onions, olive oil, and several others. I took this course at a perfect time, where it really helped me move more toward plant-based meals. Thank you.

By Srikar K P

Dec 16, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed the informative course. The presentation was good as well.

Perhaps the flip side of it being a US-central is that the food recommendations and the recipes in Week 5 were many a times impossible to make in my home (India). Nevertheless, the other sessions were quite fascinating.

By Christine N

Mar 15, 2017

One of the best courses I've taken on Coursera. All of the videos were clearly explained, had detailed graphics and were short enough to get the point across but not too long that I would get bored and uninterested. Excellent work on this series and the cooking videos at the end a wonderful bonus!

By Andrea B

Jan 24, 2016

It's a really good introduction to food and health in our daily lives. It would be great to continue by understanding how we can solve a lot of health issues. The Dr. Kousmine succeeded through her researches to fight against the cancer and other diseases. Thanks again Maya for your great courses.

By Myriam V S A

Jan 09, 2019

Excelente conocer el proceso de la alimentación y la manera en cómo incide en el bienestar y salud de las personas. Realmente muy útil para aprender la mejor manera de alimentarse sin perjudicar la salud y aprender lo divertido que puede ser participar en la preparación de tus propios alimentos.

By Kateryna B

Dec 31, 2017

Very useful course for those, starting their way on responsible nutrition. I particularly liked recipes at the end of the course, brief and important information gathered and practical advises on shopping and reading labels. Thank you, Maya, and all the team, involved in this course preparation.

By Odejide J I

Feb 24, 2016

I really enjoyed this course and would encourage people the world over to really listen to the truth in this course. Beyond food , I've learnt a whole lot more and I believe this would help individuals, coporate societies and communities make informed choices about this important sphere of life

By Vendula S

Jan 21, 2020

Really good course specially for those who are trying to get into healthy eating and are beginers. Very simple (in a good way), informative. Shows that eating healthy is not hard or anything we should overthink, just stick with basics, eat mindfully and eat real food and you will do great! :)

By L. M

Dec 28, 2019

A great introduction to the study of healthy foods for those who have absolutely no knowledge. A glaring observation is that those who are most likely to benefit from a course like this are not likely to have a lot of expendable income. Perhaps some more info on cost-effective food choices.

By Cassie P

Nov 20, 2017

This course provides both a fundamental understanding of the basic principles of nutrition as well as general, easy-to-work-with philosophies and rules of thumb to make implementing a healthier diet doable. I would recommend this course to anyone interested in learning more about nutrition.

By Annigje F

Jan 28, 2016

I liked this information, but I wouldn't call it a 'course'.

I'm a certified PT and I benefit from the information, but many books have been written about the subjects as well.

I, personally, loved the information given, as it gave me a touch-up on my knowledge and tips to give to my clients.

By Omkarr D H

Dec 25, 2018

this is a wonderful start to know the science of the food we eat. this not only opens your eyes to the facts commercialism has hidden us from but also allows us to be more aware, as to what 'food' really is and what is not. I highly recommend it to all in every walks of life and all ages.

By Kevin H

Oct 30, 2016

I didn't come away from this course with a ton of technical knowledge or a complete understanding of nutrition, but I'm pretty sure the point of this course was to teach a simple set of guidelines to eat healthier and navigate today's environment regarding food. And it did that just fine.

By Ashley-Lynn

May 05, 2016

Fun, quick and easy course that had useful information for beginners and those with more experience alike. Don't expect to learn a lot about the physiology and chemical science of food, but has some great useful information for anyone looking to make healthier choices in their everyday li

By IFY I

Apr 01, 2018

Very very good course. The contents are so easy to understand and I like the fact that you are texted on your learning. Dr.MAya really knows her stuff and I enjoyed the course really well, as it was very clear, no systems or audio problems. Thank you for making this course this great.

By Tadahiro Y

Dec 12, 2016

The teacher`s pronunciation is really clear and easy to follow.And the movie makes me really relaxed and motivated me to the healthier life.This course is useful to change your view to foods.

After this lesson,I became to avoid fast food restaurants and try to eat vegetables and fruits.

By Daniel N G Y

Feb 25, 2016

I am 25 years old, and 6 month ago I went to the cardiologist because I was having high blood pressure. Since then I tried to change my eating habits, but choosing which foods to eat became a task that I didn't know was so hard. With this course actually became a lot easier. Thank you!

By Tharun K R B

Jan 23, 2016

This course changed the way I think about food. I became more informed about the choices of food in my daily life. I respect the views of Dr. Maya Adam and Mr. Pollan on cooking. It is a really short course and I have already recommended this course to several of my colleagues at work.

Feb 16, 2020

I absolutely loved doing this course. I learnt so much about nutrition. I learnt the importance of consuming real food, the after effects of consuming processed foods, the benefits of cooking and eating home cooked meals and most importantly, the significance of eating in moderation.

By Jo K

Sep 30, 2018

Full of eye-opening and helpful information presented in a clear, positive way. I've already changed my eating and shopping habits for the better with very little effort and the video recipes are wonderful. I hope Maya has a YouTube channel or something! Thanks for a fantastic course.

By Nicoleta D

Sep 11, 2019

The course was very well presented and it helped me realise the importance of home cooked food in relation to health. The recipes presented in the last week of the course are amazing, and this is a great way to help the students actually apply what they learned during the course. :)

By Juliet A

Jan 20, 2018

Sensible, informative, not overly complicated with practical tips that act as reminders and inspiration. You are helped to know just what to do. The added aspects of background music, interviews and recipes made in a real kitchen by a real mom made the course so much more enjoyable!

By Jossie L

Jul 02, 2017

Great introduction to nutrition and how to stay healthy through a balanced diet. One of my favorite parts was about how to plan meals starting with the vegetables, and how to shop at the grocery store to avoid processed foods. Very easy to understand and follow even for a busy mom.

By Astrid S

Mar 27, 2016

I really enjoyed this course - the recipes at the end are very nice, even though, gluten free is rather unnecessary, as only a very (very) small group of people actually need gluten free diets. But I liked the other content of the course very much.

Thanks for explaining and sharing.