Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

GG

Oct 7, 2021

this course changed my view on healthy eating and also instilled healthy cooking habits in me! I absolutely oved the simple , delicious and healthy recipes! definitely trying them out ! Thank you Maya

AE

Jun 21, 2018

51 - 75 of 7,516 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Kevin C

May 16, 2016

This course is extremely well made! I am enjoying it very much! I'm personally using it for a review of nutritional principles and basics and this course is FILLED with wonderfully clear and visually captivating video lectures cut into shorter 4-5 minute lectures! This course is probably meant to be taken over a months time, but It's SO Captivating that I can't get enough and be through it in a few days at most! Thank you for putting this course online for everyone to take, learn and enjoy! I'm going to recommend it to my whole online nutrition course at my university for an excellent review of basic and key nutritional concepts! It will certainly leave a lasting impression on my further nutritional studies.

By Carmen C

Jun 23, 2020

First and foremost, although it might seem simplistic, this course is so well taught and so informative that I have found again my love for real food. Since losing weight has been a primary goal for a few years now, I tried the “all or nothing” sort of diet. I had joined a gym where I was given a diet that was so strict where all I could eat were certain types of food, etc. I soon realized that I had no fun eating and I would dread the next bland meal. Having taken this course has taught me the value and importance of having a nutritious meal. I am so happy to have found Coursera. I cannot thank you enough for putting this information together. It is so worth every second of my time spent.

By Adegoke I

Apr 26, 2022

I am grateful for the privilege given to me, to learn this course. I am a Chef, I knew I need to enhance my knowledge by knowing more about food. I don't just want to cook but I want to make a difference by incorporating healthy meals into my choice of food preparation and that of my clients.

I learnt about how food was modified as a result of more women moving into the labour force, hence the consumption of processed food is on the increase. I look forward to more courses related to health from this great platform.

Thank you Coursera! Thank you my instructor! Thank you stanford University!

By Holly H

Aug 29, 2020

Michael Pollan's 7 words: EAT FOOD, NOT TOO MUCH, MOSTLY PLANTS totally simplies the current confusion around what to eat and how to construct your diet: keto?, paleo?, vegetarian?, etc. This course take a complex subjects and simplifies it and presents the most basic stepping stones. I feel that by following those 7 simple words and seeing processed foods for wrihat they are: profit makers for large companies - I can avoid processed foods, focus on whole foods & NUTRITION and enjoy my food experiences. No more second guessing every food choice I make!!!

By Victor B M d S

Apr 25, 2022

I just love it! Easy to do in a fast routine, the videos are amazing, you really can learn even if you don't know to much about nutrition. The teachers made a great job in this course. Thanks so much, for all the information.

By Rocks L

Dec 5, 2019

This is really nice course and sach a amazing information about nutrition . This is one part of nutrition . Its a good knowledge about food and nutrition field . Thanks coursera for provide this course .

By Raúl C C A

Dec 9, 2019

Me encantó es te curso, fue de gran ayuda, me ayudó a alimentarme mejor y nos es difícil de comprender, es muy importante tener conocimiento sobre este tema, definitivamente recomiendo el curso.

By zainab o k

May 30, 2021

mostly people does not know the nutritional value of they eat, they just eat to fill their bellies . people should be educate on how to cook and eat right. this course was insightful

By Sumaiya i m

Apr 21, 2022

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to join with you.This course was highly beneficial for me.I request for giving me this opportunity again.And thanks again for the financial aid.

By Tran T K

Dec 6, 2019

Thank you, Doctor Maya, for this course. Every lesson is valuable and easy to practice. Everyone should join this course for better eating habits.

By Olya

Apr 25, 2022

​Im grateful to all the creators! Im lucky to have accomplished the course, now i feel more powerful and aware than i used to be!

By VAIBHAV G

Apr 26, 2022

USEFUL INFORMATION FOR BETTER LIFE !.........AND OF COURSE MARKETING GIMMICKS BY FOOD COMPANIES.

By Varsha S

Apr 25, 2022

The course was simple,intersting and informative

By Carolien V D B

Apr 27, 2022

This course was really helpful and informative.

By Umang T

Apr 22, 2022

simplified learning which anyone can understand

By Neil C

Dec 8, 2019

Very helpful and easy to understand.

By willem

Enjoyed the course

By Sounak S

Apr 26, 2022

The Course content is extremely good. Only one suggestion though, some of the data that was mentioned could have been shown through graphs, tables or other infographic means.

By Amrutha G

Apr 21, 2022

A very basic and simple guide to the practise of eating healthier and Developing a good relationship with food.

By Abhishek F

Apr 26, 2022

great course to start yor fitness career.

By Naung K

Apr 22, 2022

​good n helpful.

By Denise H

Oct 5, 2020

This class is an entry level course about nutrition, however, I was disappointed that it focused so much on moderation. I don't feel the moderation message works for people with food addiction and while I appreciate the message of avoiding processed foods, eating meals prepared with salt, sugar and oil is highly addictive. The "healthy" recipes provided featured these addictive components, with one being Nutella crepes as a breakfast for kids. The information on reading labels and buying food without labels was solid. Also, the message to make half of your smaller plate filled with vegetables was great! Why not provide recipes that support that message? Almost all the recipes were heavy on dairy, eggs, and oil with only 1 recipe having a green veggie: peas (but again topped with dairy and oil). It's well known that a diet low in fat with little to no animal protein is the diet that reduces risks of cancer, heart disease, strokes and diabetes.

By Khalida

3.5 Stars for me.

It was a nice course. But very basic, even for an introduction. I expected a bit more advanced level of information. Overall, it is good for someone who would like to learn, but not to spend much time working on the contents of the course. I would say, it is rather entertaining than educational, but i mean it in a nice way ))

By JOHN-CHICHI, F N

Apr 27, 2022

food and health has taught me how i can eat healthy in the aspect of eating quality food in small quantity ,it also taught how to take in foods with nutritional values(less calories and fat)... am so glade am part of this class because my knowledge foe health has really increased.................

By Juan H C

May 4, 2018

I expected more depth in the nutrition side, like meals and drink that prevent some nutrients absortion and shouldn't be mixed with the meals providing those nutrients. But I guess it's ok for introduction.