Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NK

Feb 25, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

VI

It was an interesting and informative, at a basis level, course. The information is easy to understand and the new gained knowledges tend to remain in your memory, due to short and interactive videos.

226 - 250 of 5,148 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By S. N

Dec 24, 2019

This course helped me with understading the benefits of home cooked food, especially if that's cooked on your own, and this course lets you understand the marketing strategies of big business supermarkets & the manufacturers of packaged foods who let you to buy their products by not specifying the real facts used to produce that particular product.

By Helaina H

Apr 10, 2018

Excellent! I loved the instructor, and the videos were very interesting and eye catching. I found myself paying very close attention because of that! I thought it was a very useful course, I learned that my current diet, although improved greatly, would be best optimized by more home cooking. Really very engaging. I had a lot of fun. Thank you! :)

By Jacqueline M

Great information and lots of 'food for thought' about how we consume food. I am a fitness coach so I really like the info that I can pass on to my clients, especially the running theme of eating whole foods and having a better food experience. I would love if there was a more in depth follow up course about nutrition. Thank you very much!

By dianne o

Mar 09, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It had a lot of good information on how to start a lifestyle of healthy eating. The videos were short, well paced and easy to follow. The instructor Maya was very pleasant to listen to and had a very good grasp of the subject matter. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to her as well as to Michael Pollan. Thank you

By CHANDANA K

Jun 30, 2020

It was a great opportunity to learn about the dietary aspects which stand more important in everybodies life, to have a successful survival journey. Knowing about the nutritional value and shopping needs and maintaining a proper diet is most needed to lead the healthy life ....I am very greatful about being the part of the session

Thankyou....

By Barbara K

Apr 08, 2017

Me gustó mucho el curso, es muy explicativo y claro. Me gusta el énfasis en soluciones simples, pero que están respaldadas por la ciencia. Aprendí más sobre cómo funcionan los distintos grupos alimenticios y cuánto necesitamos de cada uno de ellos. Aprendí consejos prácticos y realistas de cómo mantenerse saludable y tomar mejores decisiones.

By Amber H

Jan 28, 2016

This course has given me a completely new understanding of how my body functions and how I can "play around" with my meals to change my body and feel healthier! I thought (with this being an online course) that I would not gather much from the content that I didn't already know, but that definitely was NOT true! Thanks for a great experience!

By Minako T

May 14, 2020

I am satisfied to take this course for the introduction. Because most of the lecture are used in common words and sentences which is really helpful for me to understand well. Simple but there are many important elements for food and health to understand. I am lucky to meet this course at my beginning level to learn for this field. Thank you.

By Sumangala M C

May 15, 2020

It is a very good course for American scenario. Since I have a degree in Food and Nutrition which I got almost 50 years ago, I was looking for a course for refreshing my knowledge so that I could volunteer as a nutritionist in a hospital. This course covered only a part of my requirement. However, I enjoyed the program.

Thanks and regards.

By Hannah S

Jun 06, 2017

Very informative and one of the best courses I've ever taken. Covers every aspect of nutrition thoroughly in order to be healthy as well as some tips on how to lose weight since there is such an obesity epidemic in the United States. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to become healthier and learn about the food they are eating.

By Jerry E A

Feb 06, 2017

This has been the best class I've seen on Coursera. The videos are broken up into small clips that are just a few minutes long. The videos are fun to watch as well and the presenter speaks very well which I appreciate. It's hard to understand and take notes when a presenter speaks too quickly or doesn't speak clearly or fails to enunciate.

By Valeria A L D

May 04, 2020

An excellent approach to food and health. It goes beyond to just understanding nutrients, it also teaches a lot about the meaning of food, proportions, label reading, and many other skills that are important and relevant both in the health industry and in a day-to-day basis.

I am extremely delighted! Greetings all the way from Lima, Perú.

By Stefan K

Jan 20, 2020

Good Course. Presenting the basics in a structured, appetising and easy-to-digest way. As a European with interest in health, nutrition and exercise, basically all of it was already known. I'd say even common sense. But that doesn't mean, that this is true for everybody. Highly valuable knowledge every child should learn in school imho.

By Diana J

Aug 11, 2017

Although I used to practice good health habits, I have been struggling with my relationship with food and other things for the last two years. I have been trying to regain those good habits and build on them, because a healthier lifestyle equates to a happier lifestyle. This course felt like a great step towards that goal. Thank you.

By Jorgelina T

Me encantó todo. El contenido es excelente y va acompañado de la estética de los videos. Los mismos tienen un balance óptimo entre diálogo e imágenes y gráficos que ayudan a comprender los conceptos introducidos. Maya es un encanto en su forma de hablar y de comunicar con lenguaje no verbal. Relmente ha sido una experiencia maravilloda

By Tarun K

Mar 03, 2017

A well organized and informative course relating food to health. If one joins this course as weight loss program then it will be a disappointment. On the contrary, if one wants to gain knowledge about what are the right things to eat and what are the right way to eat in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle then this course is for you

By Gail B

Oct 20, 2020

This was such an informative course. I have purchased some of the recommended books to learn more about health and nutrition. I now read nutritional labels very often and pay attention to all food items I am purchasing. I have made lifestyle changes to which I am very proud of. I have recommended this course to my family and friends.

By Caroline H

May 06, 2020

Really well-done course, very quick to get through as well. I hadn't realised how privileged I am to have grown up in a household where cooking at home and eating at the dinner table were the norm. I will definitely be more mindful of the challenges that people who did not have such an upbringing face when it comes to healthy eating.

By Joy e g

Jun 01, 2020

this was an amazing course i learn so much and gain more information about diet and healthy food and the special thing in this course that do not learn about micro nutrient rather than the food it self quality and how i make it that change my life style and i want learn all my client in the future about a healthy food thank so much

By Mel N

Dec 29, 2017

Really nice! And thank you for the extra of giving us nice, healthy recipies! That was amazing. I would like, though, to have another version of the course (or second part) with a bit more emphasis in scientific explanations for the unhealthiness and healthiness of certain foods, for the people with medical or biological background.

By William H

Jun 29, 2016

Each of Dr. Adam's lectures are short but very thorough. The visual aids in video lectures are very simple and effective. This class is the perfect intro to food and health. The material overall is very simplistic, but people wanting to learn about the intricacies of nutrition will find this class establishes a wonderful foundation.

By Triyanuch C

Oct 23, 2020

As said introduction, it's great start for one who don't have any basic understanding on nutrition. Easy to absorb. But if you are looking for deep dive into scientific data and research, this might not fit you. I give it five stars because it is a good start pulling me back to view big picture for me before dig in more.

Thank you.

By Mariadel C P d A

Jun 04, 2020

It was an extraordinary experience for me. I have learned a lot about nutrition, how to read levels, how to eat and prepare healthy meals. Thanks so much for the opportunity to learn something very interesting and helpful. The teacher was excellent sharing her knowledge and made the class understandable and fun. Great teacher Maya.

By Maria C R

Feb 22, 2019

I love the details on the overview of each lesson. I have learnt so many important aspects on nutrition and key for healthy eating! This gives me thinking of looking back on my plate and practice the moderation to have a successful diet!!!

Thank you as well for the extra cooking recipes which are very useful for me. Thank you Maya!