Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

SD
Aug 6, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the course, Very elaborate and informative course. Things are simplified so much that anybody can understand the basics of nutrition which helps in making the wise food choices.

JJ
Jan 22, 2021

Love how Maya presented the course and I especially love the cooking sessions featuring her cute kids. I am looking forward to reading her book or if she has any YT account featuring more home cooking

226 - 250 of 6,240 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Masoom A

Jul 9, 2019

The Stanford Introduction to Food and Health has given me an edge on other people around me. Since I am practicing weight training and fitness workshops for past 12 months. The course will empower me to help others who are striving for weight loss and fitness. I will take more courses available on Coursera related to health. Thank you Maya MD and Team. Thank you Stanford.

Cheers!

By Asley P

Oct 4, 2017

This course is AMAZING. The content is practical and easy to understand. It is safe to say that the designers of this course truly care about our well being, and would like to help us live a long, satisfying, healthy life. It just so happens that eating food, not too much, and mostly plants, is a critical piece to that goal. Do yourself and your family a favor, TAKE THIS COURSE!

By Janette H

Nov 20, 2020

I do believe that this very short course has provided me with excellent insight into my choices for healthful eating. I am especially appreciative of the manta: "Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly Plants" This has helped me to recognize that my consumption pendulum can be pleasurable - being able to eat most of what I enjoy while eating nutritious meals. Thanks for all the videos.

By Olfirenko N

Aug 6, 2020

Очень интересный курс о здоровом питании, о питании в семье, о выборе продуктов в магазине, о правильном приготовлении. Мая очень позитивная и заботливая мама для своей семьи, и нас учит как быть здоровыми в этом современном мире еды. Понравился урок как читать лейблы, этикетки на продуктах и конечно же Маины рецепты - это супер. Спасибо Мае и Курсере за этот курс. Люблю вас! )

By Remi M

Jan 15, 2019

The course includes multiple ways of learning and makes it easy to study while working, studying and other life obligations. It was very nice to see Maya include her children in the videos as it is never to soon to teach children that food is good, fun and starting with healthy attitudes towards foods. I like that the videos are short and easy to follow and the text is below.

By Adarsh S

I found this course to be very useful, as food is without a doubt, one of the most important things in our life, and the fact that in order to maintain our body, high processed foods should be avoided at the most and less processed foods, like fruits, vegetables and meat should be consumed, and that too in a moderate amount in order to maintain a proper and healthy lifestyle.

By Camille P

Apr 19, 2018

I was so satisfied with this course. The information was easy to absorb, and I appreciated the references to the science behind the nutrition. I recommend this course for anyone who is looking for Nutrition 101 and tired of all the fad diets claiming all sorts of nonsense. Food is part of our culture and should be enjoyed, and this course most definitely promotes that mindset!

By Jhonatan J A E

Jan 23, 2017

The lectures are short and pragmatic, addressing the most relevant points of interest of an average person towards nutrition. Almost every of these lectures provide simple and doable advice to implement it right away, while all the information is research-based. Assessments allow you to strenghten your insights upon the information given through precise and thorough feed-back.

By Kelly R

May 20, 2021

I enjoyed this course. What I got out of it was a way to communicate to othesr the importance of a healthy diet, nutritional basics and eating better. It was simple, clear well delivered. This course was informative and based on research but not academically difficult. As a teacher, I am always looking for more information and presentation methods on health and wellness.

By DR J M

Feb 14, 2020

Rrespected Sir/Madam,With your kind attention I inform that I purchased the certificate of Stanford Introduction of Food and Health by STANFORD UNIVERSITY . But I cannot get any information still today .So I am very sorry for negligence about my payment on 07 .01.2020.Thanks for kind cooperation. Yous faithfully, DR.JOYDEV MONDAL, Email:drmondaljoy2019@gmail.com.

By Veleka G

Aug 27, 2019

I already knew a lot of the things discussed here befor eundertaking the course but I think that only made me appreciate more how well it was structured and how clearly it presented so much and such important information about health and nutrition. I really also liked the combination of theory and practice. I would happily take a Part 2 of this course should one be released.

By Ariadna R G

Aug 27, 2018

Un curso muy interesante, los vídeos están subtitulados al español, pero no así los test, aunque considero que esto no es un grave problema, ya que se trata de un vocabulario sencillo de entender. Por lo que, si alguien no domina mucho el inglés, le recomiendo que no se preocupe y haga el curso, pues no encontrará una gran dificultad y sí le aportará buenos conocimientos .

By Gineth O

Mar 21, 2017

Una excelente introducción al Mundo de los Alimentos, la Nutrición y la Salud. De manera simple pero con un muy buen nivel , la Doctora explica los diferentes tipos de alimentos, su naturaleza , y la mejor forma de utilizarlos . Igualmente nos introduce en el tema de los alimentos procesados y en los peligros que estos pueden constituir para nuestra salud. Muy recomendado.

By Jitka Š

Feb 12, 2020

Great to get the basics of what eating healthy means. It is short and concise, you get the necessary information in an understandable and structured way. It is good for those who want to start eating healthy and don't know how to do it. However it is not meant for someone who already eats healthy and would like to get a bit more insight into the science behind nutrition.

By Judith S B

Feb 5, 2016

Excelente curso me encanto!! Realmente es muy importante verlo para introducirnos en los cuidados necesarios de nuestra salud que inicia con el mantenimiento de la misma y la prevención de las enfermedades, y la mejor manera de hacerlo es a través de la nutrición. En fin, recomiendo muchisimo este curso que aborda aspectos super importantes en el margen de la nutrición .

By Buket A B

Oct 2, 2019

First of all, thank you for this clear course. I said clear because eventhough I have Social Sciences Economics background, I could easily understand the content. After taking this course, I've decided to apply master class of Dietetics in my country, Istanbul/Turkey. I hope that I can reach my goal in next 2 years supporting myself with Coursera courses.

Thanks,

Buket

By Noriko K

Apr 5, 2021

Great contents and cooking recipes. As a primary care physician, it's not easy to give helpful and effective advice to patients with chronic diseases. Dr. Adam made the lecture simple and yet strategic so that anyone can learn from this course. I'd love to recommend my collogues and also my patients and am sure that they will find this ever amazing informative lessons.

By Kano Y

Feb 9, 2020

I learnt the basic of food and health on this course. It made me more aware of what to choose and eat with a positive mindset. To eat is a thing on daily basis and fundamental part of living and health. I will keep practicing to create my own healthy harmony in food with moderation. I would recommend this course to anybody who would like to empower your life by food.

By Josè H V

Dec 4, 2018

GENIAL.

En estos momentos estoy un poco mal de salud y este curso me cayó como caído del cielo, gracias enormes a quien lo hizo, a quien lo pensó y a Maya, la persona que conocí a través de este vídeo.

Bendiciones para cada uno de ustedes y reciban un abrazo cordial también para cada uno de ustedes EQUIPO MARAVILLOSO, que comparte para la salud de millones de personas.

By Alana T

Jan 3, 2017

Everyone should take this course. The language is simple and the concepts are not so in depth as to lead to confusion, but rather give a great foundation about humans' relationships with food. Educating the future generations on how to build a healthy life for themselves could really start with a course like this. Very coherent and manageable course, worth your time.

By Ashley L

May 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this nutrition course because it's actually applicable to the everyday life. Simultaneously informative and easy to understand, the Stanford Food and Health Team has designed a course that virtually anyone can benefit from. I've taken nutrition courses before, but this one has by far been my favorite. In short, sometimes simple is better. 5/5 stars.

By Agustin C

Apr 22, 2020

I really enjoyed the simplicity of this course. All the basics where explained in a simple manner along with achievable steps that can be applied to any type of living situation, schedule, etc. I also enjoyed the simple tricks to look out for when reading a label. I think this should be expanded a little more as it's something anyone can do and can assist extremely.

By Adriana B d A

Apr 9, 2017

Marvelous course! I had a wonderful time learning and enjoying the lessons! I am very grateful for both! Professor Maya made everything so special because I could sense it was a pleasure to her educating her students and sharing this education with her family members. I am eager to learn more from her and looking forward to her next course!

Adriana Bonorino de Aragão