Back to Game Design and Development 1: 2D Shooter

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Game Design and Development 1: 2D Shooter by Michigan State University

If you love games and want to learn how to make them, then this course will start you down that path. Making games is a creative and technical art form. In this course you will familiarize yourself with the tools and practices of game development and well as the process. You will get started developing video games using industry standard game development tools, including the Unity 2020 game engine. At the end of the course you will have completed two hands-on projects, including an Intro to Unity project and a 2D Shooter game, and will be able to leverage an array of game development techniques to create your own basic games....

AP

Feb 16, 2021

Excellent introduction to Game Design and Development! I already feel that I can do so much with Unity, even when I know there is still a lot lot more to learn, but this was a fantastic start!

MI

Feb 24, 2022

I had a great experience during learning through this course. This course is highly recommended for the students and beginners who want to learn Game Development from scratch.

26 - 50 of 99 Reviews for Game Design and Development 1: 2D Shooter

By Julian R

Nov 10, 2021

Muy buen curso, con un desarrollo muy coherente para un nivel de principiante y mucho mas fácil de asimilar si tienes conceptos de programación, lo recomiendo mucho.

By Ariane98

Dec 29, 2021

T​he instructor masters the subject and he knows what is relevant to the newbie.

T​he Solar system project is perfect to enter the (vast) world of Unity programming.

By Elia G

May 24, 2022

Amazing course, I learned A LOT especially in the last project when I had to nearly make a whole new game.

Thanks for the instructors for thier work.

By Ilie L G

Sep 1, 2021

Great Course, loved the entire series and made a decent game with a lot to expend upon in the end. I will follow trough with the other courses.

By Mertcan Ö

Feb 9, 2022

Good for the beginners. Instructions are clear and easy to understand. Assignments are informative and fun to make. I recommended.

By Giovani B

Apr 4, 2021

I loved the course! Brian Winn is such a great professor! Thank you Michigan State University and Coursera for this opportunity!

By juan j á s

Mar 18, 2021

Very Hands-on. You learn technical and conceptual skills for video game designing. Very grateful for what I've learnt here.

By Matteo G

Nov 4, 2021

I realy loved that course. It gave me the opportunity to create my first game in Unity. The lessons are complete and clear

By P M

Mar 27, 2021

I had a lot of fun! This is a great introduction to the world of unity game design. I cant wait to take the next class!

By Doğukan K B

Mar 25, 2021

The teaching methods and courses are perfect. The only problem is you have to wait for peer assignments for a while.

By Andrey C

May 18, 2021

Great for beginners. If you don't know anything about Unity, but want to make games, this course is what you need.

By Ramazan Ç

Mar 27, 2022

I​ think course is perfect for any person . I feel like i know basic concepts for unity and game development

By Kevin C

Jul 25, 2021

Really nice and beautifuly done! Couldnt ask for more! Pretty good for beginners and non-beginners!

By Reem A

Jun 4, 2021

i​t's great course, it let me know the unity from scratch, thankx a lot for make this all efforts.

By Fares B

May 12, 2021

The course introduced to me the basics of game development using Unity in a very simple way.

By Yashas C

May 21, 2021

A great course covering what all goes into making a simple 2D game.

By Anas H

Jul 21, 2021

Really good course! it helped me understanding the basics of unity

By Marco P

Mar 23, 2021

Excellent course, very well explained and with 2021 Unity content.

By Hamza K

Jun 26, 2022

amazing experince with the coach and great lessons for beginners.

By Alan H E C

Jun 28, 2021

Excellent to learn about the Game Development from the beginning

By Priyanshu A

Apr 26, 2022

It was a great course! it helped to learn the basics of unity!

By Mangirdas Z

Oct 10, 2021

Great course for beginners to get into Unity and game design!

By Srinivas K

Jan 10, 2022

One of the best out there. No questions asked, go for this.

By Usama B R

Jul 8, 2021

Very interesting and helpful course! Thanks sir Brian Winn

By Alexander B

Mar 15, 2021

This is great course about game development! I recommend!