Back to Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World by University of London

The course offers a well-researched and broad-ranging primer to the United Nations system. Consisting of an introduction to the complex UN family and its history, and a series of ‘snapshots’ of key UN functions, which are used to explore important UN themes and help learners develop important analysis, communication, and policy-based skills. The course is aimed broadly at people interested in learning more about the United Nations system, assuming a level of interest but no necessary previous knowledge, whilst also offering offering sufficient up to date research and new critical perspectives that it will also be of interest to people with more expertise or academic familiarity with the topic as well. The main aim of the course is to provide this wide-ranging introduction in a self-contained, but in-depth form, alongside the important practical skills necessary to understand and discuss UN affairs, and potentially lay the groundwork for greater engagement in future – either in civil society or in further study....

AF

Dec 07, 2018

It was very interesting to get to know better about the UN structure and concepts, and it helped me a lot to get my first opportunity in an UN mission! Starting a new career. Thank you so much.

GP

Jun 12, 2018

Thank you for offering this course, it has giving me the structural, academic knowledge and motivation beyond my expectations. It was an honor and a privilege.Respectfully,Guillermo Pimentel

1 - 25 of 104 Reviews for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

By Allana R F

Dec 07, 2018

By Abusaeed M A

Jun 28, 2017

It is terrifically impressive course as I am Volunteering in UN since 2014 , I have been looking such kind of Course .

Thanks again professors and SUAS team for giving this opportunity

By Evalyne K

Mar 08, 2019

Thank you Dr. Dan with your entire team for making the world come to me and me go to them through this platform. it is an amazing course and I look forward to doing even more courses.

By Marta L R

May 30, 2019

This was my first online course so I really didn't know what to expect. My favorite part about this was the amount of relevant readings and discussion that is given each week. However, some of the part were out of date.

By Murilo B

Oct 29, 2017

Very good course on the history, achievements and challenges of the United Nations. It brings you to the earlier story of the United Nations during WW2 and make you realize the importante of this unique organization as well as its mission, as written in the Charter. It also presents the opinion of scholars and staff on the UN and how it could be reformed to better fulfill its obligations. The only critique that I have is that the recommended reading in some weeks look like as if it was posted in a rush, with some works being duplicated. I also had problems with reviewing my classmate's submissions in week 5. Besides that, I could not recommend the course highly enough.

By Amy W

Nov 20, 2017

Very interesting and insightful, thank you!

By vineet s

Jan 19, 2019

The course gives you a broad understanding of the international relations and functioning of the UN system. Its syllabus is well crafted to stimulate learning and research. Thanks.

By Claire B

Dec 30, 2018

Great course, with plenty of material to understand the subject and to get an overview of the role of the UN and the issues faced. I would recommend it strongly.

By SOUMIK M

Jan 07, 2019

From history to present day scenario, from success to failures, from general to most sensitive issue, the course perfectly touched almost all the aspects of the UN in brief. Enormous amount of information provided by the course is really enriching. I enjoyed the course and look forward to engage fantastic courses like this in future from University of London and SOAS University of London.

By Matias G R R

Mar 11, 2019

Great course, well explained, with an interesting reflection at the end

By Peter B S

Mar 18, 2019

Great, detailed course.

By Dr W T

Mar 17, 2019

A clear well structured and guided course,which gives a good understanding of UN and diplomacy.

By Luis R T

Dec 09, 2018

Great course for diplomacy, the established method of influencing the decisions and behavior of foreign governments and peoples through dialogue, negotiation, and other measures short of war or violence.

By David A

Dec 28, 2018

Very engaging informative, interesting, I am now very much more knowledgeable re the UN and I'm motivated to get more involved in UN Sustainable goals for my native country and my local community. excellent material and use of different media.

By Meera G

Apr 04, 2019

i would highly reccomend this course to anyone who's interested in the UN functions and its effectiveness over the years. I was able to grasp the good and the bad as well as its link to international affairs and their response to global challenges.

By MOHAMMAD A

Apr 09, 2019

it was so fun for me learning new things in an excellent way

I would recommend it for anyone who want to learn

By Natalia B

Jul 18, 2017

A great course teaching us about so many useful things and engaging in interesting topics.

By Makwemba M

Apr 09, 2018

A well structured course that enabled me to gain more insight of the United Nations through the relevant training content (videos and reading material) and peer reviews.

By DAMSON J M

Feb 26, 2018

incredible

By Matías N G

Jul 31, 2017

A great informative course about the United Nations, its composition and different activities the organization is engaged with. Really good interview videos and great reading materials.

By F A M

Aug 22, 2017

this was perfect information and useful thanks

By Cliff O M

Feb 23, 2018

great experience

By odai k

Jul 30, 2017

usfull

By Mateus A

Aug 05, 2017

You can get educated about the United Nations in the world today with greait scholars and professors from the University of London. Great and free source of materials for the course and for further studies.

By Javier A M