Back to Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World by University of London

The course offers a well-researched and broad-ranging primer to the United Nations system. Consisting of an introduction to the complex UN family and its history, and a series of ‘snapshots’ of key UN functions, which are used to explore important UN themes and help learners develop important analysis, communication, and policy-based skills. The course is aimed broadly at people interested in learning more about the United Nations system, assuming a level of interest but no necessary previous knowledge, whilst also offering offering sufficient up to date research and new critical perspectives that it will also be of interest to people with more expertise or academic familiarity with the topic as well. The main aim of the course is to provide this wide-ranging introduction in a self-contained, but in-depth form, alongside the important practical skills necessary to understand and discuss UN affairs, and potentially lay the groundwork for greater engagement in future – either in civil society or in further study....

AF

Dec 07, 2018

It was very interesting to get to know better about the UN structure and concepts, and it helped me a lot to get my first opportunity in an UN mission! Starting a new career. Thank you so much.

GP

Jun 12, 2018

Thank you for offering this course, it has giving me the structural, academic knowledge and motivation beyond my expectations. It was an honor and a privilege.Respectfully,Guillermo Pimentel

26 - 50 of 189 Reviews for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

By William D

May 09, 2020

The course was well delivered as the videos were informative, the reading materials were diverse - giving different perspectives and dimensions. The peer review segment was also a great "skill building session" as you learn how to objectively crique a colleagues work. While some students may not give you as much feedback in their review of your work, reading others' submissions was a useful activity as you get to see how others infuse a new way of thinking in their own assignments.

By BAMBA Y S M

Apr 20, 2020

It was an incredible adventure i never entered before. The peer review helps in the acquisition of global diplomacy skills. It was my first course on Coursera, and indeed i enjoyed its structure and the assessment way. Specially when you learn also or when its reiterate to one that you don't always need to agree first to an idea before you give it a good assessment... Thank you to University of London for all the materials and the sharing of very valuable information...

By Jesus M

This is an extraordinary course, it guides us step by step through the history of the United Nations, its members, its functions, its security programs, Human Rights, humanitarian aid, and, above all, achieving peace and world disarmament. I would not hesitate a second to recommend it to anyone interested in acquiring or expanding their knowledge in the field of United Nations policies.

By SOMO S N

Apr 08, 2020

Surelly! let me take this opportinuty to thank all the Coursera Community cause the course i just completed and the certificate i know its going to be of help in one way or the other, Thank you once. Please one thing that i do request is that i want to do another course in "Cyber Security". Thank you.

By Akshara A K

Jun 01, 2020

With the help of the reading material, getting to listen to different views on a particular topic, the weekly submission deadlines and having the chance to receive reviews as well as give them on submissions, my knowledge surrounding the United Nations and its functioning has improved substantially.

By Sabrina J

May 22, 2020

Solid foundational course on global diplomacy and the UN's place within this sphere. I learned a lot about the UN's creation and history. Further, I got to see the UN through a more critical lens with regards to its limitations and the challenges it faces. Highly recommend as a good primer.

By Hnin T H K

I think it is a great course to get introduced to the United Nations and its implementation of global diplomacy. It might not give you a full picture of the UN. But, it will intellectually stimulate you with different perspectives from different people on the UN and its programs.

By Srinivasan K

May 06, 2018

Enriching experience. This is best ever format based on my learning experience across Mooc channels.

Unique elements are top minds point of views on various aspects of UN entity and unearthed limitations and challenges of future.

Thank you SOAS faculty members...

By Vidhya P ( K

Feb 26, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed studying the Global Diplomacy: The United Nations In The World course, and appreciated it's online studying program structure, including it's useful content, style of teaching, interaction with other students and knowledgeable lecturers.

By Carl M

Apr 19, 2020

Liked it, liked people, impressive that instructors from developing countries seemed to have more to offer, particularly specifics like subsection 4 of HRC. I would do it again anytime. You might dress up the certificate a bit but otherwise, very good.

By Meera G

Apr 04, 2019

i would highly reccomend this course to anyone who's interested in the UN functions and its effectiveness over the years. I was able to grasp the good and the bad as well as its link to international affairs and their response to global challenges.

By Faisal B K V

I learned how to approach a subject with a critical view point by doing the project. The videos, the write ups provided and the interviews helped me learn the UN in detail. It created a big question in my mind whether the UN would survive or not.

By Laura R

Apr 05, 2018

This course will make you enter from the very beginning into the problems of image and discussion about the future of the UN, with chances to discussion through the peer graded tasks and great access to videos, articles etc.

Mar 20, 2020

I think it was a great introduction to the unlearned about the UN. I finished early and the peer reviews slowed down my completion. I had to wait to grade another assignment, even though I had submitted all assignments.

By Luis R T

Dec 09, 2018

Great course for diplomacy, the established method of influencing the decisions and behavior of foreign governments and peoples through dialogue, negotiation, and other measures short of war or violence.

By Ian B S

Sep 02, 2019

A very thorough course, I enjoyed too much in doing it, I really love all the contents that this MOOC offered to me and my peers, I am so pleased with all of this, keep doing that well!

By Matías N G

Jul 31, 2017

A great informative course about the United Nations, its composition and different activities the organization is engaged with. Really good interview videos and great reading materials.

By vineet s

Jan 19, 2019

The course gives you a broad understanding of the international relations and functioning of the UN system. Its syllabus is well crafted to stimulate learning and research. Thanks.

By Esther C

Apr 10, 2020

Fantastic course that gave me the basics that I needed to go on for further study in this field. Thoroughly enjoyed the content and the different forms of media used for learning!

By Yenlik T

Apr 02, 2020

Great course with important material about UN given straight to the point, readings may be outdated and too much for each week but that's compensated by useful video lectures.

By Makwemba M

Apr 09, 2018

A well structured course that enabled me to gain more insight of the United Nations through the relevant training content (videos and reading material) and peer reviews.

By Guerra B O E

Excellent course, you earned new skills in global diplomacy and how the UN works in the real international world. It is amazing this kind of ways of learning new things

By Spandan M

Apr 30, 2020

I loved doing this course it really gives a great run-through of the UN and its functions. A must-do for someone who is planning to enter into international relations.

By ALICE K B

May 04, 2020

Excellent content, I learnt a lot more than I had anticipated, I actually learnt more content than when I was doing my semester on the UN during my masters degree.

By Claire B

Dec 30, 2018

Great course, with plenty of material to understand the subject and to get an overview of the role of the UN and the issues faced. I would recommend it strongly.