Back to Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World by University of London

The course offers a well-researched and broad-ranging primer to the United Nations system. Consisting of an introduction to the complex UN family and its history, and a series of ‘snapshots’ of key UN functions, which are used to explore important UN themes and help learners develop important analysis, communication, and policy-based skills. The course is aimed broadly at people interested in learning more about the United Nations system, assuming a level of interest but no necessary previous knowledge, whilst also offering offering sufficient up to date research and new critical perspectives that it will also be of interest to people with more expertise or academic familiarity with the topic as well. The main aim of the course is to provide this wide-ranging introduction in a self-contained, but in-depth form, alongside the important practical skills necessary to understand and discuss UN affairs, and potentially lay the groundwork for greater engagement in future – either in civil society or in further study....

RR

Jul 30, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. Some of the recommended reading was no longer accessible and the material was not up to date to 2020. However, it gave a good introduction to the UN and the issues involved.

SP

Aug 21, 2020

Very useful course with valuable inputs. Thank you very much for your efforts and making it available for free. Highly recommend to those who study global diplomacy, UN system and human rights.

76 - 100 of 294 Reviews for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

By Claire B

Dec 30, 2018

Great course, with plenty of material to understand the subject and to get an overview of the role of the UN and the issues faced. I would recommend it strongly.

By Alejandra A M J

Aug 29, 2017

Very interesting, it provided helpful material and different criteria from many experts in the subject, I enjoyed the course and would definitely recommend it.

By Simsim h

Aug 07, 2020

During the studies of this course I learned a lot, thank you for providing such a course and making know better how The UN work. Gained a lot of knowledge.

By Niharika S

Oct 01, 2020

a great course! with the best of reading materials provided. The peer graded assignments keeps your thoughts on a roll. I absolutely loved it! :))

By Tamany G

Apr 27, 2019

This was great course with a thorough overview of the UN. It gave me a clear understanding of the organisation and its place globally. Thank you.

By Choen K

It is a fascinating course for me. It help me to greater understand how the UN Work, which is useful for my career advancement in global affairs.

By Jamal A

Apr 19, 2020

This course is amazing. I didnt know a lot about universal diplomacy or The UN but.it taught me a lot, thank you very much dear London University

By ANISH K

Sep 16, 2020

Excellent course with well explained videos and articles to Understand the UNs history, it's functions and the issues to which the UN responds.

By Pablo B I

Aug 24, 2020

I really enjoy the course, i like the methods of the University of London, and you can have and interesting introduction of the United Nations.

By Cleyton A S

May 16, 2020

I recommend this course for all those applicants who are currently working or want to study international relations and their internal bodies.

By Denis T

Jun 17, 2019

A very good and properly paced course, providing the knowledge on how the UN works, alone with a focus on the challenges it's facing now.

By Stefano F U

Jul 09, 2020

Good course to understand the way the United Nations works and how the organization helps towards solving the different issues it faces.

By Nelly B

May 23, 2020

Very well done the lectures, and the way the course was structured and I am satisfied. I want to now start my masters at UN University.

By Mathews S

Good course and it gives a different perspective of UN from different angles , that helps to ponder the need of UN in the global stage

By Mohammad H R

Sep 09, 2017

Such a nice course for those who wants to know about the one and only multilateral organization and its functions around the world.

By Sun R

Sep 25, 2019

It is such a good course in which learners can actually gain more understanding on the United Nations. I love Coursera course.

By Ameerah M

Mar 26, 2020

A comprehensive course that allowed me to update and enhance my knowledge of the structure and working of the United Nations.

By Eshraq

Oct 17, 2019

Very interesting course. The material is very rich of information and knowledge. I really enjoyed learning more about the UN.

By Eman A

Jul 14, 2020

Very informative course that encourages the analytical skills of learners while providing them with handful of resources.

By Leah c O

May 15, 2020

Great course so informative and educative would recommend this to anyone who is thirsty to know about the United Nations.

By Naida K O

This course is very informative. It opens you up to the nuances of UN's structure and functions

I really enjoyed it.

By Salome O

Aug 17, 2020

Great use of e-tivities. I was engaged and really looked forward to my next assignment and reviewing my peers work.

By Manishita B

Aug 03, 2020

A great course to gain knowledge from. I enjoyed the learning process which was full of knowledge and fun studying.

By Mayor L O

May 23, 2020

Beautiful, Educative, Informative, Insightful, and Impactful. I have learned a lot and I am happy about it. Thanks

By Toge B D

Aug 05, 2019

Excellent program. Gauges one the opportunity to understand more about the UN and its operations around the world.