Back to Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World by University of London

The course offers a well-researched and broad-ranging primer to the United Nations system. Consisting of an introduction to the complex UN family and its history, and a series of ‘snapshots’ of key UN functions, which are used to explore important UN themes and help learners develop important analysis, communication, and policy-based skills. The course is aimed broadly at people interested in learning more about the United Nations system, assuming a level of interest but no necessary previous knowledge, whilst also offering offering sufficient up to date research and new critical perspectives that it will also be of interest to people with more expertise or academic familiarity with the topic as well. The main aim of the course is to provide this wide-ranging introduction in a self-contained, but in-depth form, alongside the important practical skills necessary to understand and discuss UN affairs, and potentially lay the groundwork for greater engagement in future – either in civil society or in further study....

RR

Jul 30, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. Some of the recommended reading was no longer accessible and the material was not up to date to 2020. However, it gave a good introduction to the UN and the issues involved.

SP

Aug 21, 2020

Very useful course with valuable inputs. Thank you very much for your efforts and making it available for free. Highly recommend to those who study global diplomacy, UN system and human rights.

51 - 75 of 294 Reviews for Global Diplomacy: the United Nations in the World

By Yormis D A

Jun 14, 2020

Excelente curso, me encanto la modalidad de evaluación, ya que permitía expresar la visión de cada uno de los participantes para que los compañeros del curso fueran quienes lo calificaran siempre con base en el respeto a cada punto de vista.

By Basaikou U S C

Sep 24, 2020

It's my pleasure to write your office hours today I hope you have a great day, I want to know my recommendation of the course, this will encourage me to take another advantage of further my career goals education.

Respectfully Yours

By Laura R

Apr 05, 2018

This course will make you enter from the very beginning into the problems of image and discussion about the future of the UN, with chances to discussion through the peer graded tasks and great access to videos, articles etc.

Mar 20, 2020

I think it was a great introduction to the unlearned about the UN. I finished early and the peer reviews slowed down my completion. I had to wait to grade another assignment, even though I had submitted all assignments.

By David M E

Aug 13, 2020

This course has given me good knowledge on the United Nations and how it tackles the development issues connected to globilaztion, Inequality, humanitarian operations, SDG goals, world peace and stability...

By Althea M C

Jul 05, 2020

it was my first time taking an online course and I don't regret it. I really had fun taking this course :) the course content materials used were very efficient to use and I learned a lot. Thank you so much!

By Luis R T

Dec 09, 2018

Great course for diplomacy, the established method of influencing the decisions and behavior of foreign governments and peoples through dialogue, negotiation, and other measures short of war or violence.

By Ruth

Jul 30, 2020

By Saroj P

Aug 21, 2020

By Nagi

Jun 06, 2020

It was an amazing course, thanks to everyone who gave us information and skills about global diplomacy: the United Nations in the world, and thanks to all participants for their interaction.

By Ian B S

Sep 02, 2019

A very thorough course, I enjoyed too much in doing it, I really love all the contents that this MOOC offered to me and my peers, I am so pleased with all of this, keep doing that well!

By Matías N G

Jul 31, 2017

A great informative course about the United Nations, its composition and different activities the organization is engaged with. Really good interview videos and great reading materials.

By Ixchel P

Aug 17, 2020

Aprendí bastante en este curso, especialmente aquellos factores y sectores que representa la Organización de las Naciones Unidas. Estoy muy contenta de este logro. ¡Muchas gracias!

By vineet s

Jan 19, 2019

The course gives you a broad understanding of the international relations and functioning of the UN system. Its syllabus is well crafted to stimulate learning and research. Thanks.

By Esther C

Apr 10, 2020

Fantastic course that gave me the basics that I needed to go on for further study in this field. Thoroughly enjoyed the content and the different forms of media used for learning!

By Natashya K P

Jul 19, 2020

Well structured and very interesting content. Helped foundationalise the UN structurally as an organisation, as well as critiques of its modern influence. Thorougly enjoyed it!

By María A

Jun 30, 2020

It's a great course to learn how the UN works and what are the challenges and critics. You learn to analyse and write a brief definition of what you are listening and reading.

By Yenlik T

Apr 02, 2020

Great course with important material about UN given straight to the point, readings may be outdated and too much for each week but that's compensated by useful video lectures.

By Deborah T

Jun 10, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and was delighted to learn more about the important work of the United Nations. There were many great resources for future reference. Thank you.

By Pedro L

Oct 22, 2020

Es un curso muy interesante ya que permite al participante dar su punto de vista de acuerdo a su criterio por los conocimientos aprendidos de los contenidos de los módulos.

By Makwemba M

Apr 09, 2018

A well structured course that enabled me to gain more insight of the United Nations through the relevant training content (videos and reading material) and peer reviews.

By Olivia G B

Excellent course, you earned new skills in global diplomacy and how the UN works in the real international world. It is amazing this kind of ways of learning new things

By Spandan M

Apr 30, 2020

I loved doing this course it really gives a great run-through of the UN and its functions. A must-do for someone who is planning to enter into international relations.

By Alaa M A M

Jun 08, 2020

In this course, I learned a lot about the United Nations, what it represents, and the role it plays in the world, as well as a lot of information that interests me.

By ALICE K B

May 04, 2020

Excellent content, I learnt a lot more than I had anticipated, I actually learnt more content than when I was doing my semester on the UN during my masters degree.