Back to The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future by University of Copenhagen

In 2015, the UN launched the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Adopted by 193 member states, the goals represent an important international step in setting humanity on a trajectory towards sustainable development. Within this course, you will get a historical overview of how sustainability has been understood, as well as a thorough introduction to the SDGs – what they are, how progress can be measured, and how the SDGs are relevant for the management of the global systems supporting humanity. The course will examine how various societal actors are responding to and implementing the SDGs. While all of the SDGs are essential to sustainable development, SDG 13, Climate Action, is usually perceived as the most urgent in terms of the need for a swift implementation on a global scale. Therefore, particular focus is given to this SDG. Through the course, you will gain up-to-date knowledge of the current understanding of human impacts on the Earth at the planetary level. Progress towards establishing global management of human interactions with the climate system within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is also discussed. The course is designed and taught by Professor Katherine Richardson, who is a member of the 15-person panel appointed by the UN General Secretary in 2016 to write the 2019 Global Sustainable Development Report. In each lecture, Katherine interviews experts who provide insights relevant to the topic at hand....

JM
Jul 18, 2020

Thank you for offering this course (The Sustainable Development Goals-A global transdisciplinary vision for the future). I have passed it but I am not sure how can i get the certificate at this stage.

JJ
Jul 15, 2020

I loved it, ver interesting and relevant information to the situation we face nowadays! Everyone should take this course to understand that we must evolve as a society to have a better world for all.

851 - 867 of 867 Reviews for The Sustainable Development Goals – A global, transdisciplinary vision for the future

By Dana C

Feb 8, 2018

Sometimes dry in the approach, though the information always seemed relevant. I was never able to enter the discussion forums. It would either continue to load, but never load. Or, I would receive and error message.

By Sean F

Oct 19, 2020

I think the style "interviewing experts" and making us listen to it is not really efficient. For me, and this is just my opinion, interview experts, then summarize it. And finally teach it.

By Drin F

Feb 27, 2021

The discussions in the video were really nice but a bit lengthy - could divide them for better learning. I finished the course but i can't afford the certificate

By Claudia G

Feb 20, 2019

TIene una muy poca representación femenina, y teniendo el cuenta que el curso habla de los ODS, deja de lado el ODS número 5, que promueve la equidad de género

By Sanja J

Apr 25, 2020

good introduction; strong focus on environment; would love to have the transcript for download or at least the copy paste function working.

By Sathyajith M 1

Jun 19, 2020

An interesting introduction to sustainable development in terms of both social and environmental sustainability.

By Sultan M S S

Apr 23, 2020

It would be better to have more insights about the relation of education and health with SDGs

By Rohini D h

Aug 1, 2020

A short yet useful glimpse into the nuances of the SDGs

By Dave D v

Sep 13, 2020

💥💥💥💥

By ANIKET P

Jun 13, 2020

Good

By Arthurlina C

Oct 5, 2020

i cannot continue course with some items blocked

By Madina K

May 8, 2020

The topic of the course is crucial and very interesting, however, the Professor way of teaching and representing the materials of the course is boring, not inspiring and creative, I find it a bit outdated.

By Ishay C

Apr 10, 2020

I was sure I could use this for academy credit. I feel cheated :-(.

I guess i learned a valuable lesson, read the fine print.

BTW the etymology reading was terrible.

By Shivam k

I'd joined free course.

But I've not got my Certificate after completion tha course.

By Cinil M J

Jun 6, 2020

I can't achive a certificate 😢