Back to Health Behavior Change: From Evidence to Action

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Behavior Change: From Evidence to Action by Yale University

Humans often fail to make rational decisions that affect their health. This course seeks to heighten understanding of the social and behavioral factors that contribute to health decisions and behaviors, with an ultimate goal of learning how to utilize these factors in improving public health efforts. Through a set of experiential learning exercises, students will learn to apply the science of health behavior change in their own lives. The course is appropriate for students interested in health care and public health, as well as individuals who are interested in learning to apply the science of behavior change to improve their personal wellbeing....

RV
May 6, 2021

Dr. Marney White is so kind and informative! I learned so much that I was actually able to work into my daily life. I constantly think differently now and I am so so grateful I took this class.

HM
Apr 24, 2021

I think the course is very important for health students and professional to help comunity to improve health, by teaching, helping or also proposing programs for govenrments.

51 - 59 of 59 Reviews for Health Behavior Change: From Evidence to Action

By Yuparat P

Sep 17, 2021

g​ood oppotumity to learned this course

By GLORIYA V

Jul 31, 2020

Good

By tale p

Jun 13, 2020

good

By Katja S

Aug 3, 2020

I liked to see all this information in just one course. I liked to find strategies for my own goals and to have a peer group, so you do not need to feel alone while doing this.

Only negative thing is that I found the videos a bit boring, so it was hard for me to follow them.

But thank you for the course. I really learned some new things and will go ahead with finding strategies for changes!

By Amandi S

Feb 17, 2021

I think the lecturer is a nice individual. However, the lectures did not meet my expectations in terms of content. I was hoping more theories related to behaviour change would be discussed, and more evidence-based measures used to help change health-related behaviours would be presented. This lecture series is good but very basic.

By Jani L

Jan 25, 2021

I loved, and highly recommend it. I would like to see more statistical information included as well as readings that do not require login.

By Yağmur Y

Apr 3, 2021

I think the graphics that shown should be newer than 2009.

By Julie M

Apr 6, 2021

The course was interesting but not very well structured. I was disappointed that it was mostly focused on changing our own behavior rather than learning how to influence others to change their behavior. I do understand the value of learning by doing but this course did not provide answers.

By Meghan B

Jan 15, 2021

This is my 4th Coursera class in the health field and was the weakest offering by a wide margin. I found the class so frustrating that I dropped it after a few weeks of coursework. The instructor seems like a nice person, but three things really got in the way of learning: (1) the professor does not speak into the camera, and instead is filmed having more casual conversations on stage with 2 of her students. I felt like I was watching someone else's in-office conversation. It was hard to see her visuals and hard to figure out what was important. (2) she does not have a prepared script and ends up saying "um" constantly. (3) She used lots of technical terminology and language - the academic names that scholars give their behavior change theories. The tests and assignments were an odd mix of "what is the name of this theory" and "come up with a plan to change your own life." Was this class for public health students or people seeking to change their health behavior? Those two audiences need different approaches. I really do not recommend this class - it does not work for either.