Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM
Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

SW
Mar 14, 2016

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.

251 - 275 of 3,773 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Ezequiel T

Oct 3, 2016

As a backend developer (C, C++, Python) , this is a great course to start digging into the Web Development world. Even though the tasks given were very simple, I recommend it because it gives you the knowledge to understand how HTML, CSS and Javascript works. Everything is simpler when you learn the foundations of a language.

By Palak G

Feb 18, 2017

I am so glad that I enrolled for this course, initially I was thinking that I know all this stuff but after starting the course, I learnt and understood the basic functionality behind things and I realized if I would have not taken the course, I would have missed on so many basics. Thank you so much for designing this course.

By coco

Dec 31, 2016

Clear, concise, informative, and great fun. You must have put a lot of effort into this to make it so wonderful. I don't want to give 5 star or 7 star. I want to collect all the stars in the sky and give them to you. and every shining star says a thank you. As you can't really count the stars, I can't say thank you enough.

By Esther W

This is such a great course. I knew very little about HTML & CSS when I started and nothing about JS. After completing this course - I learned and practiced so much and now I feel a lot more confident in my knowledge. I can definitely recommend this course for anyone who is interested in becoming a Front-End Web Developer.

By Zachary R

Jan 19, 2017

Very thorough, helpful, and well structured. Instead of explaining what every single HTML or CSS tag does, Yaakov goes explains all of the core elements in web design in high detail. The course also does a good job of covering useful tools and templates that greatly speed up the web design process and make it much simpler.

By Mohd. L H

Sep 7, 2020

Thanks a lot Coursera.

I had chosen this course for developing my skill about website development. This 'HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers' course helps me to develop a perfect

and good looking website.

This Coursera Course is totally user familiar. I love this course. I've decided to do more course in Coursera.

By Zakaria C

Dec 25, 2016

Great course. I learned a lot even I am in intermidiate level. The best course I ever take in my life. It has everything yes everything. From creating real websites to tips in design and functionality and speed to marketing with clients. If the teacher was my university's teacher I will never miss a class. Thanks so much

By UZAIR A

Nov 1, 2020

"HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers" is a brilliant course for the beginners. the good thing of this course is that every single topic is explained in depth which is very important for the beginners of website development..

My experience with this course was amazing..

Thanks Coursera and our lecturer, Mr Yakoov.

By Guilherme F

Mar 28, 2016

HTML and CSS courses are very well structured and detailed, showing how to build responsive pages from scratch and giving real life example of a SPA. It is of good help get us used to think separately client and server responsabilities and use APIs. Great as a starting point to javascript, presenting many aspects of it.

By AYMAMMET A

Aug 6, 2020

First of all I want you to thank for course and for teaching. Here is some advices for improving quality of lessons:

1) Javascript lessons were harder than other lessons(html, css). it could be provided more widely and more enjoyable

2) Small, easy, interesting exercises, colud be gived in Js lessons

I gave 5. Thank you

By Muhammad F H

Apr 16, 2020

I thought the first four weeks were brilliant. The best course for html,css and java script I would say. But in the last week the instructor got over things rather quickly. Which left a lot of uncertainties. The last week's stuff was complicated and should have been given more time. Otherwise everything was brilliant.

By Muhammad A R J

May 27, 2019

Such a good course on this platform. Sir Yaakoov has put all his efforts to teach us the best. The videos are so excellently made and made everything so clear. Had an amazing experience to study this course and it was fun too. Thank you Sir Yaakoov, the team Hopkins and coursera ofcourse for providing this platform.

By Shahzad R

Oct 8, 2016

Learned HTML5,CSS and JavaScript from many resources but this was innovative and updated course with such live examples like meeting with client and etc. I love this course. Yes we can say, here is the knowledge, Hats of to the Professor, he taught us well, Salute to you my HONORABLE/Respected Sir.. You are amazing.

By Sergio G S

Jun 12, 2020

Just completed this course and I only can sey thanks to Yaakov Chaikin and Johns Hopkins University for the quality of this course. I learned html5, css and javascript tricks. I didn't started this course with cero knowledge, but starts from 0 and explain all you need to know to master those languages. Recomended!

By Evy J

Jan 18, 2021

The course provides very good fundamental & concept in HTML, CSS, & JavaScript. Next, I just have to keep doing/practice to master it. Yaakov has such expertise in this field and he explained the material very well. Another great thing about this course is the interaction among peers where we can share knowledge.

By Cornelia M L

Jun 21, 2016

There should be a 10 star rating! This is the coolest course on web developing! Yaakov's teaching approach makes coding fun and interesting. Thus, it helps me, as a beginner, to absorb the lesson without tensions or fear of failure, but, instead, full of excitement in exploring the world of coding.

Many thumbs up!

By MOHAMMED R .

Nov 1, 2020

Great course, I really enjoyed till end. One thing about this course is that you should have elaborated java-script part much more deeply with examples and optional assignments and coding practices . You have gone straight through the course so fast, and the same goes with the ajax and else. Anyway nicely done.

By Rado Y

Oct 23, 2020

This Web Developers course is very good for people who wants to start learning how to create a good web site and want to be web developer in the future. As for me, I am a beginner and this is my first course learning HTML, CSS and JavaScript. I have learnt a lot things in this course which I never knew before.

By Samruddhi M

Aug 14, 2020

the course was really very helpful , i learnt a lot of new things about web development or i would like to say from the ABC of web development to forming the essay was my journey. learning with the mentor was really a great experience. it will be my pleasure if i get another chance to learn from you new things.

By Patty

Dec 19, 2016

Yaakov explained the positioning element is easy to understand, and also on the JavaScript part, he summarised what the recommended book (JavaScript and Jquery by Jon Duckett) does is also easy to understand. I am very impressed his actual visit to the restaurant to do the requirement elicitation technique too.

By FELIPE L

Mar 23, 2021

Great course. Theory is explained very clear, with usefull examples and with emphasis in the most important concepts of each language. Absolutely recomended/ Muy buen curso. El profesor explica con mucha claridad la teoría, enfatizando en los conceptos fundamentales de cada lenguaje. Absolutamente recomendado.

By Karthik s S

Aug 4, 2020

This one course has packed in a lot of resource that you can't see in multiple courses tagged together.

I had a fun experience going through the course and had a better understanding of topics through a well planned hands on. Thanks to the course mentor and everyone who have worked for this to become a success.

By Obrovac S

Nov 20, 2016

I would recommend this course for anyone who wants to learn basics of web design. First of all, Mr. Chaikin has a very pleasant voice so its easy to listen, unlike some other courses i tried and quited only because of that. Course goes deep enough for a beginners yet its not boring. Anyway, A+ for this course.

By Muthu A C

Aug 9, 2016

One of the best courses to start learning front end web development from scratch. The course contents are of high quality and Professor Yaakov Chaikin is great at explaining things in an easy to understand fashion. Kudos to the team behind this course. I am glad and happy that I enrolled myself in this course!

By Dean J M

Feb 23, 2016

The instructor explains core topics very well, simply and straight to the point. He also answers some important questions for people who are learning to code for the first time. I've been learning coding online on and off for a year, and I wish I had taken this course straight from the start. Thanks very much.