Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM
Jun 10, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

YV

Many thanks to the creators of this course! It was a very solid refresher for me, even though I have spent in web development a few years by now. I thoroughly enjoyed every lesson. Thank you, Yaakov!

76 - 100 of 4,047 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Steve R

Jul 10, 2021

This course is woefully out of date - 6 years old (2015). Some of the key software is very old (e.g., Bootstrap 3 has been superseded by BS4 and that will soon be replaced by BS5). Furthermore Google has made security updates which break browser functionality in coding assignments.

Coursera - you need to do a better job in ensuring courses offered are reasonably up to date.

By Marianne Z

Oct 29, 2020

Instructions are out of date and user has to toggle between FAQs, the course, and their own work, which becomes very confusing. Programs needed are not free (for example, sublime).

Also, the instructor is using a Mac and all examples shown are on a Mac, which makes it quite difficult for Windows users.

By Tip 0

Oct 8, 2020

EL CURSO ES MUY MALO HAY MEJORES CURSOS Y MAS COMPLETOS EN YOUTUBE, POR EJEMPLO EL DE PILDORAS INFORMATICAS, SI BIEN LA TEMATICA ES INTERESANTE EL CONTENIDO DEJA MUCHO DE DESEAR

By XTian P

Feb 27, 2021

Out of date. Couldn't even get pass the environment setup without spending time to research the differences of the examples using github and how github works now.

By Matthew M

Feb 27, 2021

I had to quit the course right at the beginning as all the setup instructions are out of date and I knew I was in for a very frustrating experience.

By Syahid S

Oct 18, 2020

Materials are outdated right at the start. A real downer and it really made me not wanna continue this course.

By Bahar F

May 11, 2021

I was beginner and it was so complicated and disordered. It was not helpful at all.

By Olivier T

Nov 17, 2020

I can NOT un-enroll!!!! Why? Bad web site... Please fix it!

By ziad

Jan 9, 2021

out of date

By Abu A

May 6, 2021

I enjoyed all the courses of HTML, CSS and Java Script for Web Developers

very much. Its very helpful Course for Web Developers.

I learn various things related to Web development and completely enjoyed it.

I want to thank Yaakov Sir as he's presence is a motivating for me.

Thank you sir for teaching me all the concepts especially JS.

Time to Time Project is also good as it helps to furnish the concept we studied.

By Aditi T

Jul 18, 2021

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained.And the field trip was good .Thank you Coursera and Yaakov Chaikin for this wonderful course !

By Emmanouil K

May 7, 2021

Great course, offering a wide area of information, from using github and git to HTML, CSS, Bootstrap and JavaScript. Also a bit more advanced than many other courses but surely worth it.

By Nariman M

May 2, 2021

This course is helpful for my foundation in web development. Somethings are outdated but main point is learning. And if you want, you can learn everything from anything.

By Muhammad U M

May 5, 2021

It was quite a good experience and everything was just amazing. Especial thanks to Sir who told everything in detail.

By CHRISTIAN W

May 8, 2021

Amazing course/1 if you are looking to ramp up your web development skillsets this is definitely the course to take.

By Patrick J C M

May 4, 2021

Fue un curso excelente, espero volver a tomar otro curso de Yaakov lo mas pronto posible. Gracias

By Muhammed I K

May 3, 2021

It was an amazing experience, Yaakov Chaikin is the one of the best Instructors in Coursera

By Maziar R

May 5, 2021

It was and amazing course and I could review what I've already learned. Thank you Coursera

By Ashley J K

May 14, 2021

Great course, and teacher. I learned much more than I expected. Thanks, Yaakov!

By Ken G

May 7, 2021

Great course. Slightly dated in terms of the tech, but still really good.

By Jesse B

May 15, 2021

Great good dynamic course of theoretical and practical teaching.

By Jubayar H S

May 4, 2021

It's a great course to learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript in depth.

By Sainagavignesh

May 10, 2021

This Course is wonderful. Lecture teaching is wonderful.

By Digvijay K

May 8, 2021

explain very well each topics with good examples

By komal h

May 7, 2021

This course has require knowledge for beginners.