Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers by Johns Hopkins University

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

SM

Jun 11, 2020

Actually the best online course i hv ever learnt,especially the professor yaakov is quiet outstanding.And a field trip in a online course sounds rare and good!!Thank You Coursera and yakkov for this!!

SW

Mar 15, 2016

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.

2826 - 2850 of 3,259 Reviews for HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

By Martin J

Sep 30, 2020

It was very informative and fun with HTML and CSS until I started Javascript where I really struggled. I think Yaakov is a great teacher but if you do not know the rudiments of Javascript you may struggle a bit. Other than this, I enjoyed it. Thanks!

By Pankaj K

4 stars because the course is short for the interactive part of web development. Yaakov Chaikin glides through AJAX. Wish that would have been in more detail. However, rest of the course was enriching for a beginner like me. Thank you for the course!

By Adin Z

Jan 14, 2017

I have just started this course, but I can already tell it is like no other on this site. It already feels immersive and I feel like i'm really part of the group. All the other courses seem harder to follow a long, but I feel great on this course.

By Dheeraj B

Oct 22, 2018

Good for people with no knowledge of web development as well as for technical people looking to refresh their web development skills. From the entire content, only the AJAX part went on bit faster(and thats why 4*), otherwise a pretty good course.

By Amartya C

Everything uptil week 4 was very clear and very well explained, but I found week 5 to be very tough and I don't think I understood everything there. I am gonna read the recommended book and then come back to it, and that takes off 1 star from me.

By PUTTURU N K R

Jul 04, 2020

HTML AND CSS ARE QUIET CLEAR AND WELL UNDERSTANDING. ADDING BOOTSTRAP TO THE COURSE MADE THE COURSE MORE INTERESTING. HOWEVER, IF JAVASCRIPT HAD BEEN CLEARLY EXPLAINED, IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE FOR US FOR BEING DONE THIS COURSE.

By Leah D

Aug 04, 2016

This course was a nice into to HTML, CSS and Javascript. If you have no previous background in programming, the js will be very hard to follow and is quite complicating. BUT this course will get you thinking and excited when you solve a problem!

By Artyom S

Dec 04, 2016

Good for beginner, except for JavaScript part where you will need to study JS externally as it may appear quite complicated without programming knowledge. Not so good for experienced desktop developer who wants to learn web: it's all too basic.

By Nicholas G

Mar 03, 2017

I loved this course. It filled in a lot of knowledge gaps that I had. My only reason for not giving it 5 stars is because the JS portion went a little fast, and it was difficult for me to keep up with it having minimal experience with JS.

By Gokul K N

Jul 26, 2020

I could grasp HTML, CSS and Javascipt. But Ajax, CORS, JSON and all were really rushed and just touched upon. The last week of this course is not very satisfactory. But rest of the course is SOLID!.

Thank you Yaakov! A Great Instructor <3

By Ashish B

Jan 14, 2017

This is a very good course for getting your fundamentals. I like all the content it provides. It can be made better on the Javascript part where explanations can be made little slower or some more references may be provided to explain.

By Akhilesh S

Every module in the course was exceptionally fine, except the half part of the last week was quite complex for me to understand. But the instructor was outstanding and his style of teaching was very impressive and easy to understand.

By Yuriy K

May 09, 2016

The instructor is great and I had fun watching Yaakov. I've also learnt a lot of stuff. I wish course would be a bit longer and contained a bit more challenging assignments. Especially those ones which are in the middle of week.

By M A R

Jun 23, 2020

I really loved the course and the teaching by Yaakov Chaikin sir but the rating which I gave is because the course is outdated in few places. The course was recorded in 2015 and hence it would be great if the course is updated.

By Sanjeev R

Apr 10, 2017

There was very less practice and understanding of AJAX compared to other topics like HTML, CSS and Javascript. Very less hands-on practice was there for AJAX, otherwise the course was very well set up and very well explained!

By Mohammad O B S

Jun 24, 2020

Although i liked everything about this course, the only thing that i expected could be improved is the JavaScript lessons. Better to start off from the basic before moving on to the intermediate topics. Thank you Sir Yaakov.

By Rafael D C J

Aug 07, 2020

Yaakov Chaikin deserves 5 stars but the course is not up to day. I would love another course by Yaakov just putting the content on this one up to date. Yet, it teach enought to understand the fundamentals of each topic.

By Shashi R

Jul 11, 2018

This is one of the best course for the HTML,CSS and Javascript. The lecture given by Yakoov Chaikan sir for each topic is explained in a very simplified way and easy to understand. Now i have confidence in my knowledge.

By Wesley J

Sep 25, 2020

The course was very informative and challenging at the same time. The resources provided were very beneficial and helped me learn HTML, CSS, and JS. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn web development.

By Reem K

Oct 16, 2020

This course is amazing and I highly recommend it for absolute beginners to get a kickstart. However, I felt like JSON and AJAX week's content could be improved even more with more thorough explanation about the whys.

By Amit S

May 03, 2018

Excellent course to learn about the basics of HTML, CSS and Javascript.

I wish there could have been more exercises that could have been done post the course completion and more detailing on the JavaScript and Ajax.

By Nikhil B

Jul 17, 2020

Every Module is explained very well but i didn't understand the last Module properly for the 1st time because we didn't explain every part of javascript completely which became though for many students like me.

By Nihal J

Jul 26, 2020

This course is very helpful to grasp knowledge of web development. Instructions are very clear and understanding. Tutor teaches everything very thoroughly. Very helpful for me I enjoyed learning this course.

By satyendra

Aug 18, 2020

Course became complicated after 3rd week and hard to grasp it due to unavailability of hard coding. Please try to code with us rather than paste the worked code which makes difficult for us to understand.

By Kanishka M

Aug 08, 2016

A much appreciated course !!! This course give me a boost in my studies further in Web development. Will appreciate Johns Hopkins University team if in future you will provide the course on Node.js as well.