Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers, Johns Hopkins University

About this Course

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

By SW

Mar 15, 2016

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.

By DQ

Feb 20, 2017

I learned very much in this course. I enjoyed each moment studied the content. The teaching methodology is wonderful and teacher is so nice. In general, this course is excellent and I recommend it.

1,554 Reviews

By Chan Yee Ting

Jan 17, 2019

Great course!

By lakshman dunna

Jan 16, 2019

The best certificate course for Web Development !

By Danfeng Shao

Jan 14, 2019

The javascript course in this lecture is in-depth. It took me a lot of time to understand it.

By Sergiu Chilicic

Jan 14, 2019

Old information, course need to be updated.

By Sachith Nilmantha Kasthuriarachchi

Jan 13, 2019

Excellent course. This course gave me a clear idea about JavaScript HTML5 and CSS also AJAX. But when we go deeper in the module 3 lectures and specially in module 5 lectures the descriptiveness has slightly more reduced. In AJAX you just described a code and it was very hard for me to understand at first. But thanks to your clear voice and clear explanations I could understand them by revising each such lecture videos more than once. Thank you very much for designing such a great course.

By PRIYANSHU KUMAR

Jan 12, 2019

very nice lecteures i learn a lot thnks coursera

By RACHIT JAIN

Jan 12, 2019

niceee courseee!!!

By AGBOMADZIE DAVID KWASHIE

Jan 10, 2019

I am learning a lot . Thanks to you all.

By Aadit Singal

Jan 10, 2019

I think they should explain Github and Git later on when we are ready to host our websites.

By Brittney Postma

Jan 10, 2019

Course was good, but last assignment felt lackluster. There was lots of code that was went over in the last week and it wasn't broken down at all and the assignment barely skimmed the surface. Other than that, I thought the other weeks were really well laid out and the assignments fit the subject matter.