Back to HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers

HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers, Johns Hopkins University

About this Course

Do you realize that the only functionality of a web application that the user directly interacts with is through the web page? Implement it poorly and, to the user, the server-side becomes irrelevant! Today’s user expects a lot out of the web page: it has to load fast, expose the desired service, and be comfortable to view on all devices: from a desktop computers to tablets and mobile phones. In this course, we will learn the basic tools that every web page coder needs to know. We will start from the ground up by learning how to implement modern web pages with HTML and CSS. We will then advance to learning how to code our pages such that its components rearrange and resize themselves automatically based on the size of the user’s screen. You’ll be able to code up a web page that will be just as useful on a mobile phone as on a desktop computer. No “pinch and zoom” required! Last but certainly not least, we will get a thorough introduction to the most ubiquitous, popular, and incredibly powerful language of the web: Javascript. Using Javascript, you will be able to build a fully functional web application that utilizes Ajax to expose server-side functionality and data to the end user....

By SW

Mar 15, 2016

This was a really great course, i learned so much, and it was really interesting and very well explained. I will be taking any more courses done by Yaakov! Really excellent course, thank you so much.

By NC

Mar 16, 2018

Excellent course, specially if you are a professional but in different technologies/ languages, from the back-end world, etc... You will progress very fast as it goes right to the essential notions.

1,592 Reviews

By Axel R

Mar 24, 2019

Few tasks, just a lot of online lectures. When you had gone through all the lectures and were finally going to start to code. You could not remember all that information.

By Shailesh Ambardekar

Mar 24, 2019

Very good course content and examples to build or re-affirm the concepts in HTML, CSS and JS.

By Mauro Cortellini

Mar 21, 2019

Easy to follow; very useful explanation.

Good job!

Mauro

By Nitin Kumar

Mar 17, 2019

Superb course and recomended. Only problem with me while learning through videos is that i get distracted while the code is being explained. that my personal issue.

By Rajyavardhan

Mar 14, 2019

Loved the Course!!

Would have appreciated it if Yaakov had gone slower while teaching the connection with the server using ajax....basically the last two weeks of the course was a bit complex and the explanation was a bit speedy.

By Xiaowei Tan

Mar 12, 2019

I learned a lot about html, css and js, articulated, clear about the concepts and practical enough. I can't wait to build myself a small blog website.

By 金莉君

Mar 11, 2019

It is awesome. I have learnt Html, CSS before, but I didn't understand them well. Thanks for Yakkov's lecture, with which I finally got through the language.

By Демичев Александр

Mar 10, 2019

The course is very interesting and course material is served easily!

By DIPAN MANDAL

Mar 10, 2019

I really like the way of teaching...All the technical details and the reasons behind their use is discussed in a simple manner.

Must to course for both beginners and developers with little experience.

By Sanjeet Kumar Yadav