Back to Introduction to Indoor Air Quality

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Indoor Air Quality by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

Course Overview: https://youtu.be/LLVb4FOn4uU This course provides a basic knowledge of an emerging area – Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) in buildings. Learners will realize the importance of maintaining proper IAQ. Characteristics associated with indoor air contaminants (IAC) are demonstrated, such as • Particulate matters (PM2.5, PM10) • Radon • Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) • Asbestos • Bio-aerosols, and more Safe exposure levels, resulting health effects, measurement techniques, mitigate and control measures of these IAC are discussed. Other important areas related to IAQ such as building ventilation systems, indoor flow characteristics, sick building syndrome, and thermal comfort are also covered in this course....

SB

Jul 28, 2020

Learned a lot. The topics were well explained. The quizzes helped me in further clarifying what I have learned. Also there are discussion forums where you can discuss and learn a lot

KC

Jul 06, 2018

Excellent course, very well delivered and very informative. I would love to see it expanded even to a 5 or 6 week course to go a bit more in depth on some of the topics.

1 - 25 of 102 Reviews for Introduction to Indoor Air Quality

By Salman F S

Apr 04, 2020

This Course will open new angle for Indoor Air Quality concept. It will help you to understand types of pollutants, Viruses, Ventilation System and Comfort level

By Kong Y Y S

Jan 08, 2019

very good introduction to the basic concepts of ventilation and IAQ parameter

By Ts. C K L

Feb 19, 2018

Received my nice certificates today. With this awareness, I bought a SHARP Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier for my room. I also bought a formaldehyde & TVOC meter and with this meter identified some indoor air quality problem inside my car (petrol leaking increase the TVOC reading which need to send for car repair), and i also tested a CO detector for car exhaust. Now my confusion is on the ozone generation of from the Sharp Plasmacluster, whether is it dangerous to health, which i'm not sure because I don't have the air ozone meter. Thanks a lot.

By Volodymyr M

Apr 10, 2020

I am satisfied with the quality of the information and the level of teaching on the course. I systematized the available knowledge and learned a lot of new and interesting information. I would like to receive information about possible courses available to continue training in this area.

By Arvind R

Apr 08, 2020

This course is really good as the Indoor Air Pollutants have been explained in a very understandable way . The additional readings mentioned are also very informative . On the top of it the teachers have conveyed their point wonderfully well . Thanks for this great learning !

By S S G

Jul 12, 2020

This course explains about the importance of IAQ and its consequences, if it is neglected. It also gives knowledge about safety measures against different problems and equipment required for testing of IAQ and for better air circulation for different purposes.

By Mohammadreza Z B

Oct 18, 2018

Absolutely contain very useful information, specially for me that design DataCenters and server room, it helps me a lot for measurement, ventilation and controlling for cleanrooms.

Thanks a lot to the professors for these great information.

By AKSHAY P W

Mar 10, 2019

great course for mechanical engg because of when we design air conditioner in industry thats time we have need air quality knowledge.so great thanks to coursera and hongkong university finally they have allowed me this course

By Syed T H

Apr 11, 2020

This course has increased my imagination and knowledge towards importance of Air Quality and my confidence on correct application of this knowledge in my engineering profession

Syed Tausif Hassan

Consultant Engineer

By Yohan A

Apr 08, 2019

Fully explained course about indoor air quality,, explanation of the sources of harmful elements and its consequences in health and environment, and explanation of alternatives to improve indoor air quality.

By Soham B

Jul 28, 2020

By MUHAMMAD A M Y

May 08, 2019

Great and concise presentation. Quizzes are really helpful. The final exam is a little bit difficult than the quizzes but it is not that to the extent of extremely difficult.

By Kaitlin C

Jul 06, 2018

By 19EN010 S K S

Aug 16, 2020

The course introduced IAQ in a manner that no one can do it better. However, I did not understand the concept behind the grading of the post-course survey.

By Babasaheb P S

Aug 03, 2020

first of all i would like to say thanks to the IAQ team and Coursera to avail this course. I learned much more informative things related to this course.

By PRIYANSHU K T

It was great experience studying this course,from this I got to know how much indoor air quality is important and what are the contaminant present.

By Wayne F

Jan 02, 2018

Excellent course. I learnt much during the programme. It was not very informative and provided a good introduction to indoor air quality

By Shiv S r

Apr 02, 2019

I feel very good and I have enjoyed this online course very much .in future if I got chance I want to do this type of courses

By Pulkit S

Feb 12, 2018

This course is very well structured and the instructors have explained all the topics in a very comprehensive manner.

By Shajedul I

It's good and informative. After learning this course, I got more fundamental information about some air pollutants.

By Emilio C

May 08, 2020

REally interesting to have a first sight about IAQ. VAluable resources to be developed in base of the documentation.

By Christina H

Jun 06, 2020

Well paced, informative lesson with many suggestions for continued reading about topics brought up in the course.

By Aura R

Jul 24, 2020

I'm so glad to learn about this course, it's help me to enhance my knowledgment in indoor air quality material.

By Lam K Y

Sep 18, 2019

Nice course with plenty of informational readings and good lecture videos guiding through the learning period.

By FASEENA M S

Sep 13, 2020

Very well said about the indoor air quality and as a chemistry student, i felt enthusiasm to learn about this