Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

MG
Sep 5, 2018

This was an entertaining way to learn the theories. Theories can be very dry and through the videos, I had a good visual of the different considerations when designing language learning experiences.

1301 - 1325 of 1,367 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Nangamso T K

Jun 5, 2016

I like how the course was structured, it made it easier to absorb all the historical comparisons of instruction methods.

By GONG L

Mar 24, 2016

The course is perfect . If my friends need this kind of classes , I would recommend this one. But not efriends around me

By Marina T

Jul 3, 2018

The classes were fantastic! Although I found this course's assignments a bit boring. But I am very content generally!

By Christian A M R

Feb 14, 2016

Excellent Course! It taught me that I can take good things from the "bad" methodologies from the past.

By Sonia F

Jul 14, 2019

Interesting course. I learnt a lot about how the mind works and how we can influence our students.

By Saltanat B

Mar 2, 2020

It was a very interesting course. So now I know about all the evolution of teaching English.

By Jessica J

Nov 8, 2016

It's very helpful to understand teaching language. The origin of every step of skill.^^

By Paloma B B

Jul 5, 2016

Muito interessante conhecer os métodos de ensino e como eles mudaram através do tempo.

By Mariana S

Nov 4, 2016

Great, it's very helpful and you learn a lot of things that will help you in classes

By Versha G

Feb 6, 2018

Gained a clearer understanding of teaching English to speakers of other languages.

By Jairo

Apr 18, 2016

Tiene bastante claro los temas y una forma sencilla de enseñarlos. Lo recomiendo

By Miguel A L

Sep 25, 2018

It was interesting, but it slowly became repetitive and tedious to get through.

By Tara J

Jul 24, 2016

Creative presentation and good overview of the material. Not very challenging.

By Buthaina H M A

Sep 1, 2020

it is an interesting and beneficial course that teaches me a lot of things.

By Yuti B

Mar 9, 2016

Excellent presentation, enough information to get a basic idea.

By Kuanbo W

Nov 17, 2016

It teaches us the techniques in the history. very useful

By Aliyah W

Jul 26, 2020

Lots of material to unpack but presented in a fun way!

By Serah A

Feb 26, 2018

very detailed and quite interesting and informative

By Mauritius O

Nov 3, 2020

Very entertaining instructors. Kudos to Dr. Shane!

By آمر ج

Nov 19, 2019

May Allah bless You Dr/Shane Dixon and all members

By FREDA H G

Jun 25, 2020

Information is broken down into manageable chunks

By 黄青龙

Dec 25, 2015

An interesting and informative course, like it.

By Brittany S

Jun 1, 2020

Jam-packed full of approaches and techniques

By Mike W H

Jan 18, 2016

Interesting content. Interesting delivery.

By Alexis V

May 31, 2016

a great course!! I hope to learn a lot