Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition, Arizona State University

About this Course

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)

By NZ

Jun 11, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

By IT

Aug 05, 2017

Awesome! Now, this IS a great course on Theories of Second Language Acquisition! Definitely totally recommended; especially to those who are not familiar with or very keen on theories and histories!

769 Reviews

By Oly Juna Reyes

Mar 22, 2019

Thanks for the reminders about the theories of SL acquisition.

By Xhemail Grisholli

Mar 21, 2019

Learned a lot. It wasn't easy but it was worth

By Ash Khan

Mar 20, 2019

Great course!

By Mustafa Shemmari

Mar 20, 2019

Enjoyed it!

By Susana Cristina dos Santos Gomes Martins Moretto

Mar 19, 2019

Essential course to take if you want to have your classes meeting its purpose, being preparing students for exams, communication or cultural awareness.

By Deborah Olan

Mar 18, 2019

While taking this course I found there are more methods one can use in a classroom setting. It helped understand more broadly how the different approaches may be used in lessons.

By Herlinda elena Vasquez Aguiar

Mar 11, 2019

This course make me feel that I'm doing a good job with my kids. Thanks

By Marina Fujimoto

Mar 10, 2019

I really love this course from the get go. Again lovely graphics, engaging teachers and very useful information. Thank you for the sharing this knowledge at such a slow price! I hope education because more accessible like this in the future. Thank you for leading the way.

By Iuliia Sazhko

Mar 01, 2019

Awesome content, really engaging and efficient! I honestly feel my own improvement as a ESL teacher

By Mamusta Saljuq