Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)

NZ

Jun 11, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

IT

Aug 05, 2017

Awesome! Now, this IS a great course on Theories of Second Language Acquisition! Definitely totally recommended; especially to those who are not familiar with or very keen on theories and histories!

1 - 25 of 824 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By José D R A

Feb 18, 2019

Great course.

By Bernabé N G

Dec 07, 2018

Awesome and simply amazing content. I learned so much! This course even made me a better RLA (English to Native Language English speakers) teacher! I am a sub at Rio Salado College Adult Basic Education (GED students) and the last three times I have subbed each class had students that wanted to know what days I taught so that they could switch to my class! Thank you!

By Sonia F

Jul 14, 2019

Interesting course. I learnt a lot about how the mind works and how we can influence our students.

By Ying L

Jul 13, 2019

good!

By Anas T M

Jul 13, 2019

Really enjoyed learning in this course. It helped me develop a deeper understanding of the history of language teaching and learning.

By Pippa J

Jul 12, 2019

Well presented and interesting way of giving information about the different theories. I have learnt a great deal! Thanks.

By Dr. H D

Jul 07, 2019

This course was very entertaining and informative. Would have given it more stars if I could!

By Thomas G

Jul 05, 2019

Very well thought out and I found the videos entertaining.

By Verbilovich I I

Jul 05, 2019

I love your videos and the teachers! Thank you very much. It was really interesting and easy to understand. I've improve not only my teaching skills, but my English as well.

By Yara N

Jul 02, 2019

The course is a collection of the most wonderful videos that present information in a creative, fun and beneficial way. I enjoyed the lectures and learned a lot of valuable information. besides that I gained many useful new techniques to apply in my own classroom. Thanks to everyone that helped creating this course.

By ZHANG M

Jul 02, 2019

This class is super amazing and interesting

By Helen L R V

Jun 30, 2019

I've never imagined that studying Historical Approaches would help me analyse my own teaching. Thanks!!

By Sulaiman A

Jun 30, 2019

That was really beneficial

By Shamsutdinov T

Jun 29, 2019

It was excellent!! Thank you very much!

By Gabriel M G

Jun 28, 2019

Amazing content taught in a funny way.

By Ulzhan S

Jun 27, 2019

Great and enjoyable course

By Jason H

Jun 26, 2019

I really enjoyed the course, it had great informations. it was well worth my time.

By FRANCISCO B D Q

Jun 17, 2019

excellent course .

By Sherif M A A

Jun 14, 2019

So helpful, great

By Gladys

Jun 13, 2019

I highly recommend this course to all ESL/EFL Teachers.

By Catrina W E

Jun 12, 2019

Excellent explanation of language theories! I truly enjoyed this course. Very knowledgeable!

By Jerrymil E

Jun 12, 2019

nice

By Paula G

Jun 10, 2019

I have learned so much from this course about the history of ESL. It has been fun and entertaining but, most of all, I know that it has provided me with the critical tools I will need to become a future ESL teacher.

By Rachel W

Jun 07, 2019

A great way to build on the introduction of the first course.

By Kelly R