Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)

NZ

Jun 11, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

MG

Sep 06, 2018

This was an entertaining way to learn the theories. Theories can be very dry and through the videos, I had a good visual of the different considerations when designing language learning experiences.

1 - 25 of 864 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Bernabé N G

Dec 07, 2018

Awesome and simply amazing content. I learned so much! This course even made me a better RLA (English to Native Language English speakers) teacher! I am a sub at Rio Salado College Adult Basic Education (GED students) and the last three times I have subbed each class had students that wanted to know what days I taught so that they could switch to my class! Thank you!

By Eric F

Jul 31, 2019

I liked the use of the time machine to visit the people who came up with the methods of teaching English!

By José D R A

Feb 18, 2019

Great course.

By Marie G

Sep 06, 2018

By Angie J

Dec 04, 2016

Great presentations on what language instruction approaches have looked like in the past and present. Each approach is discussed and evaluated so the "best of's" can be applied in your own teaching.

By Weisi Z

Feb 27, 2016

The course content is perfect, however the rating system is kind of disappointing. First, the rating is very subjective, thus I might pay great efforts to my submission but get a grade below my expectation. Second, sometimes I can be busy on weekends thus I want to finish the peer review earlier on Friday, however, there might often be not enough submission to be reviewed, thus I am very pressured to do this with a exhausted mind and body in the evening on Sundays. Could I just pass if there's no other submission to review?

By Leslie B

Nov 18, 2018

A fantastic overview of the Theories used in the past up to today to teach language.

By Joshua P

Nov 19, 2018

great course, very enjoyable and informative.

By Min S T

Dec 04, 2018

Very excellent course!

By Malak H

Dec 06, 2018

For my instructors big respect and love for this just most amazing and exciting course I've ever attended. I really owe you BIG thanks for your efforts and genuine giving spirit that I learned a lot ..You were actually following the precise and precious values you teach through this course. I highly recommend teachers to have this course in order to maintain a broad view on teaching methods and grasp the useful themes and techniques that enrich their teaching process.

By YUN S L

Dec 20, 2018

I like this course very much!

By Samet T

Dec 22, 2018

THANKS FOR SUCH AN INTELLIGENT COURSE...

By Nadia M A A A

Dec 09, 2018

well done thanks for your great effort

By Gehad G M

Dec 24, 2018

highly recommend it . Very useful and I had fun learning

By Cynndi N

Dec 23, 2018

If you have gotten this far - MY ADVICE: Don't cheat yourself; dismiss any excuse or obstacle that prevents you from continuing because it is SO WORTH IT!! You will have fun in finding out more about yourself and the feedback from peers is so worth you taking a second look at what you thought you were doing 'right'. A++ ASU courses!

By Thakwan M A

Dec 24, 2018

great

By Nguyễn V T

Dec 13, 2018

very good

By Ahmadova S

Dec 13, 2018

I’ve learned so much on this course and had so much fun. It was fantastic! Thank you for your great effort!

By Francine F G

Dec 31, 2018

Very useful, I recommend.

By Nicole

Dec 31, 2018

Great learning experience.

By Ana P R

Jan 28, 2019

I've learned so much about the various theories, philosophies, and approaches. My teaching skills definitely need polishing, and this course have broaden my knowledge. It's an excellent course with amazing teachers and overall teaching style. The information is fun, and it sticks. Thank you.

By Mohamed k I

Jan 26, 2019

Dr. Dixon is stunning as always

By Ahmad A

Jan 02, 2019

Thank you, Dr. Shane for the great, amazing effort!

By Manuel d J T A

Jan 04, 2019

great course!

By Sayli T

Jan 03, 2019

Various instructional strategies, how one can combine based on the purpose of the learning.