Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition, Arizona State University

About this Course

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)

By NZ

Jun 11, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

By CS

May 15, 2017

All the theories are presented in an extremely organized way.\n\nThe dramatic representation has been rather memorable.\n\nSeeing myriad theories from the lens of time has helped my knowledge stick.

792 Reviews

By Chinara Sevdiyeva

May 21, 2019

very useful material.

By Sarah uryelah silva chamorro

May 20, 2019

There's some unconfortable sexism in some of the lessons. They are dramatizations but still it's not welcoming or funny for female students and would not be considered ok if it was "jokes" about race.

By IVIE

May 17, 2019

You guys are the best!

By Hannah Drilon

May 11, 2019

Thank you so much for this course! I learned a lot and totally had fun with the material. Dr. Shane Dixon's stints were done so well that I can only wish to be at least half as good the teacher that he is. Good job to everyone!

By I.S. John Vijayakumar

May 08, 2019

Wonderful Course and the methodology employed to interestingly explain theoretical concepts was awesome. I like to record my special thanks and appreciation to both the Course instructors and very specially the Course designer.

By Nikhil Ruban

May 07, 2019

It was an eye opener to many teaching methods.

By Guillermo Adolfo Morales Lopez

May 03, 2019

Excellent course! I understand a lot more about where the techniques we commonly use in teaching come from, and how we can improve our teaching style to get the most out of every student. This course really helped a lot.

By Dang Ngoc Quang

May 02, 2019

This module is awesome. It helps a lot in comprehending learning process that is important for selecting teaching methods.

By Tran Thi Kim Chi

May 02, 2019

The course is excellent !

By Juan Carlos Minda Ramírez

May 01, 2019

Remarkable course, I've learned different and practical techiques for teaching