Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

1576 - 1600 of 1,623 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Brittany S

Jun 1, 2020

Jam-packed full of approaches and techniques

By Mike W H

Jan 18, 2016

Interesting content. Interesting delivery.

By Alexis V

May 31, 2016

a great course!! I hope to learn a lot

By Anže P

Apr 30, 2017

Some of the videos were a bit silly.

By Engel L V

Mar 22, 2017

Very informative and easy to follow.

By Zaki B T Z T

Jun 13, 2018

It was theoretical than practical .

By Margaret P

Sep 22, 2017

A great class. I learned a lot!

By Rukhsar S

Dec 9, 2016

the course till far is good

By Chatchakris C

Dec 20, 2015

L

By Armindo G F G

Jul 31, 2017

I had taken this course with a serious mind set, to go all the way till de end; it was very unfortunate that I travelled last year for treatment, due to my health condition; this happened on late March 2016. Later on, by the time I came back home, some unfortunate robbers had stolen my computer, as well as my tablet and other documents, all of them in a brief case. Since last year I could not do anything at all. I am working now with a borrowed computer form a friend of mine. I hope this time I will make up for lost time and move forward with faith, as far as I can. Thank you very much.

By Rodrigo M B S

Feb 10, 2016

A great course and fully packed with interesting information about different methodologies thought time. Wouldn't give it 5 stars because most part during the video lectures are just silly and although I know the professor is trying his best to convey an idea, it seems like there are moments it just drifts away from the point. Also, the "angel x devil" debates are equally silly, opposite to the following overview video which is excellent. I'd recommend everybody to take this course but I certainly wouldn't do it again and neither dowload the videos for future reference.