Back to Microeconomics: The Power of Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics: The Power of Markets by University of Pennsylvania

We make economics decisions every day: what to buy, whether to work or play, what to study. We respond to markets all the time: prices influence our decisions, markets signal where to put effort, they direct firms to produce certain goods over others. Economics is all around us. This course is an introduction to the microeconomic theory of markets: why we have them, how they work, what they accomplish. We will start with the concept of scarcity and how specialization according to comparative advantage helps us achieve more than we could alone. Next we model a marked using the tools of Supply and Demand and learn what well working markets accomplish and what their limit are. We end by exploring the impact of government intervention on perfect markets. Examples are taken from everyday life, from goods and services that we all purchase and use. We will apply the theory to current events and policy debates through weekly exercises. These will empower you to be an educated, critical thinker who can understand, analyze and evaluate market outcomes....

AS

Jan 14, 2017

I really enjoyed the clarity with which the concepts were taught. I loved the examples and I thought they were very helpful and made the concepts so much easier to understand.

LY

Apr 11, 2016

Thanks for the professional details of this course. And I think the numerical examples provided by Professor Rebecca give me good understanding about the power of markets.

1 - 25 of 118 Reviews for Microeconomics: The Power of Markets

By Jie H

Mar 01, 2016

The professor is very thorough and clear in explaining the key concept of microeconomics. Although no math background is needed to take this course, I recommend some prior exposure to calculus to get an even deeper insight from this course.

By Xiao L

Oct 19, 2017

I took the Microeconomics course in university, and I have read some textbooks of it. But none of them can compete with this course. Learning on Coursera is really organized and comfortable. And Professor Stein really reveals the philosophy of economics behind figures.

By kora b

Jan 19, 2019

Muito bom, a didática é bem entendível !!

By SHANKAR L

Dec 16, 2018

i want a free course that certificate can be use for my personal performance like interview and my skills growt

By Mario P

Feb 28, 2019

Very good explanation for fixing fundamental ideas in the matter.

By Kailas S K

Feb 17, 2019

Very productive

By Cem C

Feb 06, 2019

This is an excellent course for MBA and Business learners. Thanks to Rebecca Stein for her excellent work.

By Zhichen Z

Jul 21, 2018

Excellent course! Crystal clear and interesting!

By 吴子超

Jun 14, 2018

good

By Damian A

Jun 03, 2018

Fantastic professor and loved the coursework/readings.

By DengWangxinyi

Jun 05, 2017

You can learn a lot of useful and fantastic knowledge in this course and I am glad that I chose this course.

By Rishabh S

Oct 22, 2017

Fun, Interesting, Experienced many new things i didn't know about.

By Shamal D

Feb 04, 2017

Concepts are very nicely explained. The examples/numericals used for explanation are really good.

By Longcheng D

Jul 18, 2017

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED ! THE TEACHER IS SO GOOD.

By Orlando M

Feb 17, 2018

I love it

By Saleh M L A

Oct 30, 2017

Very informative, Simple and practical numerical examples.

Discussion after course with the mentors are even great.

Thank You !

By Arshdeep S

Mar 09, 2017

This is an amazing course for Microeconomics. The primary reason is that everything is well explained and so it's not as difficult to grasp the concepts. I would recommend everyone to give this course a shot, you'll learn some neat stuff!

By Amar M

Mar 02, 2016

An excellent course. Well presented.

By Saifullah K

Mar 22, 2018

I got a lot of knowledge from this specific course about "Microeconomics: Power of Markets".

By Hùng T

Jun 08, 2018

Very detailed, informative and comprehensive. The tutor is great !!

By Vikas S

Sep 30, 2016

Awesome Course for the guys who has no idea about the micro economics.

By udbhav s

Apr 29, 2017

An amazing course, with detailed analysis of each topic

By Raymond Z

Jun 22, 2017

economics offers me so many insights about understanding the world!

By Rakshit J

Jan 17, 2017

A really interesting course which sets a strong foundation in Economics. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Jun 01, 2017

This course is designed very full , the lecturer teaching is good