Back to Microeconomics: The Power of Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics: The Power of Markets by University of Pennsylvania

We make economics decisions every day: what to buy, whether to work or play, what to study. We respond to markets all the time: prices influence our decisions, markets signal where to put effort, they direct firms to produce certain goods over others. Economics is all around us. This course is an introduction to the microeconomic theory of markets: why we have them, how they work, what they accomplish. We will start with the concept of scarcity and how specialization according to comparative advantage helps us achieve more than we could alone. Next we model a marked using the tools of Supply and Demand and learn what well working markets accomplish and what their limit are. We end by exploring the impact of government intervention on perfect markets. Examples are taken from everyday life, from goods and services that we all purchase and use. We will apply the theory to current events and policy debates through weekly exercises. These will empower you to be an educated, critical thinker who can understand, analyze and evaluate market outcomes....

FP
Jan 18, 2020

Excellent course on the principles of markets and the effects of taxes and subsidies. Really enjoyed it and learned a lot. You definitely start to see the world around you in a different way.

WS
Mar 4, 2020

I really liked this course. The lecturer is able to convey terminologies clearly in a short time. The problems are more sophisticated and worth time thinking instead of just toy questions.

51 - 75 of 184 Reviews for Microeconomics: The Power of Markets

By Anshuman C

Jun 10, 2020

Well taught, great teacher, recommended, "not boring" and good & well absorbable content in short video format.

By SHANKAR L

Dec 16, 2018

i want a free course that certificate can be use for my personal performance like interview and my skills growt

By DengWangxinyi

Jun 5, 2017

You can learn a lot of useful and fantastic knowledge in this course and I am glad that I chose this course.

By Cem C

Feb 6, 2019

This is an excellent course for MBA and Business learners. Thanks to Rebecca Stein for her excellent work.

By Valentyna F

Nov 17, 2017

Great course! Professor Stein explains everything clearly and with a lot of examples. Highly recommended.

By Keshav G

May 1, 2020

professor rebecca stein way of teaching is amazing and i will look forward to take her further courses

By Tony P

Mar 23, 2016

Amazing course . The professor knows the right way to teach to all, also non - english speakears.

By Muhammad A M

May 16, 2020

This course was great! I learned a lot and it helped me think differently. Would highly recommend.

By Shamal D

Feb 4, 2017

Concepts are very nicely explained. The examples/numericals used for explanation are really good.

Jan 17, 2017

A really interesting course which sets a strong foundation in Economics. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

By Saifullah K

Mar 22, 2018

I got a lot of knowledge from this specific course about "Microeconomics: Power of Markets".

By Peng S

May 5, 2016

the teacher is very nice! She explain the market clearly, and the quizzes are really helpful.

By Mary Y

Nov 8, 2019

Very clear instructions in the video. Will use materials for future microecon studies :)

By Madeline C

Clear, interesting, and the final exam pushes you to retain information. Great class!

By ANIBAL H B

Oct 4, 2017

EXCELENTE CURSO, EXCELENTES CONTENIDOS, MUY VALIOSO TODO LO APRENDIDO. MUCHAS GRACIAS

By Abiven J C

Aug 20, 2018

Très intéressant, a chaque fois ce sont de petites vidéos de 8 minutes maximum.

By Thai T

Mar 8, 2016

Really useful and practical. The teaching method is quite easily understanding.

By Mason A G

Jun 12, 2020

This is great and the lecturer is amazing, make sure to listen and make notes.

By Ralph R F

May 20, 2019

Prof. Steins' short and concise videos is perfect for the busy professional.

By Christopher W

May 8, 2020

An extremely good introduction to economics by a fantastic tutor.

Excellent!

By Henrietta A - K

Jun 30, 2020

I love my lecturer. She made the course very enjoyable and understandable

By Sornamuhilan S P

Jul 2, 2020

Excellent modules, simplified problems with clear and precise solutions.

By Claudette H

Mar 31, 2016

Excellent Course! Broadened my understanding of the financial markets.

By Ricardo G

Sep 25, 2020

Really useful course and a great introduction to the economic science.

By Amit k p

Jul 28, 2020

They makes a better way to understanding economics with a deeper sense