Back to Microeconomics: The Power of Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microeconomics: The Power of Markets by University of Pennsylvania

We make economics decisions every day: what to buy, whether to work or play, what to study. We respond to markets all the time: prices influence our decisions, markets signal where to put effort, they direct firms to produce certain goods over others. Economics is all around us. This course is an introduction to the microeconomic theory of markets: why we have them, how they work, what they accomplish. We will start with the concept of scarcity and how specialization according to comparative advantage helps us achieve more than we could alone. Next we model a marked using the tools of Supply and Demand and learn what well working markets accomplish and what their limit are. We end by exploring the impact of government intervention on perfect markets. Examples are taken from everyday life, from goods and services that we all purchase and use. We will apply the theory to current events and policy debates through weekly exercises. These will empower you to be an educated, critical thinker who can understand, analyze and evaluate market outcomes....

WS

Mar 05, 2020

I really liked this course. The lecturer is able to convey terminologies clearly in a short time. The problems are more sophisticated and worth time thinking instead of just toy questions.

MT

Apr 06, 2020

From this course I have received an in depth knowledge about basic concepts of microeconomics and have thoroughly enjoyed the course. I will use these concepts in my further studies.

126 - 150 of 154 Reviews for Microeconomics: The Power of Markets

By Geo P

Feb 12, 2018

Me gusto los vídeos cortos y los ejemplos, adicionalmente la literatura adicional es muy buena y amena.

By Rina C

Jun 23, 2017

I have never taken an Economics course before and this was a good Introduction to me

By Sergei C

May 07, 2020

Not sure if it has any relation to the real life, but well made course nevertheless

By Dazhi W

Sep 16, 2017

Great course. The concept of oppotunity cost is useful even outside the classroom.

By Xiaowei Y

Nov 17, 2016

Very interesting and useful! But it does not cover all issues of microeconomics.

By Aasif

Nov 18, 2019

The syllabus is

Pretty good

I like it

But some questions are tricky and hard

By Shivam C

Apr 24, 2020

This course helped me learning different concepts in microeconomics

By Kaushik R

Feb 22, 2018

Definitely worth taking for all interested in Economics

By Shaurya V K

Jun 08, 2017

Sometimes, the explanation is difficult to understand

By Jason L

Dec 25, 2019

The course material is very clear and easy to learn!

By H S

Feb 12, 2017

Good introductory course. Easy to understand.

By Vlad M

Aug 28, 2019

some of the questions are a bit ambiguous a

By pinakin j

May 14, 2020

Course was to good and knowledgeable also.

By 陈兴雷

Mar 02, 2016

老师的讲解清晰,英语词汇也挺简单的,推荐希望对微观经济学有初步了解的同学来学习一下!

By Albert Q

Apr 01, 2020

very good course to begin in economics

By Ishola M

Apr 17, 2020

The presentations are preety nice

By Tejal J

Sep 09, 2019

c

By Martijn S

Aug 26, 2019

More reading material that is made available would be very helpful instead of just naming chapters you should read from a book you don't have, and better explanation of the questions that you did wrong would also be helpful.

By Michael T

An explanation of the correct answers with applicable graphs would be more helpful than just a reference to a specific lecture. Possibly after a third try on an exam, providing this would be very helpful.

By sagar a

Jul 21, 2017

I felt that the course was very slow. Average video length should have been set around 5 minutes because small length videos cause time loss when we move to the next topic.