Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

951 - 970 of 970 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By mostafa y

May 06, 2017

Thank you for such great course , can't wait for the productivity 101 MOOC that you mentioned in one of your videos .

By Vilasna P

May 11, 2017

Limited new materials from Learning how to learn. It's more like a self-help series than an educational course. Might be useful for those needing encouragement.

By HandaShi

Learning how to learn, version 1.5

By Tousif D

Sep 17, 2017

The course basically revises the Learn how to learn earlier course with extra learning on the MOOC which is really a off topic for this subject and additional points on the career front which are really well thought off. Overall, I like the earlier course "Learn how to learn" more than this but definitely I got some good points from this course too which I would like to think and follow.

By Lerrick S

Jun 12, 2017

This course was useful. I felt that this should rather have been an update to the course Learning how to learn instead of being a separate course. I would recommend that this be completed only after doing Learning how to learn.

By Shyam S

Dec 17, 2017

it could be better

By Thomas L

Jul 22, 2017

Well executed MOOC but more appropriate for students who are starting their university education of careers. I found some aspects new and interesting too. But I expected something different from the title.

By Zeph C

Aug 28, 2017

The material is pretty useful. But I found the video a bit too distracting with too much effects.

By Shynar L

Jul 07, 2017

nice work!

By Esther A

May 11, 2017

the delivery was well done just as in learning how to learn, my 3 star rating is only based on some points i don't fully agree with. Nevertheless it gives good insight for those considering a mindshift and those who didn't know it is possible to mindshift. Thank you to my both professors!! Job well done again.

By Sadie M

Jan 27, 2018

personally little boring when the professor was talking about making the video, but overall it was okay.

By Moggy

Sep 27, 2017

good training

By Pınar P S

Dec 17, 2017

I love their "Learn how to Learn" course, and I learned a lot. But his course for me full of repetition. Probably if I had taken this course alone I can give higher rates.

By AMALIO T D A N

Jul 29, 2019

Precisava ensinar mais sobre técnicas importantes para manter o foco e o aprendizado. Aqui nesse curso explica mais como funciona o processo de aprendizado mostrando como o cérebro age e etc.

By Arun B N

Oct 15, 2019

Not as fantastic as "Learning how to learn"(which was a 5 star course in my review) but still a good follow-up to that course.

By Joyce T

Jan 05, 2019

Quizzes should be OPTIONAL, particularly for those of us who are participating purely for personal enrichment and enjoyment. This has turned into a nightmare rather than a pleasure and that's unacceptable.

By C. L R

Sep 04, 2017

I am a long-time vipassana meditator. I lost interest with the course when teacher presented vipassana meditation very incorrectly - even mispronouncing the word! After that, I did not trust her qualifications to teach.

By Ashutosh K U

Jul 14, 2017

Title doesn't fit to course material quality.

By rafayansari

Jun 15, 2017

not what i expected as i thought i would be learning after doing the course learning how to learn

By Guido B

Sep 03, 2019

This course is very light, it provides some useful tips (and some others on which I don't agree), but no specific tool or technique to apply in learning. The videos about MOOC making may be helpful for those who intend to produce a MOOC (not me), but they are useless for the majority of students. I have done a lot of MOOCs since 2012 on Coursera, and I noticed a tendency to reduce both duration (from 8 or even 12 weeks to 4 or so) and content.