Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential, McMaster University

About this Course

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

By TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

By MB

May 26, 2017

I really like this teaching duo. I want to take more classes from them and continue learning how to learn. Simple concepts combined with scientific explanations made this a very fun class to learn.

770 Reviews

By Alexis Eskenazi

Dec 08, 2018

good !

By Annie Meshach-Alfa

Dec 08, 2018

I am elated to have taken this course. I very much enjoyed the lesson and videos. They are easy to understand, very educative. I have been inspired to get mentorship and pay it forward by becoming a mentor too.

By Sven Nijs

Nov 21, 2018

This course helped me to take decisions and to shift careers. An eye opener.

By Low Hooi Bee

Nov 21, 2018

A

By Sarah Clifford

Nov 20, 2018

Great course! Highly recommend.

By Rajneesh Sood

Nov 07, 2018

One of the Best courses I have taken online.Learned a lot of new things. Thanks for valuable insight to a lot of new concepts.

By Uvo-Vincent David

Nov 04, 2018

this course has helped me beyond words. i am grateful to the lecturers and everyone who put in effort to make this MOOC possible. i love you all and God bless you all

By Diogo Torres Bianchi

Nov 03, 2018

If you want to be a better learner and want insights and reliable information about career, passion and MOOCs, you'll find it here!

By Sharon McAthey

Nov 01, 2018

All I can say it this was a very helpful course.

By FELIX ROJAS BUENROSTRO

Oct 31, 2018

THIS COURSE ES EXCELENTE BECAUSE IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DISCOVER THAT I HAVE HABILITIES THAT I DID NOT KNOW I HAD