Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

176 - 200 of 983 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By KADRI C

Nov 12, 2017

IT realy usefull

By Gabriel T

Dec 18, 2017

It's been a remarkable gain to find out I was already using some of the concepts presented here for a long time without knowing, and of course to discover some of the new, complementary once. I find this course to be very effective on your thinking behavior , especially if it is done in completion to their related MOOC : Learning How to Learn. Good Job guys.

By Ateeb T K

Dec 17, 2017

Very helpful course for students of all backgrounds. Great lifelong learning habits that reinforced what I "thought" I knew (but didn't).

By Shoaib R

Jul 01, 2017

Breaking the stereotypes of learning!

By Katerina H

Apr 05, 2018

I made great changes in my life and I am also very inspired and ready to learn something new!

By Albert L

Aug 13, 2017

謝謝提供這麼好的課程!

By Beatrice S

Aug 08, 2017

excellent course

By Thanh L T

May 29, 2017

Good information and useful!

By Lukas J M

May 29, 2018

This is a fantastic course and gave me a lot to think about in terms of my learning and my teaching!

By Justin S

May 01, 2017

I'd like to say thanks to all that helped make this MOOC - it feels good to hear change is possible for anyone at any time.

By Mary G

May 18, 2017

Don't miss this if you are looking for positives changes in your life.

By Thanh N L

Jul 02, 2017

I have learnt a lot from this course, just like the new way in thinking and learning effectively. As a result, I get inspiration and motivation to pursue my dream. I love the way how professors sympathize our obstacles and help us feel better by analyzing and interpreting them. We know that we are not that bad and some traits considered as bad could also be our advantages. The discuss forum is an ideal place for us to express and share our stories, feeling and somehow see ourselves in some people from all over the world through their stories. Some bonus videos about memorizing are interesting, too. I really have got mindshift. Thanks a lot.

By Ismo H

Jun 28, 2017

Excellent course. I gained a lot of great insight taking it. Highly recommended!

By Santokh K S S

Sep 11, 2017

I really enjoyed the the insights I garnered from this course. The scientific explanations as to how the brain functions and affects our learning process was superb. I can't overstate how much I enjoyed this course! This should be the first essential course anyone and everyone should take.

By Deepu R

Jun 05, 2017

This is really a good and interactive course, helps to understand the process of learning and identify own potential within you. highly recommended

By jeffin f

Sep 24, 2017

it was good course for me. it really helped me to understand myself more

thanks for it

By Michael E

Feb 03, 2018

Many words of wisdom from Professor Oakley and Professor Sejnowski. Great course!

By Bharatmahato21@GMAIL.COM

Jul 08, 2017

it was good experience

By Muhamm A

Aug 05, 2017

amazing MOOC , i thank you so much .

By Peter N

Jun 25, 2018

It's a wonderful course

By Gurpreet S

Dec 08, 2017

Great

By Lipika B

Aug 25, 2017

excellent. Lots of information regarding active learning along with change in career in life. I liked it.

By omar a r v

Sep 01, 2017

Es de los mejores cursos que he hecho :)

By Mary S

May 22, 2017

It's always valuable to learn different ways of learning and thinking. I really appreciated the mind shake up!

By marco d m

Oct 24, 2017

I found this course very uselful. I did it after learning how to learn which was a real innovatine discovery for me.

This course gave me the broader view on how brain's patterns and how to work with them