Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

101 - 125 of 980 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Meriaux G

May 07, 2017

Excellent course ! I really recommend this to everyone.

By Unai A

May 18, 2017

Everybody is different but We should look for strategies that can make as work more efficiently. And If we based it on scientific information, we can skyrocket as individuals to enhance productivity. This course is a must take and I will be mentoring it for a while.

Happy learning

By Jenniffer D L R

Jul 02, 2017

simple, dynamic and with great information.

By Nikki G

Sep 02, 2017

Barb Oakley truly is a fantastic instructor. She very clearly explains concepts in an amusing and kind way. I gained a lot!

By Graciela A

Apr 18, 2018

It is a very interesting, entertaining and full of information with valuable keys to improve in the process of a change of mentality with respect to our careers. With scientific bases they show what is valuable in all our experiences and how useful they are when making life changes.

By Said F

May 28, 2017

Great efforts and Great people behind .. I am appreciate every hands behind this magnificent work ...in my point of view .. the precious thing on this life is LOVE .. and that is what I can give to you ... I LOVE YOU

By Robin R

Jun 07, 2017

It wasn't really different from the other course but it was still good use of a great reminder.

By Serhii K

Jul 27, 2017

It was a great and inspirational MOOC, thanx a lot for making it!

By Eliseo M

Mar 16, 2018

Alright learned so much! I love these instructors! They have literally changed my outlook on life and how I can accomplish so much if I can figure out how to do it! You're not limited to your beliefs if you don't want to be. Change your mindset for a fixed mindset to a growth mindset and you'll enjoy life so much more I promise. Thank you Dr.Terry and Dr. Oakley

---Eliseo Magallon

By Colin E

Oct 23, 2017

A superb MOOC! Very well presented, engaging and memorable content that shall serve me well for years to come. Thanks to Barb and Terry for producing a fantastic learning experience!

By Marilyn G

Sep 01, 2017

This course helped me a lot in both my studies and my career path.

By Jesús S

Jun 12, 2018

Excellent course, I would recommend to take after learning how to learn. As always Barbara left me impressed with how much she can make you change in a positive way. Definitely the best professor there is online. I hope she continues making MOOCS.

By Mylene

Jan 09, 2018

Again a great course by Barb and Terry, a very nice follow up from learning how to learn! Well done and thank you! just what the doctor ordered ;-)

By Rubina M

Dec 15, 2017

My First MOOC and I found it very interesting because of Barb. I truly enjoyed how she used metaphors and other creative ways of making us understand and finally I found reviewing the material at the end of our week

By Antonia B

Jan 12, 2018

Very well structured class and very entertaining! The 2 professors, Barb and Terry know how to formulate and divide the information. Also, they give examples from their own lives, so you can have a better understanding and correlation. Thank you, Barb and Terry!

By Helmut B

Oct 01, 2017

Best course forever!

By Ganesha B

Mar 09, 2018

This course was great! So inspired to just keep learning for the rest of my life. I'm putting it into practice already and can honestly say I feel the effects of a healthier active brain already. Highly recommend this to anyone at all, period.

By Karen S M

Aug 24, 2017

Good Stuff. Something for everyone. Well taught and easy to digest. No matter where you are in your education or career you can find something useful in this MOOC.

By Marina E

Jan 30, 2018

Very interesting, good structured and funny course on how to learn.

By Kaveh G

Dec 16, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It was very helpful and helped me a lot to discover myself and my potential to change. I will definitely recommend this course to every age group.

By Fiona R

Oct 30, 2017

This course is really appropriate for all levels of learners. I feel it helps to have some business experience to appreciate the context Barb provides around changing careers, but it would certainly be excellent exposure for those early or later in their careers as well. Superb organization and execution. Not a minute wasted. Highly recommend.

By Neeraj K J

Dec 30, 2017

Excellent course, recommended for all.

By dwijendranath.jha@axisbank.com

Dec 25, 2017

Got useful insights about how to tackle obstacles in learning.

By J. K

Oct 29, 2017

Barbara Oakley is the coach that we all need to achieve our best.

By Lawrence N