Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

201 - 225 of 976 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By tampau s

Nov 17, 2017

It has helped me regain confidence in my abilities and surface those hidden somewhere in the complex potential I possess. It was fun and a bit positively addictive, with useful information. Thanks a lot!

By Tim C

Jun 05, 2017

a wonderfully carried out MOOC, but I suggest one little improvement: could we have the script of the videos available to us? just like the learning how to learning MOOC?

By Ismael F V

Jan 16, 2018

Totally loved it

By Charisse M

Jul 21, 2017

One of the best MOOCs out there

By Angie L

Jun 04, 2018

very well structured on several main topics to trigger my profound thinking towards mind shift and rethink the value of broaden one's knowledge in different areas as well developing efficient learning styles with wisdom. Thank you.

By Sohan

Aug 21, 2017

Great class, amazing teachers and well-structured course. Took away some great gems! Thank you :)

By Stephen G

Jun 05, 2017

Another well presented MOOC by Barb. It exposes and breaks down learning difficulties that are personal, common and not generally given definitive answers and simplifies responses that capture complex concepts.

If you are looking to take on a MOOC on a foreign subject or subject that you are not that passionate about (yet), this would be a good MOOC to take first.

By Raunak S

May 20, 2018

Very good follow-up for folks who have taken Learning How to Learn.

By Dong d

Oct 05, 2017

Great Course, I have learned lots of learning methods and principal in it.

By Sergey K

Apr 08, 2018

At first sight, course may look simple. The teachers have simple and funny manner explaining the material. Although, behind the curtains of simplicity there are deep topics presented related to learning and finding your own way in current age of information. Everything comes with Barb's personal touch. Thank you. I found it very useful!

By Laura I M G

Jun 05, 2017

I really enjoyed this class!

It is very useful regardless of your expertise, background, or age. You can apply what you learn in every aspect of your life, and I feel that it will transform it if you follow the wise advice given in it.

I definitively recommend taking this course. It is very engaging, with multiple animations, and very valuable information. The professors have conducted a good amount of research to help you feel more secure about exploring new horizons, in terms of learning. After taking this class I feel much more motivated and I also feel a great desire to continue learning new things.

By KAMAL S

May 12, 2017

great course!

By Carla B

Jan 14, 2018

Highly recommended course to anyone who is feeling discouraged with started their career or even going through a career transition. This MOOC teaches you the value of learning and shows some really good insight on how to be more effective with your learning.

By Andrew C

Jun 28, 2017

Outstanding course. Do yourself a favour and sign up right now.

By Robin A

Apr 21, 2018

A great learning experience, well taught and very relevant for anyone interested in continuous life learning

By Sergio A H

Jun 27, 2018

Proud to it's name this course is really minshiftting, you can rediscover your way of thinking and find a new inspiration for your learning path

By Natalia F

Oct 16, 2017

Great course! great strategies for manage stress and be more productive!

By Juan L C

Aug 02, 2017

I really love the previous course and this one reinforce it. Barbara is the best teacher from a MOOC i have ever had, thank you!

By Jason E

Jul 23, 2017

The 2nd course you should take on Coursera (after Learning How to Learn).

By Reinout V

Jun 07, 2017

Great course, an excellent companion to Learning how to Learn!

By Apivat H

Oct 08, 2017

A fantastic, inspiring, yet practical course on making a career/mindshift in a new direction. I'm looking to make 2018 a learning mindshift year as I tackle learning a programming language, so many of the ideas like monitoring societal trends and staying up to date with the information economy deeply resonated with me. Better yet, there are half a dozen practical strategies i'll be taking with me into the new year. Highly recommended!

By Nataliia K

May 31, 2017

Great course! Strongly recommend it!

By Julio A L H

May 31, 2018

I liked it so much

By Swaroop T

Jan 11, 2018

Superb course. I think everyone should enroll in this course and reap the benefits of Mindshifting!

By Venkataraman N

Apr 24, 2018

This is an excellent course. It was well-presented and it is easy to learn. It is not very demanding and yet can teach you a lot of useful things. You do have to make the time commitment to be an active learner. This course teaches a lot of practical skills that might be useful in the current environment. These include: (a) the importance of persistence and flexibility in learning anything new; (b) the importance of being a life-long learner; (c) challenging conventional myths about learning; (d) developing confidence to learn a new skill; (e) learning simple but effective productivity techniques; (f) learning to reflect on your own learning . I highly recommend this course.