Back to Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Learn and practice the basic principles of running an effective music ensemble rehearsal. Techniques and strategies are applicable to a variety of ensembles, including bands, orchestras, choirs, and chamber groups....

Sep 11, 2017

This was an interesting and very useful course. Directors responsible for rehearsing ensembles will enjoy learning techniques, and even experienced conductors will benefit from revision and sharing.

TB

Aug 28, 2015

This is a great course and also flexible to needs of students. If you get behind, the course is built to help you get back on track. I find this extremely helpful with a busy and irregular schedule.

51 - 75 of 86 Reviews for Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles

By Anne E

Feb 26, 2016

As an amateur musician, this thoughtful and in-depth course has illuminated causes of perplexing situations that I've experienced under conductors, provided a mirror of mistakes in my own playing and outlined remedies for correction. A growing awareness provided by these video sessions will improve not only conducting skills, but sharpen my attention to playing and observing detail as well. I can't thank you enough.

A Erickson (F horn / trumpet)

By Giorgio Z

Sep 08, 2017

A highly instructional course with plenty of professional tips about rehearsing a music ensemble. Also, this course features a well-structured programme that successfully tackles the complex world of ensemble conducting. Highly recommended!

By Damian F P

Jun 11, 2018

The course was really a great choice in my case. I'm a music teacher – History of Music – and I'll have to conduct teenagers at the music conservatory as a part of teaching some subjects, so I found this course really helpful for a beginner in conducting like me.

By Frank D A

Nov 13, 2015

One of the Important courses every ensemble Director must study.

By Dobromir G

Aug 08, 2015

I'm bassoonist and I think, that the course is very valuable for non-conductors. It will be a great experience!

By Angelique C

Mar 06, 2018

This is an excellent course. I conduct a children's choir, and this course really helped me learn a lot of principles and techniques for conducting. They do a great job of covering both choral conducting and instrumental ensemble conducting, which is great because even if you only do one or the other, there are many differences worth knowing! It has made me a better, more knowledgeable conductor. Highly recommend!

By Johan R O

Feb 10, 2017

Excelente

By DERWYN B

Dec 28, 2016

Fantastic program! Take this course whether seasoned or not!

By Lauren L

Aug 15, 2015

This was a very instructive course that I recommend to any musician/singer/conducting student seeking to understand the inner workings of conducting, ensemble rehearsing techniques, and getting the most out of individual and group practise. The course focuses heavily on beginning and intermediate conducting technique. This course has sparked an interest in conducting and score-reading in a big way! Highly recommend this course.

By Khomotso M

Aug 07, 2016

course recommended for aspiring conductors. It's so fantastic

By Brian O K

Oct 10, 2017

I love the Course and appreciate the courser for providing this opportunity to us mostly from the interface of Africa.

By Brenda H

Oct 21, 2018

I have a masters of music in conducting from ABC (American Band College)

and I felt this course added more to what I learned in that program. It was excellent and I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to improve there conducting techniques. Thank you so much1

By Andrés M E A

Nov 04, 2018

Learned a LOT with this. Dr. Evan Feldman gave so many fresh ideas and effective as well. Take the chance! it's a great course.

By Emilson V

Nov 30, 2018

Wonderful course. I am loving it.

By Maestro J

May 11, 2019

This is what I always needed. Conducting skills are very well taught. I wish there was more choral stuff, but the same things can be applied to choral groups.

By Yoma K

May 05, 2019

I love the course! Liked the humorous answers for the quizzes.

By Valerie Z

Jul 07, 2019

This is a wonderful course for introducing and improving conducting skills. The lectures are well planned out, and the skills and techniques are reiterated for choral, and orchestral as well as a regular wind band.

By Tan K L G

May 26, 2019

I'm currently working as a primary school CCA violin teacher. I think it is fun to teach primary school student violin and also to conduct the Strings Ensemble. This course has taught me a lot about how to conduct and rehearse.

By Lic. L C V

Jun 01, 2019

Un curso muy agradable, donde pude aprender bastante acerca de conducir orquestas y coros, cualquier ensamble. Me gusto mucho

By Gabriele D

Aug 05, 2019

Thanks, it was a great course!

By Ricardo S R

Aug 09, 2019

Greate course to show the bassics of conducting. Also you get a lot of ideas for beign a better teacher as many things on aproaching an ensemble can be apllied to an instrument class.

By Juanjo R C

Jan 03, 2019

Bien, se agradece

By Hackett

Jun 24, 2017

I enjoyed the course. I found the rehearsal videos helpful, especially the fact that several different ensembles were used. I would have perhaps preferred some quizzes in the middle of the week to pace the video watching a bit more, but everything was very helpful. Thank you!

By Peter S

Jun 18, 2018

I thought it was a well presented course which covered many useful and relevant topics. My only real criticism is with the recordings of some of the rehearsals where the quality of the sound track is not always clear and I felt that a few of the clips could have been shorter. Also, as someone from the UK, I occasionally had slight difficulty following a few of the references to rhythmic note values. To be honest, even the term fermata was fairly new to me since here the term "pause" is far more common.Thank you for putting the course material online.

By Marian F

May 01, 2017

Very good teacher! Since I am a choral conductor, I specially appreciated the interviews and advies from the choral conductor. Picked up quite a few points! i was surprised to learn that Dr. Feldman let his players sing their parts.

I will definitely recommend this course.