Back to Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Learn and practice the basic principles of running an effective music ensemble rehearsal. Techniques and strategies are applicable to a variety of ensembles, including bands, orchestras, choirs, and chamber groups....

Sep 11, 2017

This was an interesting and very useful course. Directors responsible for rehearsing ensembles will enjoy learning techniques, and even experienced conductors will benefit from revision and sharing.

TB

Aug 28, 2015

This is a great course and also flexible to needs of students. If you get behind, the course is built to help you get back on track. I find this extremely helpful with a busy and irregular schedule.

26 - 50 of 91 Reviews for Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensembles

By Alessandra

Mar 03, 2019

Very interesting and thorough course. It is complete enough as an overview and analysis of all the conducting aspects, from a conceptual, technical, historical, theorical and practical point of view.

By Sandy S

Sep 11, 2017

By Timothy B

Aug 28, 2015

By Ricardo S R

Aug 09, 2019

Greate course to show the bassics of conducting. Also you get a lot of ideas for beign a better teacher as many things on aproaching an ensemble can be apllied to an instrument class.

By Timothy R C

Oct 06, 2015

This is a very organized and in-depth class. I have been a music educator for 35 years. I wish this course would have been offered when I was working on my degrees. Great job!!

By Sushil M

Jan 30, 2019

This is a Great course useful for a training purpose, also helps every Classically Musician or Musician of other Genres to get a broad generalist working knowledge in Conducting.

By Tony K

Jan 31, 2017

it's a grate course with an important topic for all hobby conductors. I'd learn a lot of practicable things to conduct and rehearse an orchestra of hobby musicians.

By Raphael A D R

May 02, 2016

Very well-explained course, with essential details and different points of view by other conductors who live different contexts in conducting types. Excellent.

By Maestro J

May 11, 2019

This is what I always needed. Conducting skills are very well taught. I wish there was more choral stuff, but the same things can be applied to choral groups.

By Koos J

Oct 12, 2017

Excellent course with lots of examples. Enjoyed it thoroughly. Great fun and learned a lot. Too bad it finished after six weeks. Recommend it.

By Ida E

Mar 29, 2020

Wow! I learnt so much! I will take this course again and pay for the certificate. Really good stuff for me as a violin teacher!

By Andrés M E A

Nov 04, 2018

Learned a LOT with this. Dr. Evan Feldman gave so many fresh ideas and effective as well. Take the chance! it's a great course.

By Lic. L C V

Jun 01, 2019

Un curso muy agradable, donde pude aprender bastante acerca de conducir orquestas y coros, cualquier ensamble. Me gusto mucho

By Brian O K

Oct 10, 2017

I love the Course and appreciate the courser for providing this opportunity to us mostly from the interface of Africa.

By Robert M M

Aug 15, 2016

Not only great strategies for rehearsing ensembles. Dr. Feldman also provides a great primer for new conductors.

By Dobromir G

Aug 08, 2015

I'm bassoonist and I think, that the course is very valuable for non-conductors. It will be a great experience!

May 05, 2020

Excellent! If taken as a high schooler as I did, it will put you ahead of the game when you get to college

By Andrey O

Jul 24, 2017

Thank you so much for such excellent course. now I do understand my conductor way better then before

By Angelina W

Dec 29, 2015

Excellent examples and lectures. Ideal for conductors, but also helps develop general musicianship.

By David L

Nov 13, 2015

Really Enjoyed Dr Feldmans lectures and personality, this was a great class and learned quite a bit!

By ji y r

Nov 09, 2016

Practical and have good points that one should remember when conducting a certain group

By Mary B

Dec 06, 2016

Rich with information, comprehensive, covered the topic in an interesting way.

By Julie B

Aug 14, 2015

Excellent instruction, enthusiastic instructor. I am learning a lot!

By Frank D A

Nov 13, 2015

One of the Important courses every ensemble Director must study.

By Yoma K

May 05, 2019

I love the course! Liked the humorous answers for the quizzes.