Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

PM
Mar 22, 2020

This course has turned out to very profitable, especially if you are not an expert in anatomical and clinical terms as is my case. In my opinion, this course is extremely interesting, congratulations.

VK
Jul 26, 2020

This course has been an eye-opener for me and has helped me to better understand the brain from a perspective of empathy towards those suffering from debilitating disorders, thanks to Professor Mason.

251 - 275 of 663 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Sanhita S

Jul 4, 2020

This course was fantastic and transformative. Studying the brain changes your life, and this course gave me a solid grounding to better understand everything else I learn about the brain.

By Claudia A G Q

Mar 1, 2018

A great experience, so thrilling to understan a bit more about our amazing nervous system and brains! Dr. Mason is wonderful, giving everyday examples so we can all relate and understand.

By Govind P

Dec 17, 2016

Excellent. Passionate teacher, well rounded modules. The way of formulating questions in the weekly exams is sometimes difficult to understand. Could and should be cleared by the authors.

By Amanda P

Aug 19, 2020

Peggy Mason is Awesome! Thank you for your generosity, passion and dedication to helping others understand the brain. I found the course extremely interesting, helpful and valuable!

By Sriranjani M

Great course to understand the brain and its vastness! Thank you, Dr. Peggy Mason, for this excellent course. I highly recommend it for anybody new to the field of the brain sciences.

By Maren M

Professor Peggy Mason is wonderful! The course is extremely manageable, well organized, and incredibly interesting, connecting neurobiology to common and rare medical conditions.

By ABDUL K

Apr 18, 2020

it was overall a best experience to learn this course by Professor Peggy Mason.

I will strongly recommend this high yield course to all those interested in learning neurobiology.

By Jitendra B

Nov 15, 2018

excellent course for every one, good contents on Neurobiology and presentation by professor peggy meson undoubted super, i will recommend one should try for this course. thanks

By Kandoba E A

Jun 11, 2020

Exciting, challenging, and very clear. I was delighted to be taught by Professor Peggy Mason. Very clear explanation, very interesting examples, a lot of additional materials.

By Franklin D S N

Feb 18, 2020

I fully believe that this course helped me to develop new skills in my daily life. it was an update on my future academic life. Since I met this platform, my life has changed.

By Martin R L Q

Jun 15, 2020

A comprehensive and fascinating course about the structure and functions of the brain and its intimate relationship with the body and human behaviour. Highly recommendable

By Vivian F

Jan 16, 2018

The course was execellent. Professor Peggy Mason introduced us to neurobiology in comprehensive and engaging way. I will recomend this course ! thank you professor Maggy!

By Jessica G

Oct 18, 2016

Doing this as prep for my Biopsych class next year. Really enjoying the material, Peggy's delivery (and affection for the humble neuron) is infectious.

Many thanks, Jess

By Christine M L

Feb 10, 2021

Dr. Peggy Mason does an amazing job explaining this complicated material in down to earth, personal and fun ways. This was a challenging course but I really enjoyed it.

By Josephine T

Aug 31, 2020

A very interesting course that delivers neurobiology in an amount of depth that is not too basic, but still understandable by people who do not really major in biology.

By Samia A V E

Jul 29, 2020

Excellent course, the materials are great, the final project is also very interesting, anyone who wants to know more about the brain should take it! Highly recommended!

By Aakash C

Jul 17, 2020

This course is amazing and it gives a great perspective into Neurobiology. Dr. Peggy Mason's engagement to the course is wonderful. Entirely, this course is flawless!

By Judith M

Jan 10, 2017

good video lectures, good idea with the small quizes after every section. Peggy was fun to listen too and she got difficult things over quite clearly. Worth repeating

By Angelos A

Jul 8, 2020

Excellent course. Mason is a great and enthusiastic instructor. I would only expect a bit more anatomical information of the central and peripheral nervous system.

By Rodney L

May 16, 2019

Dr. Mason is a joy to have as an instructor. I hope for the opportunity to learn from her in the future. I look forward to following her work on LinkedIn and FB.

By Sophie K

May 19, 2017

This course was EXCELLENT!!!! I learned so much and I loved Peggy! I just wish it had gone on longer. This course was very fun and also very informative. 5 STARS!!

By Bruce M d S

Jul 4, 2019

By far one of the best experiences in online learning that i had! Professor Peggy Mason is Amazing! I recommend her book too (the one by her right in the videos).

By Pam B

Oct 15, 2017

Awesome course. Lots of concepts covered. Will probably review again in a while since I know I will learn even more if I repeat some of the more complex topics.

By Vidur S

May 30, 2017

A great course! Topics are very well explained and answer many fundamental questions about the working of our brain and about diseases and pretty much everything.

By Eric C

Mar 1, 2018

Excellent course! I'm working on machine learning using neural network, and this class provide a fascinating insight into how brain really works. Very inspiring.