Back to Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life by The University of Chicago

Learn how the nervous system produces behavior, how we use our brain every day, and how neuroscience can explain the common problems afflicting people today. We will study functional human neuroanatomy and neuronal communication, and then use this information to understand how we perceive the outside world, move our bodies voluntarily, stay alive, and play well with others....

VK

Jul 27, 2020

This course has been an eye-opener for me and has helped me to better understand the brain from a perspective of empathy towards those suffering from debilitating disorders, thanks to Professor Mason.

MJ

It has been, in all, a wonderful experience taking this course, Prof Peggy is really good at what she does, wonderful content, stories, instances, and videos. Learnt a lot from this course, thank you!

251 - 275 of 497 Reviews for Understanding the Brain: The Neurobiology of Everyday Life

By Natalie J

Aug 20, 2020

I love completing this course along side my sister and enjoyed the way my teacher presented the course. Well worth it!

By Adam E

May 23, 2017

Excellent course. Great instructor. Speaks clearly and her passion about what she's teaching makes it easier to learn.

By Mitthian B S

Jul 08, 2020

I loved this course, thank you so much for this opportunity to learn such great knowledge, it really changed my life.

By Mikala C

Dec 11, 2018

A great course,. The instructor communicates very well some complicated but very interesting facts about the brain.

By Larry L E

Jul 11, 2017

A fascinating course from a great natural teacher, one who is truly in love with her topic.

More, please Ms Peggy!

By Maria J

Aug 22, 2020

I enjoyed the course a lot! It is engaging and Peggy is awesome -and always has an example with cats XD. Loved it!

By 傅煦然

Jul 19, 2020

Thank you Prof. Mason and UChicago! Very well structured course with rich content and extremely beginner friendly.

By Rebecca M

Jan 11, 2018

Great course and extraordinary empathetic Professor! Amazing! I loved every single minute. Strongly recommended!

By Juan M C p

Nov 20, 2017

Todo el curso fue de mi agrado, con mucha información increible que es muy útil para relacionarlo con mi carrera

By Cat W

Aug 04, 2017

Particularly interesting and demanding! I am very happy to have learned so much! Profound lessons! Thanks a lot!

By Nile B

If you love the brain you’ll love this course. Commit to the entire 10 weeks. Professor Peggy Mason is amazing!

By DR R S

Feb 25, 2019

Exceptional course, very well explained . I would recommend everybody to buy the book of Professor Peggy Mason

By Katie C

Jul 24, 2020

Fantastic content that is very well presented and oragnised. The presenter is very engaging and knowledgeable.

By Juan A A

Dec 13, 2016

This is, probably, the best MOOC that I've come across ever. Clear, funny, rigorous and really realy exciting.

By Priya S

Oct 09, 2016

easy and fun way of understanding brain, I love the way Peggy Mason explains the concepts it's easy to follow

By Veronica A

Sep 29, 2018

Very didactic- Peggy is wonderful at making it (relatively!) easy to understand. Great for a beginner like me

By CAROLINA B

Aug 24, 2020

Muy completo, extremadamente digerible, la Dra. Peggy hace que cada tema sea interesante, claro y aplicable.

By Anastasiia B

Dec 06, 2019

I loved the course! Professor Peggy Mason is sooo charismatic. Great course to start Neuroscience studying.

By Cj R

Mar 13, 2018

Awesome, great instructor, and a definite recommendation to other learners. And, you can't beat the price!

By Yasmen G A E

Jun 20, 2017

fantastic really very very good .. the method of explanation is so interested with high quality of subjects

By Rebecca J

Aug 20, 2020

Amazing! Peggy is a wonderful teacher and full of passion! I highly recommend this course to everyone! :)

By Athina-Valentini T

Aug 17, 2020

Very comprehensive (especially for someone who already has taken anatomy lessons), extremely interesting!

By Cally M

Dec 01, 2017

really enjoying this course and like the pop quiz style questions during the videos to keep you focussed

By Stéphanie B

May 29, 2017

Best Mooc I have ever attended till now, thanks you very much for this valuable and accessible knowledge

By Jonathan M

Apr 09, 2017

Fantastic course. Structure and pace of instruction were perfect. Excellent for newbies to neuroscience.