Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

SP
Apr 23, 2020

Whether you are new to programming or an experienced guy, you should absolutely opt for this course because it helps to build a strong base with the basic but most important concepts in programming.

76 - 100 of 1,334 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By RAJAT D

May 12, 2020

This course gives me a new conceptual understanding of the concepts. Previously, I was looking at things differently. After completion of this course, I can visualize what is actually happening in the hardware. How the computer is dealing with numbers.

Taking this course was an enjoyable and amazing experience.

By ADITYA I A

Aug 15, 2020

Myself Aditya Ishwardas Agrawal ,At The begning i thought that c programming is very tough but as i went on learning with coursera the things started to become Easier and easier by solving many more quizes!! I am very much thankfull to the instructors and coursera for providing these course for free of cost.

By Harry A

May 4, 2018

A solid course for anyone getting into programming or for those who skipped straight into writing C without understanding how create their own algorithms. It serves nicely as a refresher also or a crash course into algorithms.

I liked the exercises and the explanations are both logical and useful. Five stars!

By Bassem O A E E

Jul 21, 2020

This course is for beginners like was described.

I like the method of telling the information by put reading first and video second which is not suitable with other student. That make it more interesting and good for abstraction and get new concepts.

I recommended so much this course to starting fly-in-code

By Punam

Apr 3, 2020

I am an intermediate level C programmer and I used to do a lot of mistakes while writing code.

It's really true that your planning is really very important. Skills are more important than tools, That is so true.

This is a really awesome course which shows step by step approach to get towards solution.

By Shravani G

Jul 24, 2020

I was glad to be a part of such wonderful course.If your are beginner in C programming language then this course will be really helpful to you since the explanation is very well illustrated.

I Thank all the instructors for such an informative course and I would also like to thank the team as well.

By Kasaragadda T S C 1

Aug 8, 2019

This course offer me to see the problem in a new perspective by helping me to learn to read and analyse the code which makes the programming language easy to learn and understand by saving more time while debugging the code. It also let u know where we all do mistakes and helps us to rectify it.

By Anmol K V

May 14, 2020

I suggest you should definitely go for this course as this course is designed in a way that even the beginners can learn to code in C in a very easy way.

The content provided in the videos and reading material can be easily understood and you can starting coding just after finishing the course.

By Andrey K

May 5, 2020

It is a great course to start off as a programmer, or brush up the basics if you are a programmer. I did the course to prepare myself to learning C, and I have filled in some gaps, although I have been already programming for years. It's always great to get good guidance and explanations.

By Bakrey O B

Oct 6, 2019

Thank you Corsera and Duke university for your help, in this coures i have learned a lot in such a nice way to present the informations with an excellent sorting and designing the materials, THanks againe for my first certificaion in Coursera.

Hope to complete the whole Specialisation (: )

By MD. U R R

Jun 1, 2020

It's a great initiative that you should take if you are totally new to the world of programming. This course makes sure you understand each and every word used in C programming. Even though I knew almost all the topics before this course, it provided deep learning of these topics to me.

By Elhoussaine A A

Jul 5, 2020

I am very happy to finish this lesson, it is a lesson worth pursuing. Now I can continue studying programming with love and optimism. Really, I have learned a lot of praise especially reading code with C programming language. Thank you so much for this wonderful course. A lot of love.

By David B

Jul 22, 2020

Excellent introduction to Programming in C, or programming in general. It made me think. It was not easy for me, but it helped me improve my programming skills. I thought I knew how to program! Now I feel I'm on the right path to become a professional programmer, not a mediocre one.

By Rahul D

Sep 23, 2020

Awesome, I have never seen a teaching method like this. I used to have a lot of confusion before this course. They solved every doubt. Even you know nothing about c language or you know a few things. This course will change the way your laptop and programming totally.

By RAKSHITH S P

Aug 13, 2020

This was a great experience for me. I did knew some basics in C programming but after learning this course I came across many things which I had understood wrong. now I know the fundamentals well and I am confident now. Thank you DUKE university and thank you COURSERA.

Apr 17, 2019

Each task was very informative, and everything felt as though it had a purpose. The videos were easy to follow, and I actually learned something from taking the quizzes instead of feeling as though I was just regurgitating information. This was a pretty great course!

By EDGAR A P F

Nov 19, 2020

I really liked how the instructors introduced me to programming fundamentals. This course will give you the principles to understand how computers read, interpret and execute code.

I highly recommend this course for those who are beginning in the programming world.

By Silvana P

Jan 21, 2019

As someone who had exposure to Basic, Pascal and Fortran in high school, but did not touch any programming since then, I found it and excellent introductory course into programming! Explanations and exercises are thorough and challenging. Very enjoyable learning!

By Farhan H

Loved how they emphasized on reading materials rather than just showing us everything! Thus it needs no saying that the course was planned neatly! Will definitely recommend any fresher to go with this course along with any people who have interest in this field!

By Sagar P

Thank you so much for a basic course on Programming Fundamentals. This course helps me a lot in getting familiar with basic concepts in programming and algorithm. And it will help me to boost up a carrier in the field of Programming, Robotics, and Automation.

By Aditya R

Apr 11, 2020

This course was great which bought me up with the fundamentals of programming as in like with absolute basics and if you're new to programming and want to learn to program in C or about the basics in any Language. This course would be probably the best one.

By Jashaswimalya A

Aug 18, 2020

Awesome Course. C Programming Language is also part of my College's Computer Science and Programming Course Syllabus. In this Covid-19 pandemic situation, this course has helped me learn the core concepts of C Programming Language more clearly and easily.

By Sarath K A

Jul 12, 2020

Amazing course. Even though I had prior knowledge in C programming this course has opened new doors to me. This course has taught me to look at programming and writing algorithms from a different perspective which is fun and easy to follow and understand.

By Sanjit K R

Mar 2, 2020

It was a nice experience of mine studying online with coursera. I came to know many fundamental concepts of C programming which will definitely enhance my future. If I would have to learn any other courses, I firstly prefer the coursera. Thankyou Coursera

By Sinesh K

Jun 23, 2020

This course is designed is so well, I loved the way they taught me to write an algorithm in 7 steps . Really amazing . Although I would suggest to give more details about the Number system (but no worry guys u can search a little and you are good to go).