Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

SP
Apr 23, 2020

Whether you are new to programming or an experienced guy, you should absolutely opt for this course because it helps to build a strong base with the basic but most important concepts in programming.

101 - 125 of 1,334 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By R G R

Sep 21, 2020

The course absolutely very helpful. Even though I studied Biology as my basic group in high school I was able to understand the types and can cope up with the subject. This course can be understood by anyone who is not from this background. Thank you.

By Ioannis M

Feb 15, 2018

A very nice introduction to algorithmic thinking for beginners. This course will teach you basic concepts that will help you a lot in your programming career. Highly recommended if you are new to programming or if you want to build better foundations.

By Aiswarya V

Mar 31, 2019

I personally experienced that this course is very useful for beginners who didn't have any background knowledge on programming.. This is a great starting to learn programming. I sincerely recommend this to people who are excited to learn programming.

By Saumya J

Want to begin a career in programming or just want to learn programming for fun. This course could be your choice. The methodology use to solve pretty complex problems and generalisation of programming concepts is very hard to find somewhere else .

By NIKHIL J

Jul 1, 2020

All three instructors in this course are very amazing & I am willing to learn more from them & take more courses from them. I also want to interact with Genevieve M. Lipp honestly, I liked her way of explaining & other instructors were also good.

By ANKIT S

Sep 3, 2019

This course was just outstanding. The Respected Instructors have really helped me to make my foundation in the C Programming Language really strong by making me understand ALGORITHMS, and other useful information about the C Programming Language.

By Shubham J

Dec 10, 2018

I'm happy with my achievement, experience and the knowledge this course has given me this past weeks.

So, much gratitude towards all the course era community for such a good online study interaction and sharing goodwill of knowledge and education.

By YUSUF M

Nov 8, 2019

Acually my department is EEE and

in my school they just teach us how to write a program not how to think before writing because we aren't studying software engineering, After following this course my school C homworks were easy for me to solve.

By Hitesh P

Best course for the beginners. But I will suggest, read about the C language more and more. After getting sufficient knowledge start with the course. If you don't know anything about the programming then you should not start with this course.

By Muhammad S

Oct 23, 2020

I had no background in programming before attending that course. The instruction provide in that course is very easy to understand and everything is clear in this, so anyone after learnt from this course can read and write his/her own code.

By 郭可中

May 19, 2018

The course provides the very basic idea of programming, this is a suitable course for those with little or no experience in programming. The course aims to provide an idea of programming without giving you too much actual coding experience.

By Biplav S K

Oct 19, 2020

This is a really good course for learning C programming, unlike any other course they have provided a lot of study material so you really have to dig deep into the concepts and can understand them. Also, the level of the quiz is very good.

By Gabriel M C

Jun 21, 2019

Really enjoyed this introduction. The decision of the course of not jumping right into writing code was excellent. I feel ready to tackle the other courses of the specialisation, and also confident to engage on other programming languages.

By P S D

Jul 8, 2020

If you are a beginner or intermediate programmer, I suggest this course because you come to know how the system works before you learn to code. It builds your subject with strong basics and a better understanding of hardware and compiler.

By Hanns R G

Apr 1, 2020

I learned many things about programming in this course. I am very thankful for Duke University and Coursera community. I hope many people will learn about this course too. I will share it with my friends. Thank you again for this course.

By Adam H

Jul 31, 2018

I have attempted to learn Python through other online open learning websites, as well as reading books on my own. The focus from those sources, and my own desire, was to immediately jump into writing algorithms and programming in the lan

By Adam B

Mar 21, 2020

This is an excellent course that really does a great job of getting you to stop and think about what you're doing rather than just telling you to do it. I wish all courses could take a page from these instructors. Highly recommended.

By Nasif O B H

May 1, 2020

It is my first course in coursera and i am very much glad to finishing this course. And it is a very effective course for anyone who wants to start programming like me. The videos and reading and the assignments are very effective.

By Rachit A

Jul 29, 2020

It really helped me to understand the importance of planning to make algorithm and not rush for programming. It also motivates me to demonstrate the importance of programming basic concepts to my students in college lecture class.

By Muhammad S Q

Apr 22, 2020

I do not have any solid base to start my Programming career.

After completing this course I can say that Now I have good grasp on Reading the code, Execute it by hand and a little bit problem solving skills.

Well planned and design.

By Shaswat G

Dec 15, 2019

It was great to gain the fundamental knowledge about programming and step by step ways to solve problems and come up with a generalized solution which I think is a stepping stone in order to solve both simple and complex solution.

By Яценко Д О

Apr 30, 2020

It is very interesting course for me, because I always wanted to know a bit more about computer science and technologies. Thank you so much. This stuff showed me that even such person like me (a humanities) completed this course.

By Mateo O

Apr 22, 2018

This is a interesting course. I learn a lot about algorithms and how to apply them to real problems that I had with my projects. I recommend this if you want to create better programs and general this help for common situations.

By Aheer S

May 4, 2020

Awesome course, really awesome. The teachers explain everything so clearly that it is

hard to forget what you have learned. Most of all, they teach you the 7 crucial steps to write

and efficient, clear and easy to manage program.

By vidya s

Nov 9, 2020

This coursers very useful to beginners (who are starting the programs).And this courser also show the interest to do the programs . I suggest all students (those who are not interested in programs)would learn these coursers