Back to Programming Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Fundamentals by Duke University

Programming is an increasingly important skill, whether you aspire to a career in software development, or in other fields. This course is the first in the specialization Introduction to Programming in C, but its lessons extend to any language you might want to learn. This is because programming is fundamentally about figuring out how to solve a class of problems and writing the algorithm, a clear set of steps to solve any problem in its class. This course will introduce you to a powerful problem-solving process—the Seven Steps—which you can use to solve any programming problem. In this course, you will learn how to develop an algorithm, then progress to reading code and understanding how programming concepts relate to algorithms....

EE
Aug 13, 2020

The instruction provided in this course are very clear and anyone who can learn coding by this course. But the course has more readable content for you to take notes and reading it may take more time.

MK
Jan 27, 2021

It's a very good as a beginning with programing language. It helped me to think like a compiler and how it exactly works. I've finally understood the saying "Everything in computer works in logic".♥

101 - 125 of 1,446 Reviews for Programming Fundamentals

By RAKSHITH S P

Aug 13, 2020

This was a great experience for me. I did knew some basics in C programming but after learning this course I came across many things which I had understood wrong. now I know the fundamentals well and I am confident now. Thank you DUKE university and thank you COURSERA.

Apr 17, 2019

Each task was very informative, and everything felt as though it had a purpose. The videos were easy to follow, and I actually learned something from taking the quizzes instead of feeling as though I was just regurgitating information. This was a pretty great course!

By EDGAR A P F

Nov 19, 2020

I really liked how the instructors introduced me to programming fundamentals. This course will give you the principles to understand how computers read, interpret and execute code.

I highly recommend this course for those who are beginning in the programming world.

By Silvana P

Jan 21, 2019

As someone who had exposure to Basic, Pascal and Fortran in high school, but did not touch any programming since then, I found it and excellent introductory course into programming! Explanations and exercises are thorough and challenging. Very enjoyable learning!

By Farhan H

Loved how they emphasized on reading materials rather than just showing us everything! Thus it needs no saying that the course was planned neatly! Will definitely recommend any fresher to go with this course along with any people who have interest in this field!

By Sagar P

Thank you so much for a basic course on Programming Fundamentals. This course helps me a lot in getting familiar with basic concepts in programming and algorithm. And it will help me to boost up a carrier in the field of Programming, Robotics, and Automation.

By Aditya R

Apr 11, 2020

This course was great which bought me up with the fundamentals of programming as in like with absolute basics and if you're new to programming and want to learn to program in C or about the basics in any Language. This course would be probably the best one.

By Jashaswimalya A

Aug 18, 2020

Awesome Course. C Programming Language is also part of my College's Computer Science and Programming Course Syllabus. In this Covid-19 pandemic situation, this course has helped me learn the core concepts of C Programming Language more clearly and easily.

By Sarath K A

Jul 12, 2020

Amazing course. Even though I had prior knowledge in C programming this course has opened new doors to me. This course has taught me to look at programming and writing algorithms from a different perspective which is fun and easy to follow and understand.

By Sanjit K R

Mar 2, 2020

It was a nice experience of mine studying online with coursera. I came to know many fundamental concepts of C programming which will definitely enhance my future. If I would have to learn any other courses, I firstly prefer the coursera. Thankyou Coursera

By Douglas H

Jan 31, 2021

Good intro course to C programming, and programming in general. I greatly appreciated the approach to first writing out and analyzing algorithms before writing code. However, some of the algorithms were a little challenging for a novice to programming.

By Sinesh K

Jun 23, 2020

This course is designed is so well, I loved the way they taught me to write an algorithm in 7 steps . Really amazing . Although I would suggest to give more details about the Number system (but no worry guys u can search a little and you are good to go).

By R G R

Sep 21, 2020

The course absolutely very helpful. Even though I studied Biology as my basic group in high school I was able to understand the types and can cope up with the subject. This course can be understood by anyone who is not from this background. Thank you.

By Yannis M

Feb 15, 2018

A very nice introduction to algorithmic thinking for beginners. This course will teach you basic concepts that will help you a lot in your programming career. Highly recommended if you are new to programming or if you want to build better foundations.

By Aiswarya V

Mar 31, 2019

I personally experienced that this course is very useful for beginners who didn't have any background knowledge on programming.. This is a great starting to learn programming. I sincerely recommend this to people who are excited to learn programming.

By Saumya J

Want to begin a career in programming or just want to learn programming for fun. This course could be your choice. The methodology use to solve pretty complex problems and generalisation of programming concepts is very hard to find somewhere else .

By NIKHIL J

Jul 1, 2020

All three instructors in this course are very amazing & I am willing to learn more from them & take more courses from them. I also want to interact with Genevieve M. Lipp honestly, I liked her way of explaining & other instructors were also good.

By ANKIT S

Sep 3, 2019

This course was just outstanding. The Respected Instructors have really helped me to make my foundation in the C Programming Language really strong by making me understand ALGORITHMS, and other useful information about the C Programming Language.

By Shubham J

Dec 10, 2018

I'm happy with my achievement, experience and the knowledge this course has given me this past weeks.

So, much gratitude towards all the course era community for such a good online study interaction and sharing goodwill of knowledge and education.

By YUSUF M

Nov 8, 2019

Acually my department is EEE and

in my school they just teach us how to write a program not how to think before writing because we aren't studying software engineering, After following this course my school C homworks were easy for me to solve.

By Don E

Mar 12, 2021

I appreciated the approach to this class. The class really emphasized the importance of being able to follow all of the code you write and the code others write. Plan, before you write code, is the alternative name of the course. Well done.

By Hitesh P

Best course for the beginners. But I will suggest, read about the C language more and more. After getting sufficient knowledge start with the course. If you don't know anything about the programming then you should not start with this course.

By Muhammad S

Oct 23, 2020

I had no background in programming before attending that course. The instruction provide in that course is very easy to understand and everything is clear in this, so anyone after learnt from this course can read and write his/her own code.

By Kochung K

May 19, 2018

The course provides the very basic idea of programming, this is a suitable course for those with little or no experience in programming. The course aims to provide an idea of programming without giving you too much actual coding experience.

By Biplav S K

Oct 19, 2020

This is a really good course for learning C programming, unlike any other course they have provided a lot of study material so you really have to dig deep into the concepts and can understand them. Also, the level of the quiz is very good.