Back to Prototyping and Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Prototyping and Design by University of Minnesota

In this course you will learn how to design and prototype user interfaces to address the users and tasks identified in user research. Through a series of lectures and exercises, you will learn and practice paper- and other low-fidelity prototyping techniques; you will learn and apply principles from graphic design, including design patterns; you will learn to write a design rationale; and you will learn how to design for specific populations and situations, including principles and practices of accessible design....

AR
Feb 21, 2021

Excellent class! Solid use of paper prototyping to demonstrate the use of low fidelity prototypes. Also loved the discussion around Universal Design, lots of great insights.

H
Mar 10, 2019

I really really loved week 3 content, it added a lot for my knowledge and inspired me a lot.\n\nI keep watching it over and over

1 - 25 of 51 Reviews for Prototyping and Design

By Ezzeldeen

Mar 14, 2020

No this is bad, The other courses are great but in UX (user experience) not user interface which is the name of the course. I was hoping to start designing but I didn't, the course totally skips the UI part.

I understand that this is a computer science university, but they have to call the course user experience not user interface.

By Aislinn R

Nov 28, 2017

Great overview for learners who are not already in the design field in some capacity. The class served me as a good review and I imagine that if a learner has never confronted accessibility needs or issues of screen size this class may be very illuminating. There was only one prototyping assignment and--though that assignment was a good one--I would have liked at least one other as the opportunity to learn a new tool or technique was missing from the class. The lecture videos in the last two weeks were a bit long for the information provided.

By Kwansui K

Oct 20, 2020

Although I am not a complete novice in the field of HCI, I still learnt a lot.

Thank you so much to all the presenters and guest speakers for sharing your experience and knowledge. I am a young researcher who does part time teaching of my own in the field of HCI in South Africa. I have learnt a lot and you have all given me so many ideas and knowledge that I will also share with my own students.

By Rebecca r

Aug 30, 2017

Great course to take within the Specialization. Just like the other courses within the Specialization, it is highly flexible and engaging. If you download lectures and quizzes offline while in Wifi, it makes completing this course even easier as you can listen on-the-go. Excellent professors and useful coursework.

By Artjoms L

Feb 23, 2019

Great course as 2 previous! Only the thing I would like to point out its easier to learn from short videos, I understand that information is really broad and you try to narrow it as much as possible! anyway Thank you for opportunity to learn more about UX/UI Design! would like to have a class in your university!

By Shreya G

Jun 7, 2020

Like the course, though the name is prototyping and not much exercises or assignments on prototyping. Along with basics of designing for each device their must be a brief , task or assignment to prototyoe UI for particular device.

By Raghu H O

Jan 8, 2019

Before this course if I look at any system / device I was not able to understand design it was built.

This course gave me much information about how different systems will be built considering the real-time experience.

By Andrew R

Feb 22, 2021

By Gisela

Sep 15, 2020

Muy interesante y recomendable.

Hay vídeos de las clases con muy buenos profesores. Parte práctica con entregas. Y varios test de evaluación.

By Hanaa S E A

Mar 11, 2019

I keep watching it over and over

By Плеханова Э М

Jun 10, 2018

Informative, useful. This course makes me think in another way, more properly, structurised. Thank you!

By Thais X G

Oct 22, 2020

Excellent course, I am learning a lot and love the way we have different lectures

By Emily C

Jul 9, 2020

Excellent course, very didactic! It motivated me to learn more and more!

By Tasneem E

Sep 3, 2017

I had problems doing the prototyping assignment, but I had so much fun!

By pham q k

Aug 26, 2017

it is great . I thank the teachers who helped me with this knowledge

By Abhijeet B

May 7, 2017

Awesome Course.Loved it and learned a lot. Thank you Coursera!!!

By anil j S

Oct 14, 2017

Excellent course...opens the mind and gives a lot of ideas..

By abdul m

Jan 25, 2021

for learning basic prototyping, this course is really good

By Julie L

May 7, 2019

Excellent overview of the prototyping tools and methods

By James M

Mar 22, 2017

Great class with an interesting hands-on activity.

By Olga O S

Jun 15, 2021

Very much helpful with my current job!

By Irfan Y

May 27, 2017

Thank you Professors and Lecturers!

By Sai C J